Explain why you believe in astrology

Explain why you believe in astrology.

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/4667-astrological-sign.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know there are intelligent and logical people out there who do so justify yourself.

Explain why you don't first. Astrology has been around for thousands of years and just because it's hip to ignore it now doesn't invalidate it.

To suggest the stars have no impact on your life is fucking retarded no scientist would ever say this. I'm not saying all astrology is true but elements of it are grounded in physics

Of course the stars positions impact your life but that doesn't mean your entire personality is defined by it.

Some aspects sure but we definitely have individual souls

S-O-L-I-P-S-I-S-M

Just because you can't open your mind for a second from known science (which i doubt you even know very well) shows your lack of imagination

I'm not ignoring it. I'm asking people why they believe in it. I want to be enlightened like you oh wise and unhip one.

I don't though.
Because there's no good reason to believe it's true?
The stars obviously have an impact, but the idea that particular star alignments are meaningful is pretty much bullshit.
>we definitely have individual souls
[citation needed]

All I'm doing is asking you a legitimate question. I don't believe there's any malice insinuated in it either so why don't you just answer me instead of taking offense and bellittling me.

Translation: believe pseudoscience bullshit, because to not do so is close-minded and intolerant.

Macdougal et al 1904, NYT

I'm literally doing a PhD in physics no need to lecture me about science

>bringing up an old, bad experiment whose results cannot be reproduced
wew lad

Well fuck then lecture me. I really want to know.

Doing a PhD in physics in no way makes pseudoscientifc claims that you may make scientific.

>Be troglofag
>See bright dots on sky
>"Must be gods"
>Their power is proven, today I didn't lost my berries
>Thank you bright dots

The doctor that delivered you exerted more gravity on you than the stars and planets...

Because I am the fucking Sagittarius master race

i don't but only because i have no idea how it could work

bruh

My berries would be the best

Is that taking into account the fact that the stars have shifted since they came up with those labels?

cancer here
I like how I can both kill you and be a crab

crabs are delicious

25 comments and still no answers. Dunno what I expected.

That is in itself an answer.

faggot

because the lord expresses himself to us thru the stars

I thought he "expressed" himself into a Jewish woman a couple thousand years ago?

I don't. But I have found it an amusing diversion on rare occasion.

I refer to Lord Lucifer

God
Lucifer
same thing, brah.

>correlation is not causation
>lets say event A causes both to event B and C

>Now people will start associating event B with >event C and assume that B causes C
>and develop rules of thumbs around B and C

Christfags disagree, but fukem.

what happened to event A ?

>same way, the seasons and enviornment on >earth affect the development of the child in the >very early stages
>so the time of birth or rather the season of >birth shapes the child

Because I was born on the same day and cusp of power as Hitler so I feel like we share zodiac traits that's why I'm able to control everything so well,it gotta be the stars

>now for our ancestors, they noticed a pattern with
>human behaviour and the season they were born in
>now seasons have specific night skies associated with them due to earths repetative pattern around the sun
>ancestors associated human behaviour with the star positions and hence astrology came into being
>

>event A is the external enviornment during our formative birth year. it shapes our parents behaviour, etc etc
>event B is your personality and event C is the star positions. now A leads to B but B is correlated to C. This is astrology's origin

>For example Op, you were born in summer, so your mom got fucked a lot. thats why you are a fuck boi and are attention whoring on Sup Forums

Horses have been around for millions of years but you don't see me trying to worship and suck their dicks cause of it, fucking pitiful excuse for astrology....

Do you believe everything happens for a reason?

Universal wavefunction and the boundary conditions of the universe.

>ha typical meaningless liberal new age mumbo jumbo

So you think that everything follows a strict set of rules and patterns

So yes?

We observe that physics works.

If by reason you mean that everything is the product of mathematical function then that's a fact.

Do you believe physics embody reason or chaos?

