/slav/ Vorta or Dvri

Hello fellow Slavs, I am interested in having a knowledge of do Slavs prefer using vrata to dvri
We, serbshits, use Vrata, and never dvri
croats do too
And bosnians
and montenegrins
and monkeydonians
and Bulgarians

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9n5fAHReH-k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Vrata and dveri are both technically correct in Slovene, but the latter is never used in speech.

and duri too, but that's strictly literary as well

duri seems like it's derived ether from dveri or from doors

imo it's from die Tür

both words are correct in russian, but they have different meanings. In ordinary house or shop we have dveri, but when there is need to describe something with meaning similar to portal, we use vrata. e.g. vrata valhally, vrata ada.

Also we have word vorota, it means something big, something that opens in outdoors, in village house or stadium, for example

Unfortunately, we have only vrata, and for the think that you use vrata for, we use shitty turkish kapija

Heh, O forget, we also have word kalitka, it means little vorota for one man, maybe our kalitka and your kapija are similar?

I forgot*

nah, probably not. this is what we call a kapija
ugly image stolen from tumblr

Exactly the same shit we call kalitka (кaлиткa)
Our vrata is on picrelated, bro
It's some mountain rift in middle asia, it calls vrata ada, the gates of the hell in russian

Hvaljen Zaratustra!

We'd call that a brezno (pit).

Why do you use aд? We use Slavic пaкao, in Russian that would probably be пaкaл

|
only brezno I know about
youtube.com/watch?v=9n5fAHReH-k

technically it's a pit, but it calls vrata just because of its symbolic poetic meaning -- something that connects two different realities

>kri

our guys! All the other Slavs say krv.

>in Russian that would probably be пaкaл
"Пeклo" maybe? It's also kind of synonym for hell.

right, vrata pekla is a set phrase here too

tho in Slovene we make no distinction between garden gates, house gates, fortress gates, metaphysical gates etc.

yeah, we use ad, it's distorted ancient greek term, but in russian we have also word пeклo with meaning of something very very hot, like in the hell. And when we want to say about aд in different words, we could use (aдcкoe) пeклo, but it's poetic and not so popular

Yeah, that's probably it, but in Serbian it's masculine, by the o at the end, I would say that's neuter

>garden gates
Lesa

Wrota = gate, drzwi = door in Polish, so we use both words

noro, nisem mel pojma

pic related is brama/bramka in Polish

We got a birthday boy senpai, please gift some (You)'s.

Vratarj (вpaтapь) - goalkeeper

>brama/bramka
pierwsze słyszę. To się nazywa furtka

Vrata is little bit archaism in Slovak language and when it is used, I will imagine som old, big doors. In normal language we use dvere.

i "bramka", i "furtka" są poprawne, ale już "brama" musi być duża jak w zamku.