*doesn't say et tu brutus*

*doesn't say et tu brutus*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-2Kugsy1F4c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*it ain't me doesn't start playing*

*record scratch*

so you're probably wondering how i got here

IRL Caesar's last words were probably "let me go you scoundrel" as the stabbing started.

Best sources state that in any regard. You To Brutus came from Shakespeare who made shit up.

And to be fair, Shakespeare was one of the best bullshitters ever. No one would give a shit about some kilt-wearing faggot in Scotland if he hadn't spiced it up with Macbeth.

pretty sure he farted after dying

Sources also state that he covered his face with his toga as he died to hide his shame

I learned they were "Kai su teknon" which was Ancient Greek for "And you, my son?"

Apparently, Shakespeare didn't invent the "Et tu, Brute?" either, it was just the popular account of Caesar's last words at the time.

He and the actor who played Brutus already got the message across through their facial expressions when he stabbed Caesar, really great acting in this show.

This joke never fails to entertain.

*doesn't fuck Octavian's boipucci when everyone thinks he already did anyway*

Would you say this show is better than game of thrones?

youtube.com/watch?v=-2Kugsy1F4c

*always fails
fify

Yes.

NTG, but I sure would.

For me it sure as fuck is. I liked the first season of GoT but it quickly fell apart as the seasons wore on.

No, and I fucking hate half of GoT.

I thought it was something along the lines of "why, this is violence!" When somebody grabbed his shoulder.

to me this is so much stronger. Someone who lived by the sword for so many years was so far up his own ass that he couldn't imagine violence used against him by his peers

His last words were actually in greek. Translates to "And you my Son"

Which is pretty interesting if not more so than Shakespeares version when you consider that Brutus was rumored to actually be Caesar's son.

good. otherwise it would be frogposted to shit on here

>et tu Bane?

This was brilliantly done. Instead of directly recreating the most iconic portrayal of his death they did a different take.

He doesn't say it with his vocal chords, he says it with his eyes

He was a soldier first and foremost and that sort of barbaric treatment would've been unthinkable in "sophisticated" men of the senate

>Julius: This can't be happening I'm in charge here.
>Brutus: Tyranny would be extremely painful.
>Julius: THIS IS TREASON THEN
>Brutus: For you.
>Julius: Et tu Brutus?
>Brutus: I'm sorry, but I have to protect. . . HBO's Rome season 1.

Fucking really?

it was hardly the first time in Roman history the book was thrown out and somebody big was killed in broad daylight