I'm currently in the process of trying to get an old 78' Honda CB400T to run, but i'm autistic. Can anyone help me?

I'm currently in the process of trying to get an old 78' Honda CB400T to run, but i'm autistic. Can anyone help me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0qWSgWfi5mo
rockymountainatvmc.com/
hondatwins.net/forums/63-fuel-supply-carburation/33978-1978-honda-cb400-carb-cables.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Electrics ok? If so, she'll run, as long as there's fuel ans the engine isn't seized!

bumping because i'm sad and want to get this started so i can crash and die

If its been sitting for a long time, you might have to dismantle the carbs as the fuel might have solidified around the floats.

youtube.com/watch?v=0qWSgWfi5mo

actually carbs have been rebuilt, i want to hook them back up, but i'm not sure where to hook the fuel line, or even where secure the carbs to the bike.

>put raw eggs in the fuel tank then run the engine for 10 mins this will seal any cracks in the engine or pipe works
Also don't add any oil until you work out if it's a 2 stroke, 4 stroke or 6 stroke don't use the wrong oil this will fuck your bike up

not where as in where i hook them up, i mean as in where to secure it so it doesnt fall

Did you try switching. It off and on again?

But seriously, there's probably fuel gumming up the engine. At best you could probably get it turn over with a little gas. At worst you will probably want to dismantle it and get it all clean. Last time a buddy of mine had this issue, it took a little muscle, some carb cleaner and running it all day to free up the seals, but it rides smooth now.

>need to hook up fuel tank and reattach carbs.

>2 stroke

Implying cb400s are made in 2 stroke.

The fuel lines go to the little doodleboppers on the bottom in that pic

check /auto/ user

if you don't know shit about motorcycles, trade it in on a Segway.

in order to run you must first set your foot as far as you can ahead of you.

then you must move your body center mass of gravity towards it, pulling your other feet.

then the other feet should do the same.

repeat from step 1 until you're running.

This.
The fuel inlet might be that brass pipe on the left side of the pic. Some bikes have individual ports for fuel some have a rail system in place. Use some feeler gauges to get your carbs bench synced and you'll need a vacuum gauge to get them properly synced.

I wish I could, bike is worth way less that a Segway

there is only 1 fuel line from the tank, which doodlebopper should i attach it too? What is that bronze doodlebop on top then?

no battery currently, it does have a kick start though, so it should be able to run without the battery from what i've read

I just want to make sure which lil'port i fill so i dont fuck anything up

Upon further inspection I'm 99% sure it is the brass pipe on the left side. That silver pipe that's below the throttle shaft on the front side is the crossover pipe for the fuel. It keeps fuel going into the bowl for second carb.

Isn't that the fuel bowl bleed thing

Oh shit here we go...

Fuel line into carb bowl, air filter on the back of the carb, carb bolted with seal to cylinder housing.

You'll need to set up your carb with the mixture screws.

Actually, fuck it, just go to a mechanic. Get off Sup Forums and go buy the Haynes manual.

Your bowl bleed is on the bottom of the bowls. Loosen the screw on the bottom to empty the bowls.

Also this. Make sure your carb boots are not cracked and are the proper ones. Turn your mixture screws in all the way then back them out 2 turns to get them in the neighborhood of where they need to be. Do you have the oem airbox? If not you will have to get some pod filters and might need to reject the carbs to accommodate the extra air flow.

Rejet not reject stupid phone

LOL i'm broke and I have nothing to do, I also want to learn more about the bike i'm going to invest time into.
>also my airbox is missing parts, which is why i'm not bothering with it right now,

carb boots are ok, just posted a picture of the airbox and it seems like it's missing most parts to it, heard pod filters are hell to adjust to the carbs, but pods look GREAT

Ya I'd say for your case get some pods. They can be hell getting the right stage rejet kit for your size filters. But you can buy a box of different sized jets and experiment.

