Hey Sup Forums, my Great-uncle passed away recently and I wanted to share an important memory of his with you guys...

Hey Sup Forums, my Great-uncle passed away recently and I wanted to share an important memory of his with you guys, idk just to ensure it lives or something, although I'll certainly never forget it.
Story time.

>be me
>Great-uncle on mom's side is dying
>Never really knew the old dog
>Mom keeps telling me to visit him in hospital
>Not really bothered
>Get off college early one day
>Hospital is only a short bus ride away
>whynot.jpeg
>Head over to hospital, give hiss name (Thomas) at reception and head up to his room
>Knock once and enter
>Standard hospital set up, bed in a small bare room with a few monitors and a robotic arm to help him out of bed
>His eyes are closed, am about to back out when he snaps awake
>"user, your mother finally got you to come see me"
>GuiltSetsIn.gif
>"N-no, I just couldn't find the ti-"
>"Well whatever the case, you're here now. Come in, have a seat"
>His voice was like gravel, partly because of the cancer in his lungs, partly because that's just the way he spoke
>He asks me the standard questions about college, my hobbies (nonexistent) and life in general, I ask him how he's feeling etc.
>There's a lul in conversation and I'm looking around absent mindedly thinking of something to say
>"user"
>I look back, he's not smiling anymore and his eyes are locked with mine
>Strange change in atmosphere
>"Do you know why I never married?"
>Hesitate slightly because wierd question
>"Mom said it was something to do with your past... right?"
>He nods
>"Did she ever tell you why?"
>Think for a bit
>"No"
>He makes a "hmm" noise and nods
>Lul #2
>"user I've never told anyone this story"
>I sit in silence
>"I'm going to tell it to you now because I want it to be remembered and I don't want you to make the same mistake I did"
>"O-okay, I'm listening"
>He takes a deep breath and exhales, then begins

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VcDy8HEg1QY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More?

First thread I've seen all night with some actual effort, continue.

Samefagging to bump, op pls

Summer came early.

Continue Lord Faggot if you please.

>be my great-uncle Thomas
>Grow up in small American mining town
>Usual childhood, minimal education, start working from around 8yo or so
>Obviously everone knew each other
>There are only a few eligible women around
>be 19, looking for wife
>Had eyes on one for a while
>Daughter of the Director of the mining company
>Would usually never be allowed even talk to her, but Director likes me for being a hard worker and keeping morales high with jokes, songs and stories
>Invites me over for dinner
>Get on like a house on fire with potential wife
>Fast forward a few months, engaged.
>be on top of the world, prime of my life, gorgeous waifu and a cozy future in the upper echelons of the mining industry to look forward to
>A few days before the wedding, Director sends me to neighbouring town to broker a new deal with potential buyers
>Goes well
>Stop in town's local bar for a drink
>Notice shady looking figure alone in corner
>Usually would avoid for fear of trouble, but something attracts me to him, and am in good mood over deal
>Buy 2 drinks at the bar and walk over, sit down opposite in the booth
>Place one in front of man
>"You looked thirsty friend"

This pleases me...please continue.

Do go on.

>Man is wearing hood obscuring his face
>Looks up at me
>Faces is horribly disfigured, whole left hand side looks as if it's melted, half his nose is missing and his entire left eye is bleached white
>Looks like a chemical accident of sorts
>Hard to place his age because of it, but couldn't be younger than 50
>He smiles, a fearsome thing to look at on that face
>"Thanks stranger, there's not many who'd do a man like me a good turn 'round these parts"
>"You're not local then?"
>"No no, just blowing through. And you?"
>Tell him about the coal deal
>"Ah, a coaler are you? Mind you don't let that dust take away that honeyed voice of yours..."
>Chat for a while more, conversation turns towards women, I mention fiance
>Man's eyes light up
>"Is she beautiful?"
>I laugh
>"Of course she's beautiful"
>"Describe her"
>Man says it strangely forcefully, I hesitate
>"Well... she's fair of skin, with the blackest mane of hair you've ever seen on a girl... she's slim of build, but with weight where it counts..."
>I trail off, stuck for words
>Glance back at the man, who has me fixed with a piecing gaze
>There's a strange tension in the air
>The man leans in close
>The extent of his deformation is even more evident in close quarters
>"Is she the most beautiful girl in the world?"
>Start to get annoyed at mans questioning
>"Wha-... well, I mean... probably not, but she's a darn sight prettier than you"
>The man throws his head back and laughs a full, throaty laugh which devolves into an extended coughing fit
>When he recovers he wipes a fleck of spittle from his lips and grins at me
>"I meant no offence friend"
>I pause before replying
>"None taken"

>The man leans in again
>"The reason I ask is..."
>He stops to look around before leaning in even closer, practically standing over the table, propped up on his arms
>"How would you like to have your pick of the most beautiful girls in the world?"
>The silence following this question is loaded, with me trying to figure out whether the man is pulling my leg or just plain crazy
>"... what do you mean?"
>The man grins
>Still inches away from my face, he says-
>"Where I come from, is where you'll find the most beautiful girls in the world. The least I can do for a man just starting out in life is to ensure he has a chance to catch the most beautiful wife"
>The man can see I'm still not sure what to make of this, but spots a gleam of interest in my eye
>"I'll tell you what, you take the night to mull it over. I leave in the morning back to my hometown. Ask for Joseph at the House and Hound Inn."
>With that the man finishes his drink, sets the mug down on the table, adjusts his hood, and leaves.

Just how old was your great uncle? Why does everyone in this story talk like they're extras in Blazing Saddles?