Because i'm aware of the zionist deception and how we've been conditioned by fear into worshipping false gods. Everything has strategically been turned upside down and inside out to tear us away from the magic that is real. We once used "magic" in a time where it was factually accepted and thus not considered magic. The moon, sun, and other celestial bodies can be quantified with mathematics. If we focused on and worshipped astrology based mathematics we would discover divine truths about ourselves via recognizing "strength in numbers" at face value. Each number literally has its own meaning and use. Math has been distorted by a specific group to trick us into unwittingly giving strength to those who control us for their means.

I attempt to abide by the celestial math that governs the space and time I live within. When I believe, my path is clearer than it is when I do not.

Religion has been turned upside down by our earthly keepers to give us faith in the shackles that bind us here. There is a reason the oldest structures usually align with specific celestial bodies, and their construction was not out of ignorance as its easier to believe. Pagan religions were truer religions and that is why (((they))) distorted it to fulfill their prophecy.

More specifically I find it tempting to believe that our entire reality is a simulation which we are incapable of comprehending from the human perspective. See Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

I don't believe physics "embodies" anything. It just is.

Billionaires use it.

Chaos and reason are both human constructs reality just is.

Fucker beat me to it.

This guy gets it

Those who live for their own vanity often do.

we should be friends please. You seem to have knowledge I am seeking

I'm actually psychic :)

You sound like a Pythagorean. There should be more people like you.

What if you became unshackled from the cave?

Believe in? It's a field of study you retard, just like Maths and English. Though you probably don't "believe" in either lmao

>just like maths and english
More like mythology and religion

Fair enough. Explain how the stars mathematically influence personality and behavior.

Elaborate?

Lol the constellations changed slightly since astrologys inception so you aren't actually the sign the modern interpretation claims.

livescience.com/4667-astrological-sign.html

is Ophiuchus a legit sign? I'm born March 10th; am I a Pisces or Aquarius?

That is actually a very simple but accurate reason to believe, just don't worship the currency, worship ourselves for we see and transfer current naturally. That is our purpose and abusing this purpose consumes us the more we ask why it is, and less when accept how it is. Just do as you feel and stop feeling shame for feeding your desires. When you ask why you should give in, you are abusing the freedom given to you.

lolwut

In Plato's writing a man is unshackled from the cave. He finds out that everything he saw was your "simulation" and when he communicates that to the rest of the people in the cave they silence him for threatening their understanding.

We live in that cave. There are paths to loosening the shackles of false understanding. You must be open-minded so that you can relearn certain truths.

Take my advice. Study astrology. Not online, but in real life. Study the people you know. Ask them their signs. Figure out a persons natural disposition. Remember nurture and nature both play into a persons development and that's where a majority of the differences will lie.

Until you believe it's real you can't use it. You can't see it.

You know when people say that corny line of "don't be so open minded your brain falls out" well yeah, that.

The signs are broken up by 30 degrees in the sky evenly there is no such thing as a thirteens sign. Kind of. Study hermetisism. Hermes tristmagestus.

I frequent /x/ and /fringe/ and have browsed/read through a bunch of different stuff, including some hermetics (Kybalion, etc). Astrology is just something I have not looked into much though, but lately I feel like it's been calling to me to understand it.

Why is it broken up in this way? Where can I get more precise information on the science of astrology and how does it relate to hermetics?

Clearly you do too, maybe more than I do.

Have faith in yourself and we will become friends in the truest sense of the word. Stop feeling ashamed and fearful, and we will naturally meet.

And more people like you as well. Don't sell yourself short.

I have for a couple years now and I'd be lying if I said I haven't seen uncanny congruities between individuals and their signs. I also have to take into account the psychological aspect of one seeing what one is looking for. That's why I started this thread. Not to antagonize anybody as some commentators seemed to think.

Listen to me when I say hear these words.

The "commentators" you speak of are too afraid to think. This is why you started this discussion is it not?

