Is synthpop the best and most fulfilling music genre...

is synthpop the best and most fulfilling music genre? are the rich synth textures and riffs blended with godlike melodies, beats and human voice the pinnacle of music?

>overrated outdated garbage and Grimes
>the best and most fulfilling music genre
Grimes is good, but that's not enough

>hating kraftwerk, new order and depeche mode -- the titans of synthpop
mr. pleb, get the hell out of here.

One of these is not like the others

>disliking Kraftwerk, New Order, and Depeche Mode
>liking Grimes
you are a very big pleb my man

>Grimes is good
At least try with the b8 summerfag

op here. liking grimes is perfectly fine. no need to disparage her. disliking kraftwerk, new order and depeche mode is inexcusable.

Grimes is good, but not really on her last two albums. You at least could've included a really good modern synthpop album like WMBtPCoO

>Grimes is good, but not really on her last two albums.
what the hell are you talking about? visions and art angels are masterpieces, like it or not. all great synthpop (like kw, dm, no) have solid beats, memorable melodies and great songs. grimes' latest 2 albums have that in spades.

You might be right OP.

>disliking kraftwerk, new order and depeche mode is inexcusable
Literally how?

>disliking pop is being pleb
Literally how?

btw i love WMBtPCoO. but i had to put visions instead because i like it more and because the chart needed an album with female vocals for more variety. i considered silent shout instead visions.

>great songs
but both Oblivion and Genesis are on that album

It's not pleb to dislike pop, it's pleb to dislike three pop artists and like one that's just as pop but with lower quality songs. I have no idea what's up with the first user though.

Where has anybody said this

>Literally how?
disliking quality dark synthpop is pleb. synthpop is not for everyone. that shit with synths you hear in charts is not real synthpop.

>falling for obvious bait

>b8
she's unironically better than the rest, a d if you think otherwise you're most likely an autistic tool

and?

cool to see you on the board James

see:

>now any idiotic opinion is claimed to be b8
is this the jokes board?

well the fact that those two songs exist means that the album doesn't have great songs all the way through, as opposed to WMBtPCoO

How is my opinion is idiotic? Just because it's different from yours?
You're just as autistic as the person you replied.

i've scrobbled john maus 1500 times and I can freely admit that those are good singles

I would freely admit that too, but unfortunately, I like to admit things I agree with.

No, if you are moved by simplistic solid state machine noises, it means you are autistic and/or have no soul.

see: Except none of those prehistoric synthpop artists are quality

>synthpop is not for everyone.
Except it literally is.

>well the fact that those two songs exist means that the album doesn't have great songs all the way through
do you actually imply that genesis and oblivion aren't good songs? that's the most contrarian opinion i've seen this whole month. good luck with that opinion.

I need a personal Jesus to live with your comment.

false. if you can find emotion even on simplistic solid state machine noises it means you're truly a human. if you can do this hard thing then finding emotion in expected situations should be a piece of cake.

Go ahead and point me to the place where I said that those songs are bad. In fact, I kinda like those songs. Unfortunately, Oblivion and Genesis are two massive earsores in the album that lower my overall enjoyment of the album

>synthpop is literally for everyone
>people exist that don't like it
really makes me think...

>implying there's anything wrong with having a contrarian opinion

I don't see that verbiage in either of those posts
>Except none of those prehistoric synthpop artists are quality
Can you explain this without just saying they're bad because they're old?

>Except none of those prehistoric synthpop artists are quality
because you say so? you seem like an idiot who judge artists based on oldness. like old artists can't be good anymore. or a sneaky troll. pick one.

>Unfortunately, Oblivion and Genesis are two massive earsores in the album that lower my overall enjoyment of the album
holy fuck, you must be the only one who dislikes oblivion and genesis and like the rest. how is that even possible? is this a joke?

>Can you explain this without just saying they're bad because they're old?
They sound like shit. People praise them because they're influential, but they're being influential is another reason to dislike them. You don't wonder why the synthpop genre is mostly so insipid when those are people who influenced it.
I like early Kraftwerk, it would be better if they never sold out.

>your opinion must be a joke because it's uncommon
you are the cancer that's plaguing Sup Forums

stop the big bold buzzwords. this is how your mother taught you, to call people "cancer" on user boards and post tired reaction pics?

