Anyone still have their finger boxes?

Anyone still have their finger boxes?

What is it?

summerfag.

I still have mine from 2005. Past 2004 they started getting too gimmicky. I never liked the index collection. I never understood the hype. They were poor quality with no structure. I only bought one but thats really when I stopped caring about finger boxes. Although some of the newer stuff does look interesting.

I think i'm going to pass these down to my children soon.

That's some old school fingerbox, 96
Looks awesome

This meme died in like 2009 you fucking cucklord piece of shit

Wtf is fingerbox?

reported

Post your antiques.

I love it when summerfags google old shit and post it like it makes them look older.

My grandfather passed it down to my father, my father passed it down to me, and I will leave it to my oldest son.

School must be out.

This bait was tired 10 years ago. Fucking retard

You don't own that that's poorly photoshopped you faggot

I'll have to search for mine, it's an older one, forgot where i put it

I love it when newfags google old shit and desperately try to show off that they are in the know except its obvious they're newfags because they are no fun allowed faggots.

Stale pasta.

Get on the fidget spinner troll tip. No way that shit is real.

What a question...
Everyone have a fingerbox.

Are you serious?

I hate it when we start a nice fingerbox thread and faggots come here and say that fingerboxes arent real to troll newfags, get the idea faggots everyone can enjoy a fingerbox not just you, and no one would believe it when you claim they dont exist, stop your bullshit for once.

I agree. No good boxes after the world trade center went down. Actually I would argue that they were never really any good after the golden age of finger boxes (1890-1914)

>wooden fingerboxes

I had a really cool metal one my uncle gave me, much better version imo, why did these run out of fashion?

Sure I do. Including the old one I made in Wood Shop in 6th Grade.
It's shit but, you know, sentimental value.

>tfw "fingerboxes aren't real" is still a meme
>in 2017

what the fuck, people can literally get any fbox model on ebay or amazon nowadays.

If it's an older one, you know like from the Edwardian era it can be pretty valuable.
They sort of went out of fashion due to metal shortages during the world wars, if I recall correctly.
Don't quote me on it, though.

>2017
>not having digital fingerbox

I still got one from 1909
It still works great

None of these do the original justice. Miniaturization has really ruined the old designs.

when is a finger box?

wow, minecraft changed a lot I see

Is there any truth to the talk about fingerboxes with clockwork?
Early 1800's, apparently?

I have never seen even a picture of one.

You're right
During and after the war there were a lot of metal leftovers, so they decided to make the first 100% metal fboxes. They were of great quality, not as good as the golden age or the edwardian era tho.
Those are of perfect quality and there are not many left

I remember when fingerboxes weren't so easily googled when the meme started. Oldfag here. It was one of the best memes.

Metal fingerboxes were never really that popular to begin with, the wooden ones just have a much nicer feel to them

Hermann Göring had a custom made fingerbox from gold and amber.

Yeah and the extra weight probably added to that.

hmm, I don't know. seems iffy. I can't really see how you could have a functioning finger box that included clockwork as well.
They may have just been to promote a watchmaker or something. Would be worth a bit if you could find one.

>Newfag pretending to be an oldfag pretending fingerboxes are memes
Sure whatever

Doubt it, clockwork boxes seem a bit pointless to me. Wouldn't be surprised if at least a couple existed somewhere though, probably in a personal collection

True, they have aged very gracefully. The newer ones generally have so much cheap plastic China shit on them.

I remember my old 4-holed fingerbox, no idea where it is now though, but it sure was awesome.

I've heard that he and byron schulenburg both had custom golden fingerboxes but amber too? Thats just fascinating

Proper fingerboxes should be polished wood with a velvet interior. Anything less is just disrespectful.

Maybe it's just an urban legend.
I know some people on /x/ wanted to lik it to the Antikythera (sp?) mechanism, somehow.
But knowing /x/, they read weird shit into everything.

Hermann the German had a thing for outrageous bling.

Speaking of China, they did make a few gorgeous ones way back in the 7th century AD.

I think there's one in a museum in Shanghai.

Are fingerboxes illuminati

Trolled newfags.