Hermetisism is not something you can study easily. It is eary and as you reach towards understanding it you will come to find it is alive. It pulls itself away from you when you are not ready and you will feel drawn to it as the times are right. You are walking a path into new understanding of self.

Astology is a "forbiden" science of the heavens and understanding it will help you know thyself. You have to traverse the ground you fear to tread to grow.

Most people here have no desire to change themselves or admit they could be wrong. Hermetisism or alchemy would not speak to them because they assume their knowledge is ritchious and that their soul is already golden.

A student of hermetism, trusting in his new knowledge of self, will find the answers he seeks come to him when he is ready, if he is willing, and if he is observant.

Any recommended books/sources for me?

It's one of the core arts to understanding your envirnment. As above so below. As the universe so the soul. You must first trust in your imagination. You must first understand you are God. Then once you remember who you are, you will see what you are creating. Once you understand the difference between creating and watching, you can blur the lines. Magic.

Have you tried the Library of Alexandria? :P

This and checked. Astrology is horseshit. Many ancient human beliefs and institutions are. Really the only ones that survived are the ones that tell stupid people they're special snowflakes, like religion and astrology.

True but it is worth noting that "hermetism" is a label that loses meaning the more you understand it. What you speak of has many names but we should be willing to let go of worship in these names at one pount. The will to let go is the preparation of being found.

Have you read Hermes tristmagestus. Their are three books "he" wrote on the creation of the universe and our perception of it.

Those are a start.
But keep your eyes and your mind open and the truth will seek you out.

For astrology.
Just learn the signs in order and begin applying meaning to them. Study the people you know. No information in a book will be as accurate as the information you reap from personal studies.

Take it from me.
The virgo, Hermes himself. I carry this message to inform. Deaf ears are a sad waste of a temple so sweet.

What sign are you friends?

>I'm literally doing a PhD in physics no need to lecture me about science
Then your professors have done a pretty bad job.

the stars light the fucking sky up so we can at least see shit at night so of course they impact our lives
fucking retards

The symbols of the wise become the idols of the vulgur.

But I am simply a fool.
Masked an user
The final test lies just ahead.

I am a messenger. I'm not here to feel profound. Simply to allow others the opportunity to feel empowered.

You think a system that catagorises you into one of twelve things is designed to make you feel like a snowflake?

Religion created the illusion of separation.

Astrology teaches the truth we are all one.

If astrology is bullshit, then why does alchemy(which relies on symbolical connections based on the nine planets and the twelve constellations) work?

Feminism is a field of study too, cuck.

Am pisces. Me mum is a virgo and I kind of hate her

OP here.
Sun Aries,
Rising Aries,
Moon Libra,
Mercury Aries,
Mars Leo,
Jupiter Sagittarius,
Pluto Sagittarius,
Node Scorpio,
Uranus Aquarius,
Neptune Capricorn,
Saturn Pisces,
Venus Pisces
What's the rest of y'all's?

Understandable. You are her opposite.

My big brother's virgo. Annoyed the piss out of me growing up. They're always fucking right aren't they?

>catagorises you into one of twelve things
That's what I thought it was until this thread. Then I see a bunch of faggots saying "you are god" and other such retarded new age speak. But if we're talking normal everyday astrology like we see in newspapers that's bullshit too. Arbitrarily contrived, out of date, and overly vague so as to apply to anyone.

>Astrology teaches the truth we are all one
Like this new age crap. Just be a pantheist, astrology is for retards.

I'm dating a girl who is born my opposite to the day.

Virgo - Pisces
Monkey - Tiger

The disconnects are strong
But of you believe something is possible than why cant it happen?

>They're always fucking right aren't they?
lmao that's exactly it mate. One day a friend (who knows my mom) asked her sign. She seemed to connect some dots when I told her and she said "you can't tell a virgo shit". My mom is very stubborn and even childish really. Won't acknowledge me/when I try to guide her to smarter, more rational decisions.

No. But we feel like it