I would also say check your voltage once you get it running. Just had to change my rectifier/regulator because it was putting out 17 volts and blowing light bulbs.

Hello user, good luck with your project. I have also invested time and $$ in my oldie GSX-R 750 W
If I may be of further assistance, I am lurking.

clean the jets, new spark p, fresh fuel, starter fluid. idk try those first.. DONT FUCK IT UP OP HAHAHAHAHA

Update v2

HONESTLY im not at allllllllll confident in op pulling this off haha get a real hobby

pussy hahaah you Suck

Wtf are these. Sound like generic bot shit. Or teens

That looks like a Yamaha pipe. I had a '77 CB550. Loved that little fucker. Dropped it half a dozen times since I was such a fucken squid at 19.

Ahh, memories.

you dont even know how an engine works just give up youll never get it back together

ACTUALLY THANKS A LOT SHIT MADE MUCH SIMPLER, I could actually try and hook it up right now

it's ok, i'm not that confident either, but it's worth trying

The conooters on the bottom will be for vacuum lines.
Those carbs are probably top draw, so the airbox dumps air into the top. So I disagree with but it's hard to tell from your pics

i will try to take a few more, brb

Youtube it, every repair I have ever made I learned from youtube.

Not sure what this user is talking about but is right. Those top slits go to the vacuum diaphragm on top.

Another way to tell is your intake is always bigger than your engine side.

>> www.caferacer.net/forum/project-builds/33721-78-honda-cb400t-help-needed.html\

I have more pictures posted here, not sure if you need an account to reply on the forum, but I'm actually getting more help on Sup Forums than an actual forum made for this shit.

they do look like vacuum lines but it's a little illogical to have vacuum lines below the flotor / connected to the fuel bowl. Usually the vacuum line is placed on
the flange intake(the black rubber that connects the engine with the carbs) from the admission between the carb and the engine. At least this is the system I have on my GSX-R (pic related).

That's probably why /o/ has threads pretending to be a forum and mocking them.

You were right on your pic. Everything you pointed out is correct.

Hooked it up and fuel line fit perfectly, going to take the tank off again to hook up other shit

> (You)
>it's ok, i'm not that confident either, but it's worth trying
no its not, youre gonna be making like 5 trips to the hardware store and spending money you dont have and making a mess you have to clean up and a torn apart bike when you could have just watched tv or hung out with some bitches.. like, youre asking for advice on B nigga u dont know shit go away and do something else.

whatever dude naw ya ur right YOU can do it..

FUCk im so mad today life sucks

it actually is, i've gotten good advice from Sup Forums in the past
>tv is actually brain numbing
>i don't need some bitches, i have a girlfriend and that's enough for me
>not everyone on Sup Forums is an edgy shit poster

>>Faggot
shut up, I started from pic related.

user, anything else I can help with?

SAME WOW life is terrible HAHA

>SAME WOW life is terrible HAHA
it fucking sucks dude.

what kind of motor?

I'm left with this, just gotta pick what goes where

Sweet. Speaking of the tank make sure it's clean inside and you have a fuel filter on your line. I've had carbs leak because some trash got in the bowl and stuck the float.

figure it out idiot

what's wrong with your life friend.

i'm trying dad, calm down

Twist your throttle and see which one moves. Vice versa for the other one. Hook them up to the throttle shaft.

>i'm trying dad, calm down
lmao you sound like my underage gf aha

xD moron how dumb do you think op actually is xDDD
tWiSt The ThRottLe hurr

I'm not sure how much he knows so I'm taking baby steps.

xDXDxd

dont strip a screw, op, day over.. no pressure

xd

Hehe I found it

uwu

anybody wana buy a 1994 suzuki gsx600?

reassemble the bike, sit on it and make motor sounds with your mouth. autistic bike repair!