His your father, he fucked her sista, your mom, and now you increase your steelbox nigga

>Am left alone in the booth with his mind spinning with thoughts
>On one hand I'd be a fool to run off from the life I was all set to establish here
>On the other, I don't have to decide now, I could follow this Joseph and see if there was any truth to his claims
>If there wasn't, I would simply return
>Buoyed up with the limitless optimism and greed of youth, I make my decision
>Purchase paper and ink from the general store, and quickly scribble a letter to the Director informing him that there had been unforeseen complications with the deal and it would be a few days more
>Return to rooms in the town's other (more up-market) inn and suffer a troubled night's sleep
>When Joseph comes downstairs the following morning, he finds me waiting with my bags
>His hooded face splits with a massive grin and he rushes to me
>"You won't regret this lad, I can promise you that"

>Set out on the road with the morning sun at our backs, and with hope and apprehension vying for primacy of place in my head
>For the duration of the journey, Joseph is equally secretive about both our destination and his past, although he asked many questions of me and my life
>He would only go on about the beauty of the women and how lucky I was going to be to meet them
>We would travel by day and stay in small town inns at night.
>I would often try to catch Joseph off guard or trick him into divulging the whereabouts of his mysterious homewtown, but was always met simply with a smile and the enigmatic "Our destination is where I come from"
>As each day passed, my eagerness and impatience grow
>One night over drinks in one of the more run down establishments we had stayed in, I lose it with Joseph, calling him a cheat and a fraud (I had been providing for most of our expenses) and voicing my doubts as to the existence of Joseph's hometown
>While initially trying to calm me, Joseph's protestations gradually quieted in the face of my tirade, and he instead adopted a defiant and steely look
>"If that's the way you feel you can damn well find it yourself"
>With this he stormed out the doors of the inn
>I returned to my drink, figuring Joseph would cool down and I would apologize when he returned
>Little did I know that that was the last I would ever see of the man

Meetings with Randall Flagg

>In the morning, Joseph had still not returned
>Asked about the town, no one had seen him since last night
>The continued failure of my efforts to locate Joseph lead to a sinking feeling in my heart
>I spent the next 3 days searching the nearby towns, to no avail
>On the 3rd day, I collapsed into a bar and was halfway through a beer when it hit me
>The wedding
>I'd been gone for over 2 weeks, past the date of the wedding
>I hadn't waited for a reply to my letter from the Director
>I threw cash down on the table and rushed out the door
>Making the best time possible at great expense, it took another 6 days to return back to the town where I had met Joseph
>Stumbling into the post office, I asked if there was a letter from him
>There were 2 from the Director, the first from 20 days ago
>"If there's no way to finalize the deal without your travelling, leave it. The deal can wait, you need to return for the wedding."
>And the second, dated a week ago
>"I took you for a better man. If you did not wish to marry my daughter you would have done better to tell it to my face than run like a coward. If you show your face in this town again it'll be the last thing you do."
>I collapse on the floor of the post office with exhaustion and a broken heart
>My greed had lead to the total ruin of my life, and I had nothing to show for it.

>islam

Diablo 2

Apparently OP is 109 years old and his great uncle was a teenager in the mid 1800's

>Cut back to present day
>Great-uncle is lying in hospital bed with a film of tears over his eyes
>His breath is ragged from the effort of telling the story
>I am speechless
>"Wha-... what happened then?"
>My question seems to jolt him out of his stupor
>"I left town, traveled for as long as I could afford, and started fresh. It was the hardest time of my life."
>"I... I'm sorry..."
>He sighs
>"I've gotten over it. It took a long time, and I was in a bad place for a long time"
>He pauses
>"Sometimes though, I remember, and I get so angry, at myself, and at Joseph..."
>A beeping in the room gets my attention
>His heart monitor is rising
>I look back at him, his face is visible contorted and tears are spilling down his cheeks
>"Thomas, please, relax-"
>I try to soothe him but he pushes me away and sits up in his bed
>"The worst thing... the worst thing is I don't even know if he was telling the truth. If there really were the most beautiful women in the world where He came from or if he was just pulling some poor schmuck along for a ride"
>Heart monitor is still rising
>"Please, lie down-"
>"Fuck you Joseph! Fuck you and your god ugly face! I can still see it now, leering at me - like the flesh was melted it was, and his left eye white as the fields of cotton..."
>He inhales and locks eyes with me
>"If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe, I'd been married long time ago. Where did you come from, where did you go, where did you come from Cotton-Eye Joe?"

I'm astonished

I KNEW IT

the story was too well written

Fuck

I'm not even mad. You come up with this yourself? Or is it some rejiggered copypasta?

KEEEEEEKKKKKK

First thing I did was google OP greentext, I couldn't find anything

Had the idea ages ago, told myself I'd write it when I had the time.
I always enjoyed greentexts, and am passable at writing so...
It's not perfect, but hey.

I was born in the summer, you merely adopted it

Same here. googling Cotton eye joe copypasta came up with shit nowhere near as well excecuted. wp OP

This is from hee-haw in the 1960s

Making Sup Forums "great" again

It isn't exactly a copypasta, but it isn't orginal. This has be a popular idea recently. Not sure when or where I read the first story leading up to that ending, but I know I have.

Most I can see are coming up late 2015-mid 2016

My god. I have reading comprehension problems, too, but stuck it through to the end.

Took about 15 minutes..

FUCK

im not even mad, i threw my perfect waifu away at 19 too.

my gard it will pain me forever

you son of a bitch
i laughed so hard it woke the cat who came to see what the fuck was wrong with me
i'm still kekin

Your writing is perfect
Made my shitty day tbh keep up the good work user

10/10

My fucking sides OP

8.5/10

I saw this coming pretty early on and skimmed until I got to this part.

You slightly overplayed your hand. You lost me at the disfigurement. It was just a bit ... much.

KEKEKEKEKKEKEKE youtube.com/watch?v=VcDy8HEg1QY