>tired reaction pics
t. got BTFO more than once with the condescending Thommy

stupid opinion. all those old synthpop artists still sound great. their songs are undeniably great.

>I like early Kraftwerk, it would be better if they never sold out.
you just like krautrock and dislike synthpop. big deal if you're allergic to the good melodies of synthpop.

Best genre is drone
digits confirm

>stupid opinion
>undeniably great
>implying krautrock can't have good melodies
d r o p p e d

>Except it literally is.
it's not. synthpop is not for everyone. that -pop is misleading. the real synthpop has cold synthetic heavy beats, almost emotionless/understated vocals and dark themes. that's in clear contrast with mainstream pop which value strong vocals over light instrumentals. i doubt your mother or father are wild over songs like the robots or 586.

>indirectly admitting to be allergic to the good melodies of synthpop
good. now leave. you're ruining the vibe of this thread.

>all those old synthpop artists still sound great
They most obviously don't, and probably never had.

>you just like krautrock and dislike synthpop
I don't dislike it completely, it's just obvious that this genre is mostly shit.

>big deal if you're allergic to the good melodies of synthpop.
I'm allergic to shit production and terrible vocals of synthpop.

>implying I'm that user and that I dislike synthpop
Lots of assumptions there, user. Unfortunately, they're all wrong.

if you dislike synthpop, why the hell are you posting itt? post in the krautrock threads or something. this thread is obviously not suited to your taste. please leave.

you said before
>d r o p p e d
why do you keep replying to me? mind your business and stop confusing discussions.

>if you don't like a thing you're not allowed to discuss it

Not that user btw. Are you legitimately retarded? This is not "discuss the praises of synthpop": the thread, this is "is synthpop the best genre?": the thread. Thus, that user is answering (And giving his justifications for) why synthpop is not the best genre in his opinion.

>you said before
so?
>why are you replying to me?
because you're wrong regardless of who you're talking to

>making stupid assumptions based on nothing but thin air

you are allowed but enough is enough. you already said you dislike this genre, now leave. unless you want to troll the synthpop fans. that's against the rules. also you're killing the vibe of the thread with your dreary contrarian posts (to claim that synthpop is shit in a synthpop thread is fucking rich).

Well, you seemed pretty mad at the usage of that Thom meme, so it made sense that you had some negative memories associated with it. It's ok user, you can share your problems with us here.

you already said that you like the genre, does that mean that you should leave?

i've seen that image far too many times, but not related to me. you should stop posting worn out memes. refresh your meme database.

>posting a different point of view is trolling
why are you so insecure?

weak comeback. i said i like the genre and i want to talk more about this genre. you want to ruin the discussion itt. not cool, user. go and find something more suitable to your elitist taste if synthpop is too low for you.

>unless
Not him but why are you so illiterate?

Calm down, man. Do you need to take a breather or something? You seem worked up a bit.

He said he disliked the genre and wants to talk more about it. you do know that this thread is for discussing synthpop, not praising it, right?

If you want an echo chamber where everyone that disagrees with you is a nadir to discussion and can be tuned out of your circle jerk, there's another website that's probably a better fit for you than this one

it's not a a different point of view, it's a complete disregard of the topic (saying that synthpop is shit in a synthpop thread). when are you going to learn to stay on topic?

All of these sound dated by today's standards

meant for

but he hates the genre. what could i discuss with such a contrarian except insults?

>if he dislikes a thing I like he's a contrarian

people are at their most insecure when they're pretending not to be, see the efforts being kindly provided by our friends here

Actually, by calling it shit, he's staying right on topic, that being the topic of synthpop.

Maybe talk about why you like the genre and try to have a legitimate discussion instead of acting like a child and telling him to leave the thread. Also
>implying being a contrarian is a bad thing

You so unbelievably don't know what "contrarian" means
>what could i discuss
The merits of the genre this thread is about? I don't mean to sound snarky but you sound so solipsistic I'm sure that's how I'll sound when I say this but, Reddit might be a better music discussion platform than Sup Forums

the thing i like is the topic of the thread. so?

