Honestly, these guys were a breath of fresh air and I miss the shit out of that indie scene

Honestly, these guys were a breath of fresh air and I miss the shit out of that indie scene.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>come out of a tiny record shop today

>some old fat fuck is wearing a Vampire Weekend shirt out of nowhere

>I personally have no emotional stake in the band, I've never heard anything they did, I just instinctively don't want this old fat guy to wear something with Vampire Weekend on it somehow

>Modern Vampires was 4 years ago
I have a fair share of problems with that album, but I still listen to it to this day, while music I supposedly liked from that year goes by the wayside, so I guess they were doing something right

i posted a thread a couple days ago about oxford comma being one of the best choruses of the decade

That song is so great, and reminds me of back in high school when it came out. I miss when Vampire Weekend and Arcade Fire were at the top of their game and doing well on the charts too. That's truly the last time rock felt important in the mainstream.

Favorite song? For me it's probably Blake's Got a New Face

giving up the gun maybe? dont lie is a strong contender

chiming in for hannah hunt, deserves every ounce of praise imo

Legitimately emotional the first time I heard that song

Diplomat's Son.

no they were not

Young Lion

underrated masterpiece

I love I Think Ur A Contra

I wish they'd do a full album like it but their too pop so I doubt it

unbelievers but its close

>I miss the shit out of that indie scene.
oh yeah bunch of snot nose rich white kids being assholes to everyone. don't miss that shit at all

>a punk came out in 2010 when i was a freshman in college
>came on the radio at work a week or so ago
>suddenly realize that was almost a decade ago and i've literally been stuck working in food service since then

it was honestly a depressing feel. For such an up-beat type of band it made me super depressed, so i just went on a binge listening to everything they had.

You know I used to actually be ok with top 40 but now I realize why I find it so hard to listen to the radio now, there is literally no rock. There isn't even surface variation.

Cousins for sure, it's so fun and exciting

>the only rock band in the top 40 is imagine dragons

>there is literally no rock.
youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM
400m views say you are wrong

bruh you're like 2 years too late

they play this song at my dorm everyday. its still popular.

4*

user that was 5 years ago

new QOTSA album soon though

i don't see what the years has to do with it?
majority of this boards classics are from decades ago. music is timeless.

music is timeless, top 40 isn't

a punk came out in 2008 you twit

>2008 was a decade ago

>indie scene

Yeah, one of the few indie bands at the time to be not pretentious and have the talent to create something beautiful instead of drown all their songs in reverb and shit

>implying your fav album isn't indie