How would today's best QB's fare in the NFL of 30 years ago?

How would today's best QB's fare in the NFL of 30 years ago?

As good the rest of the team was 30 years ago?

Recent athletic improvements would favour pretty much EVERY other position.

John Elway went to the superbowl throwing 19tds and 13 Ints, so im pretty sure Brady would have dominated

What about the rules, though? Defenders were able to pretty much rape receivers and there wasn't as much emphasis on player safety.

>tom "i have a rule protecting qbs named after me" brady
>surviving more than 3 games against 1980's defenses
kek

I don't know because I haven't been watching for a long time but GOAT's like Unitas and stuff probably didn't throw for as many yards due to it being a less pass happy game and the emphasis on safety was most likely non-existant back then letting big guys absolutely annihilate QB's when the got a hold of them.

peyton made all the bullshit rules after his colts were destroyed by the patriots in the 2005 afc championship dummy

Cam Newton and black QB's in general would dominate, that's for sure

BUT, players weren't as athletic and fast as they are now... or so the media would have you believe.

Cunningham was basically Cam Newton 1.0.

The game is more science now than it ever has been before, which of course is a natural progression.

This sport has grown to be more of a chess match than any other professional sport out there, and a team with knowledge of the sport nowadays could absolutely dominate a primitive instinct team from the past, on any set of agreed upon rules, simply based on the new understanding of the sport we have today, versus back then.

They would hand the ball off more.

They would probably dominate, defenses weren't designed to stop 30+ passing attempts, and the DBs would be exposed.

DBs could also be a lot more physical back then. PI wasn't anywhere near as common as it is today.

Definitely, the problem is they were also slower and only had to cover simple passing routes in obvious passing downs. The quick short accurate passes of modern QBs would tear them up.

That's why the West Coast offense was so novel back then.

Yeah but I'm a nobody and could run a 4.6 40 5 years ago. I remember when I was a young kid that was considered fast for a running back. Now Joe Thomas can run that.

I suspect Aaron Rodgers would be just fine in any era.

4.6 is plenty fast in high school m8. If you are running the 100 meters under 12 seconds you be just fine as a running back in 90% of high schools.

Cam gets concussed every other play in the current league with rules protecting qb's. Imagine the punishment he'd take if those rules weren't there.

>After his Colts were destroyed by the Patriots in the 2005 AFC Championship Game
What did he mean by this?

Whoops

>All these bandwagoning children unironically thinking sissy Brady would survive smash mouth football where he isn't coddled like the flaming faggot he is
HAHAHAHA

This.

Not just Brady, any decent modern QB would thrive against slow DBs who have never seen modern passing schemes

I'm sure Big Ben would be alright. However, as stated earlier in the thread, modern QBs would expose the shit out of DBs and Linebackers with their quick passing routes and newer schemes. Tom Brady with a decent line would score 50+ Tds a year with less than 8 Ints.

Being a homosexual was illegal back then so probably not.

They'd all be shit. Gooddell has made the league so pussified now you can't even touch a qb. Back then qbs were getting fucking mauled

way worse

Nah it was perfectly fine and acceptable as long as you wore a cowboy hat

im watching a girl on cam and her tits dont match

link?

Brady had 3 rings before the league became passers-by friendly

There are high school lineman that are faster than NFL lineman were in the 80s. It's even worse if you go back to the 60s. The lineman back then were literally 250 lbs

russell wilson would still be elite desu

>muh smash mouth football
>muh men were men

lmao kys faggot

>all these arguments that modern routes and schemes would destroy teams
>none of them factor in that a receiver has to execute them
Comparing eras in any sport is so retarded and frivolous.

Lol who's going to concuss him? The guy's around the same size as Lawrence Taylor.

>the Red Baron would get his shit pushed in by a heat-seeking missle
>other chariots are shit compared to honda VTEC
>my 8 core processor would shit all over an abacus
>I could destroy a Roman legion with an A-10 Warthog while jerking off

A big hill billy like Phillip Rivers would do fine, he plays through injuries and his legs are shot

Quick passes over the middle are a lot harder when illegal contact isn't so strictly enforced and guys like Ronnie Lott and Andre Waters are allowed to obliterate the receiver as the ball arrives.

*Cuck Newton is Cunningham 2.0