Ask a Moortuguese-Canadian anything

Ask a Moortuguese-Canadian anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0J3vgcE5i2o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Go back to Iberia/Africa. You're ruining what isn't yours.

When are you returning to the nation to play a part in rebuilding the Empire?

The Portuguese were the second people to explore the coasts of this country and there are monuments to them out east. In any case, I don't take orders from foreigners as to what I should do in my own country.

Saudade forever, Fifth Empire never.

Plus, I'm not quite ready to take the dive into chronic unemployment at the moment.

How does it feel to be half boss/half cuck?

I speak your language

DOLCECAVEIRAMEUDEUSDOSELVACAMARAIDOFAVELA

You're the damn foreigner, idiot.

Surely you mean Fifth Empire now

go away burgernigger

Ethnically, it feels good. Culturally, it feels bad insofar as I'm surrounded by people whose convictions I neither understand nor approve of.

That's more than I can do. I don't speak Portuguese.

Strange, I was born and raised here as my birth certificate can attest. My parents were also born and raised here.

By the way, what is an "ethnic Canadian" and at what point does an immigrant become one?

the natives had their chance

>By the way, what is an "ethnic Canadian" and at what point does an immigrant become one?

natives, and never unless the original population is wiped out and canadians become distinct enough genetically

Hey Nelly Furtado!

youtube.com/watch?v=0J3vgcE5i2o

She's from out west and I can't stand her. Never trust an Azorean.

You're not white, so you'll never count. We don't want you in the West. Get out.

Dude, what's the deal with the stinky ass fish your people eat? When the porkchops down the hall from my apartment cook it, it stinks up the whole building...

I'm pretty sure you're charging the wrong guy with the offense of not being white.

For myself, I don't mind people calling me non-white. When someone asks me what my background is (which is the usual question in Canada, not "What race are you?") I say Portuguese. It's very simple.

>You're not white, so you'll never count. We don't want you in the West. Get out.

Cod? It's pretty good, you should try it. I'm pretty "caker" in my diet, though. I eat mashed potatoes and peas more than I eat cod or green soup.

No thanks. This is my home. :^)

Different person, but I am also portuguese and italian

Don't claim to be Canadian. You're a minority living in Canada and that's it. You don't belong. I don't give a fuck if you're a Native American either, not white = not Canadian.

I know very very few people that consider themselves canadian, its basically just the people that don't know their ethnicity that say it. At least in the west

I am Canadian by virtue of my citizenship alone. There is no such thing as ethnic nationalism in Canada, except in Quebec. Even Anglo-Canada has long accepted non-British Commonwealth citizens of various origins. That's one of the benefits of being an empire, I suppose, though I suspect a great many Brits are regretting having ever instituted that policy.

So you can talk all you like but I ain't leaving. In fact, I'll probably marry a caker and have 5 or 6 mixed-race mutts with her. :^)

Wuz you a kang n sheeit?

Nope, although there have been a few genealogists who have speculated that the progenitor of my family was a bastard son of Afonso Henriques. I doubt it, personally.

We wuz prime minister n sheeit, though.

>Portugal
>not white

ol barely 65 per cent white elected a negro for the sake of being a negro head ass

Nah, you don't count. That piece of paper doesn't mean shit. You aren't Canadian.

>That piece of paper doesn't mean shit.
Actually it does, not only to the Canadian government but to foreign governments.

>mfw this foreigner is trying to tell me who I am

t.Alberto Barbosa

Probably a scam, there's a lot of shady "genealogy" sites that claim "oh hey you might be related to X, send us a sample of your spit and two gorillion dollerydoos to find out!" If you're really that interested I'd use 23andme.

He said he was Moorish.

it's a meme you dip

You seem to be a well-articulated fellow. Consider yourself an honourary Caucasian.

It was a joke, you idiot. "Moortuguese" is what everyone calls Portuguese on Sup Forums. There are no Moors left in Portugal, and few Mohammedans immigrate there.

Quite possible. That claim doesn't come from a website but a book: "História Genealógica da Casa Real Portuguesa".

And now that I've looked into it, I got it mixed up. He wasn't the suspected bastard son of D. Henriques, his grandmother was the suspected bastard daughter of the king.

Whatever the case, I'm still Joe Blow office worker #39012.

I'm honoured.

You're dip. Onion dip. Cuz you just keep on crying. You'll never be white.

Nigger, it involves genes too, not just religion.

Really? Tell me more.

You're misleading as fuck. No one gives a fuck about your ancestry if you're just another white guy.

Well, you apparently do since you've been telling me where I belong based on my ancestry throughout this thread.

>you're just another white guy.
Nope. Portuguese father, and since I wasn't raised in a cuckshed where the paterfamilias doesn't exist, I identify first with his side of the family, not my mother's.

Nope, I thought you were part nigger. One of your parents was an immigrant? Both of mine are and I don't identify with their birth countries one bit.

because you live in america and most people assimilate their

"melting pot vs mosaic" is what they always say in canada

there*

Yes.

That's because the US has a strong sense of civic nationalism due to your constitution. Canada never achieved this. The primary source of identity in Anglo-Canada used to be a sense of Britishness, of belonging to the Empire. When that evaporated what was left was a lot of people like me who identify primarily with their ethnic group and their religion, rather than with Canadianness.

Interesting. I assumed Canada would be a near clone of the US culturally.