How come Justice - Cross isnt considered a classic or a top tier album by Sup Forums

How come Justice - Cross isnt considered a classic or a top tier album by Sup Forums

its such a great album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sZTtfQ7iL_A&list=RDsZTtfQ7iL_A#t=25
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it is though

this, it's frequently mentioned Sup Forumscore you fucking summerfag

It has aged really bad in my opinion.

this desu

this. but it gets some hate cause it's loved by entry-level fans

Not really. I've heard drum and bass albums that have aged well, but dubstep albums aged FAST. Feed me's album feels stuck in 2013, and nero's welcome reality also has been re-released 3 times already

I'd argue agaisn't. Some songs are sure trash looking back now, like Tttheee Parttyy or however its written, but the overall concept is still solid. Genesis is still as grand as always.

On the other hand..."Woman" will sure age horribly.

I remember Flying Lotus kind of disparaging Justice (or their live shows), and it makes sense.

Anyway, it's a dance album, as far as dance albums, it's good, but Sup Forums usually doesn't reward dance music that's primarily meant to be danced to. Aphex and the like get props, but that's different from this. There aren't great artistic aims or emotional sentimentality, just dance.

>aged really bad
kys

Women itself was forgettable

Are you new OP? It's tier 2 Sup Forumscore.
A lot of albums are Sup Forumscore but aren't talked about because

a) Many of us have been here for years and you can only talk about the same album so many times
b) There are a LOT of albums no naturally most aren't talked about

I think you're the newfag if you can't distinguish between Sup Forumscore and entry level Sup Forumstant

Did you read my post? I said tier 2 Sup Forumscore.

There's tier 1 which is like 7 albums, then there's everything else. Here's the original chart.

I've been here for 10 years. I was here when Cross came out. It's been talked about a LOT.

>Sup Forumscore and entry level Sup Forumstant

not him but the only reason to distinguish between the two is to shit on somebody for liking entry level stuff and pointing out that you're most likely underage/new if you think it's worth discussing, like no shit gorillaz/pink floyd/whateverthefuckpopularshitevennormieslike tier

Both are really just stuff you should be familiar with.

desu i kind of agree with him about not being *strictly* Sup Forumscore. imo that title is saved for memeable and universally liked

I guess is comes down to semantics. Is Sup Forumscore only the top7 albums in Sup Forums's history, or it is the entirety of Sup Forums canon? I use Sup Forumscore to describe both, and differentiate the first as tier 1 and the second as tier 2, because there are obviously more than 7 "Sup Forumscore" albums.

>I guess is comes down to semantics

TRU

eh I'd throw everything as popular as death grips or burial etc in there too, basically just anything that's obviously good and frequently discussed here.... maybe like a quarter of those pitchfork albums

I agree a Death Grips album could be added to tier 1 to make it 8. Probably the Money Store. I fucking hate Death Grips but I can't deny their influence here.

It used to be posted all the time around 2010

Aphex can definitely be danced to though. I just saw him in Barcelona and he oscillated between breakbeat and acid techno

he played bodmin 3
youtube.com/watch?v=sZTtfQ7iL_A&list=RDsZTtfQ7iL_A#t=25

>Tttheee Parttyy

Anyone else actually like this song?

I do

I love it.

Stress

Best song imo. Or phantom part 2

i always picture a white blonde chick in a tight black dress getting wasted on the weekend with her friends, i love it