*better music discussion platform than Sup Forums for you and your aversion to different opinions

op here. shame that this thread turned into shit so quickly. i regret making this thread. instead discussing synthpop there are idiots that hate this genre trying to bring down this thread. fuck this contrarian board. you're good for nothing except shitposting and memes.

>Actually, by calling it shit, he's staying right on topic, that being the topic of synthpop.
lame bait. aren't you tired to suck so much?

>You so unbelievably don't know what "contrarian" means

>the thread is about synthpop
>idiot appears: synthpop is shit

now: is that idiot contrarian or now? or a mere shitposter?

What's some good modern synthpop that isn't a meme like Grimes?

>ignoring all of the retards squealing like babies and ruining anyone's appreciation of the genre for fear of looking like them
>implying that having a contrarian opinion is bad
Hilariously, the only people that are still trying to have a discussion are the ones responding to the people crying at them to leave. And I say all of this as a synthpop fan.

>lame bait
calling synthpop shit = talking shit about synthpop = talking about synthpop = the point of this thread

Are you taking English night classes or something?
Saying "synthpop is shit" in a thread about synthpop is on topic and only rustles you because you disagree.
Make sense now?

i know plenty of good synthpop but i'm not going to tell you because of your meme opinion ("isn't a meme like Grimes"). assholes like you deserve nothing.

im sorry you're this motivated to spout cheap bullshit in a very generic and dadaistic fashion, hopefully i can feel included in your pointless charade too

John Maus is really the only popular one I like, unfortunately. If you were trying to get into the genre, I would recommend going the route of listening to the classics

if a contrarian opinion about the topic is an opinion that is opposite to the topic, then he doesn't have a contrarian opinion since the term "Synthpop is shit" is not the opposite of "let's talk about synthpop"

>Saying "synthpop is shit" in a thread about synthpop is on topic and only rustles you because you disagree.
that's a contrarian opinion, dip. this is a synthpop appreciation thread, not shitposting general. keep your negative shit to yourself, don't kill my vibe. discuss synthpop or get the fuck out of here, buddy.

sellout

>"let's talk about synthpop"
this thread is not "let's talk about synthpop" but synthpop appreciation thread. read the op once again. the tone is clearly hyperbolic and asking for confirmation.

Why are synthpop fans so insecure they need to respond to every obvious troll/bait comment in order to justify their taste?

>synthpop appreciation thread
Point to me where it says that in the OP. Also, why do you keep telling people to discuss synthpop when you're the one attempting to shut down any discussion?

I just want to be far from Grimes as possible. The fanbase is unsufferable...

>And I say all of this as a synthpop fan.
where's your synthpop discussion itt? are you just pretending to be a fan while shitposting and policing people itt? shame on you. you should know better.

god tier
>computerwelt
>die mensch maschine

great tier
>technopop/electric cafe
>tour de france
>trans europa express

good tier
>autobahn
>radioaktivitat

not synthpop but still good tier
>ralf und florian

what her fanbase have to do with her great music? are you under 18?

see

and yet you keep abusing them and keep judging them for the results of what you yourself are doing

This is what happens when people don't understand that anybody is free to post dissenting opinions in threads because it "harshes the vibe." This is gonna be a long hard summer

Am I the only one who's noticed how bad it's been so far? Especially relating to Grimes threads. I can't be.

he never talked about a general vibe, he said there was only his own vibe

see

>when you're the one attempting to shut down any discussion?
any discussion or the stupid contrarian ones? i have no problem if you discuss synthpop itt. talk about bands, history, whatever. but don't come with shit like "synthpop sucks". that's trollish and unproductive.

e.g. discuss new order's album power corruption and lies. what does the song the silent face means to you? do you think it was a mistake to leave blue monday outside of pc&l? what does 586 means? is the riff of age of constent the best ever? talk about the iconic cover and how it influenced every open eye by chvrches' cover. discuss the influence of kraftwerk on this album. discuss peter hook's basslines.

no, his only speaking for himself here. you can't tell me how im feeling can you?

i like the album title

>stupid contrarian ones
you know that there's nothing wrong with a contrarian opinion, right? And if you look back in the thread, you will actually see people who don't like synthpop explain why they don't like it. You, on the other hand, have just been calling them stupid or contrarian the whole time.
But you said he "said there was only his own vibe", which is demonstrably false with the posts I showed you.