I'm trying, but I'm stuck at the motor sounds part

then build a motor to do it for you
easy x)

GSX-R 750W 1994 on a GSX-R 750W frame

This is a little hard to tell. Basically when you do the "revving" move on the handle one of them gets shorter.
The cable that gets shorter should be on the bottom (so when you accelerate it twists the whole mechanism upwards)
The cable that gets longer when you accelerate should will get shorter when you decelerate ( simply lowering the mixture of gas and air in the engine chamber )

gay
dont crash

vroom vroom
*tries burnout and crashes x)

op whats going on, i need that bike ready in an hour!

GSX-R 750W 1994 on a GSX-R 1992 750W frame.
Forgot to mention the 1992 frame part. Sorry

Only one minor accident where I layed the bike down due to a driver that did not give priority

No burnouts, not good at them and won't even try. The pussyslayerXXX era has ended for me, not trying to impress, just enjoying a good ride

Sorry guys, my autism was flaring up

>just enjoying a good ride
same

you can always go to rockymountainatvmc.com/ if youre not sure how something goes together they have schematics and you can buy parts and shit

Pretty much the picture attached,
I recommend mounting the acceleration/ deceleration cables before mounting the carbs.
Sorry, forgot this tip. Did this mistake so many times and my 4 carbs are a pain in the ass to mount.

In any case, if you want skype advice, just let me know. If not, I'll just reply here

>my 4 carbs are a pain in the ass to mount.
omg tell me about it

There is also a slot on the backside that opens and closes the carb vents, not sure if it attaches to anything Haha xD also skype would be chill probably easier to communicate with. I hooked up the throttle I think, it moves with I accelerate it.

Update: I think it's the choke.

roradler

a slot or a black plastic valve? if it's the valve, it's the idle setting.
If not, can you please give me a more detailed picture marking the slot? not just the slot but a zoomed out picture just with the mentioned portion marked

In any case, I've given you in a previous post my skype. Just posting so the thread won't die. I'm curious of the result.

I'll add you in a bit

I wanna see it running after all the help I've given you dammit.

Lol me too, I've wanted a bike since I was a wee lad, so this is my chance
>carbs in place wtf do I do with this fucking tube coming out of the engine

In any case, I've found this also hondatwins.net/forums/63-fuel-supply-carburation/33978-1978-honda-cb400-carb-cables.html
Not sure if it's the choke as it can be different from carb to carb.

Regarding , I'm not sure also if that should be connected to a scrubber / purifier ( not sure what the translation from romanian to english is for "epurator"?) Pic somesort related.
To describe it better, it's a plastic container with a 'sponge' inside(for filtering dust/residue purposes) that lets the camshaft/top part of the engine breathe

That's a vent that goes to your air box. Not sure where it will go if you use pods. It can vent to atmosphere for now but you will get a real fine oil mist coming out of it.

If you suck it really hard it will allow the engine to start.

can i VAPE, the oil mix? :'^)

I'll check it out

You could but it will probably give you cancer lol. Same kinda vent like you would see on a muscle car that has a little filter where the cap for the oil would be on the valve cover.

Motorcycles are very dangerous.Non-ABS motorcycles are even more dangerous. Statistically, non-ABS bikes riders are 37% more likely to get killed on a motorcycle than ABS bikes rider.

Moral is: if you ride a motorcycle than scrap your old non-ABS shit, and replace it with something with ABS. Some day it will save your life, health, and wallet.

Or learn proper emergency braking

I dont think autism can be helped, sorry op!

Here's my kik OP if you need more help

Suuure. Show me your proper emergency braking in wet conditions when oncoming car suddenly makes a left turn across your path. Which is a very common thing by the way.

Statistically, you can go fuck yourself with your piecharts. We're here to do the mechanic part, not to complain like a cuck that non-ABS bikes are not safe.

We try to learn what our non-ABS shits do, the signs of bad functioning, etc.
I presume that when your bike has a burned lightbulb you call your mechanic to come pick up your bike on a platform, do a full consumable switch and fuck your wife at the same time, cuck.

>>scrap your sexual orientation, isn't a trap thread going on where you're needed?