Are RHCP proof that white people cannot into funk?

Are RHCP proof that white people cannot into funk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uDAmqZUECgg
youtu.be/ISyPER5dcBE
youtube.com/watch?v=BBsazIACpYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they are proof to the contrary

BSSM is a classic album

They had some good pop rock tunes but I never felt they were good as a straight funk band, there was always some intangible quality they were missing.

this

and this, you took his best album to make a meme out of them but failed miserably

I've always liked can't stop

Slow cheetah and hard to concentrate and snow are good too

It might not be all that good as pure funk (which it's not even trying to be), but that doesn't mean it's not a great album.

>white

this, its backed with great songs from front to back.

too bad you can fit all their great songs from the rest of their albums after it onto just one album

I was just listening to Wild & Peaceful, and I actually find Jungle Boogie my least favorite track.

>its a John has a few problems but hes trying his best episode

BSSM and OHM are the only Chilies albums where Flea has a decent tone because he didn't use meme basses on them.

this
flea really shines on "one hot minute". if there's any album he should get credit for, it's that one

The riff on Suck My Kiss is pounding stuff, John definitely lost some of his edge after recovering from drugs.

RHCP is pedo rock on the level of Lostprophets. Kiedis has to be investigated ASAP, we can still save some of his victims.

He did nothing any other rock star going back to Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis didn't do.

>seriously discussing RHCP
Sup Forums is dead.

*glass breaks*

>fifteen lil peep threads a day
>that's fine
>one (1) rhcp thread that starts with the op dissing them
>Sup Forums is dead.
isn't it about time you post that nick cave quote?

He could always just post the Christgau reviews of RHCP.

Kool & The Gang aren't bad but I never liked Rick James. His voice just annoys me and I really don't care for Superfreak.

Gary Wilson is proof white people can into Funk (but only if it's weird)

White people can do funk. Just not RHCP.

youtube.com/watch?v=uDAmqZUECgg

Average White Band

This.
The unchallenged master of white freak funk
youtu.be/ISyPER5dcBE

I think they're proof white people can do funk - or at least, funk rock. The vocal stylings of Anthony aren't that great, but you'd be crazy if you didn't think Flea, John, and Chad (or even Flea, Dave, and Chad) couldn't make a good funk song.

Even black people can't into funk nowadays (Bruno Mars's corporate elevator music doesn't count).

Why. Why do you need to infect everything with identity politics

people have been joking about the chili peppers being white people funk for the past 30 years m8

Average White Band's name was because they were deliberate making fun of themselves for being white funksters.

The best Chilies album is The Uplift Mofo Party Plan, just straight, clean, high-speed funk rock and it's the only album where all four of the original members played on.

always felt like the stone roses did white funk best
youtube.com/watch?v=BBsazIACpYM

>white
He is a fucking Pochohantas

Anthony is half Amerindian, half Lithuanian-American.

definitely not, have you heard his solo albumz?

You guys dont like Freaky Styley?

What exactly is a meme bass?

It was never alive

No they are pretty good. Freaky Styley is pure funk produced by George Clinton. BSSM is great too. Even Scaruffi gave it a 7/10 and said it's the 5th best funk album ever. RHCPs early work is great. They just get attacked for their mainstream output.

I'd rather have the lil Puke threads since they are obviously posted ironically than this garbage posted with intent to be discussed

"Flea in all seriousness isn't that good. I mean, come on. RHCP were vaguely interesting in the late 80s, but Christ, they fucking suck, they suck."

-- Trevor Dunn

They stopped being a funk rock band after One Hot Minute. That's when they started their Singing Chimpanzee Sings Boring Shit -phase. Sad!