What is race? Do the terms 'Hispanic' and 'Mexican' refer to race? What do these terms even mean...

What is race? Do the terms 'Hispanic' and 'Mexican' refer to race? What do these terms even mean? Have we been lied to about race?

Other urls found in this thread:

isogg.org/wiki/Haplogroup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

race doesn't exist

race does not exist unless you're white then you're a racist

ask your bone marrow

Race is analogous to dog breeds.

They all started out as wolves, then developed different traits over the course of a few thousand years.

Ethnicity is a subset of race.

Hispanic and Mexican are not races

every spic you meet will swear to God they are white, no matter how brown or how injun they look

>Do the terms 'Hispanic' and 'Mexican' refer to race?

No. The racial hierarchy of Mexicans is Spanish European elite at the top. Mestizo fruit-pickers in the middle and pure Indios at the bottom.

Mexican is a nationality.
Hispanic refers to people originating from the culture of the Iberian penninsula.

Neither are races.

"Mestizo" is a race, for example.

Race doesn't exist; neither on a biological level or on a genetic level. What people typically consider to be race is actually ancestry, and the physical traits that are perpetuated through isolated regions and groups are merely superficial changes and consistencies. Go to a Biologist and ask what race is and they will refer you to an Anthropologist; Go to an Evolutionary Geneticist and they will explain the vast majority of similarities between peoples that outweigh physical differences. Simply put, race does not exist. It is a Social Construct that serves to generalize surface traits derived from an outdated form of taxonomy. There are no subspecies, and "race" has never been "pure" since we all originated from the same lineage. Sorry to burst the bubble.

I see. What about whites and blacks? This is all just a matter of genetics then, not ethnicity?

Why don't Americans understand the difference between RACE and ETHNICITY?

There are 4 races only:

Caucasian
Negroid
Mongoloid
Australoid

Ethnicity are cultural, linguistic and genetic groupings within, and between races.

Hispanic is not a race. They are Native Indian (Mongoloid) mixed with Iberian (Caucusoid) and in some cases Negroid. Bound by the Spanish language and the combined Spanish/Indiginous/Negro culture they came from.

/thread

Mestizo is not a race. fuckwit.

It is an ethnic description of mixed Indians and Spanish with emphasis on the native side.

Blacks:

Capoids (South Africans)
Congoids (West Africans)
And overlapping into Caucasoid in cases of East African Ethipodids

Whites:

Pic related.

It's a race, fuck anyone that says differently.

If it weren't a race then how come I know what a Mexican looks like?

Nationality has no bearing on facial features and bone structure and Mexicans and everyone else have their own distinct differences one can tell and see this is a race not a nationality.

race is something more complicated than "white" and "black", those are terms that the average normalfag who knows nothing uses.

Stupid American it is an Ethnicity NOT a Race.

Ethnicity have defining physical characteristics too. It does not make them a race. Mixed populations are not a race of their own.

I heard that race was just how much melanin your body carries.

Mixed populations of all the same fucking shit is a race.

Inb4 the logic of because we are all mixed none of us have a race idiocy.

Race is about your physical characteristics.
Mexicans have different physical characteristics than niggers hence different race and so on.

Jesus fuck you are dumb.

There are only 4 races. Whichever one you physically fall into is your "Race". That is subdivided into Ethnicity.

ETHNICITY.

Learn the term you uneducated stupid fuck.

By your definition all fat stupid people living in America are a race.

Moron of the highest order.

>Fuck science and shit, I use words however I want hurpadurp

we aren't a race, we're mixed people. Unfortunately, most of the mexicans you americans have to deal with are mostly indians and many brainwashed mestizos that defend the: we wuz aztec n shiiettt (despite being fucking scum that no one on both sides of the border gives a fuck or want near them). You can find mexicans who do not look like the ones you look walking around in the streets: light-skinned, green-eyed people (hard to believe, but it is true). The ones moving to the US by hordes are the equivalent to your niggers

North Atlantid guy looks exactly like me. Same hair color, style, facial hair, eye color, everything. Apparently, my face is the generic face of that subtype.

Whatever dipshits.

This is the 21st century.
Ethnicity is synonymous with race now get over it and fuck off.

I guess there's no such thing as colours as well, since it's just a spectrum.

I don't know where he lives, but the Mexican ex-pats that I see around northern GA are quite varied. You see some of them with more obvious indo admixture, and some that look like a damn Spaniard.

Besides, it isn't very intellectually valid to classify the population of such a large and relatively diverse nation as Mexico in one group. I mean, people from Guatemala or El Salvador, sure.

But fuck, you could be talking about all sorts of types of people coming out of Mexico.

Doesn't exist, it's just a convenient way for us to group ethnic groups based on what they look like. In reality only ethnic groups have any genetic basis

Race refers to one of three specific haplo groups a person may belong to. Caucasoid, Negroid or Mongoloid.

Ethnicity refers to the differences that you see in culture, language and societies.

No its a misuse of the word. Inaccurate and just fucking dumb.

ie. an Americanism.

Wrong.

Ruskie bro got it right and you are misusing the word haplogroups.

Don;t be an American.

Thank you

user, was that hierarchy used in Cuba as ell? I was under the impression that the Insulares and Peninsulares were exclusively for the Philippine Islands.

Yes. What americans might be right when criticizing the ones they're used to see all the time is the mentality (you know, stupid shit like "muh stolen land" and "we wuz aztecs" ridiculous as fuck, mere excuses, i bet you can sit one of those morons and they know nothing about history and facts, just the old story: "white are bad and they conquered our land and we are victims(ironically, they practice the spaniards' religion and worship almighty jesus christ..........)

There's no such thing as race and if there are they probably aren't what you think they are meaning there is no uniform caucasoid, negroid or mongoloid race.
Latin Americans are mostly of European stock (Iberian with Italic in Argentina and a few alleged Germanic minorities scattered all over e.g. Paraguay, Chile, Brazil) with Amerindian admixture but there are people who may exclusively be of either descent.

>isogg.org/wiki/Haplogroup
>A haplogroup is a genetic population group of people who share a common ancestor on the patrilineal or matrilineal line. Haplogroups are assigned letters of the alphabet, and refinements consist of additional number and letter combinations.

Locally, I've not had any poor interactions with immigrants from south of the border. It seems as though I'm quite lucky in this. No Aztlan or La Raza cunts running around at all. All decent folk.

I'm never able to decide if people loudly complaining about Hispanic folks being absolute scum are exaggerating, taken in by sensationalist media, or are far less lucky than I am.

Seems that New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas residents have many complaints.

I'm quite familiar. There are more than 3 haplogroups mouth breather. There are haplotypes within a races and between them.

Also, Australoids aren't considered to be their own distinct race since they share a majority of common genetics with Negros. So instead of following the "Out of Africa" nonsense that even the author of that theory has retracted from, actually go with the science.

>I know a Jew when I see one
>it's four lines
>never change Sup Forums

there are people who aren't oblivious to the fact that the supposedly "stolen land" was lost in a war (just autists or downright ignorants think otherwise) and that when someone is in a country ,this obviously applies to all the legal hispanics (i hope), one's loyalty is to the US (i mean, it is fucking common sense for christ's sake).
I can't say to you "do not hate them" because among all of those who immigrate to the US are nigger-tier scum (really psycho son of bitches). Many aren't like that, BUT what it is true is that they, if not stopped soon, will change the country. It might sound cruel to those who say: "ooh poor people ", but things are like that, period: there are many people here in mexico who work their asses off and manage their money smartly, unlike many downright idiots that squander their money on stupid things and then have to run to US (i have seen and heard of morons like that).

Finally....so we are the reason....
There are four races
You can´t put us there because we are mixed but basically we are mongoloids who had a different evolution because we walked thousands of years THEN the strongest 4 slightly different mongoloids aztecs who destroyed many mongoloid tribes and assimiliated other, Incas who did the same, many selvatic people, weird races from Paraguay and Araucanos.
Ok? fine
You can find very primitive tribes with these mongoloids and if you want to mix with them thats your choice but some of them look like the toltecas others look like cantinflas (google him), others look like Russian mongoloids (similar bone factions ) and this were the shit goes tricky because we have mongoloid people evolving right nao and some of them doesn´t look like their parents and i always had that theory on my mind and a few weeks ago some scientist found that our (Latino primeval mongoloid) place of origin was in an eastern part of Russia or something like that
The rest of us are mixed and it seems that we are the reason of your liberalist confusion. If u think that we cant be evolving just look at the evolution canyon because we are animals with different races.

Then the European conquered this primitive cultures who also had exterminated other cultures, also had slaves, monarchy bla bla bla aaand you have the Mestizos, castizos, mulatos bla bla bla and we are weird because you mixed primitive with evolved people thus making us evolve rapidly and as i stated people are changing and many doesnt look like their fathers aah i forgot if u mix a Southamerican morisco with whites you can have white childs who look white, mixed, grey, red and also black childs who look like Halle Berry (but u already knew the last part)