Judo vs Wrestling. Which one wins in an aggressive confrontation?

Judo vs Wrestling. Which one wins in an aggressive confrontation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9UwxDGGcEIc
youtube.com/watch?v=cMLzQD6o4Ts
youtu.be/-zElqmU57HY
youtu.be/YN9GGIJdDZk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Guns

wrastlin.

at any time another wrestler can come in and interrupt the match or grab a chair.

what the fuck is judo? nigga is that some sort of side dish you order with cum?

Joe Rogan birch bbj

judo in the first second wrestling in the rest

there's a lot of different kinds of wrestling

this. guns are way more aggressive, guns kill way more people than wreatling and judo combined

judo has submissions, but i think the wrestler would probably end up on top throwing punches. hard to say

Nigga cant throw fists if hes in an armbar ;)

Joe Rogan's givin bareback blowjobs?

TKDbrah.

judoka dont tend to be all that great from the bottom tbh

Wrestling for sure. Judo can't take down a wrestler. Once the judo is on the ground it's over. Unless they know some bjj but if the wrestler is strong enough it doesn't even matter judo is still done.

>Judo can't take down a wrestler
not entirely true

>Once the judo is on the ground it's over
why do you say that?

link?

Because the rules of wrestling say he's not allowed to stand up and kick you in the head.

i dont think you know what judo is

you have all that backwards

isn't judo all about throws and shit? that's going to be useless against a wrestler, he's just gonna pin you if you try to throw him

Well I am going to be crosstraining Judo twice a week and BJJ once every week. Feel like that covers both Ground and Takedown as well as strike

you forgot the
> if the wrestler is strong enough it doesn't even matter judo is still done

the whole fucking ideology of judo is that the opponent is stronger than you and yet you find ways to fuck him up

i doing for 3 years judo kodogan and i have fucked up boxers, kick boxers and many more in less than 5 minuets

youtube.com/watch?v=9UwxDGGcEIc
youtube.com/watch?v=cMLzQD6o4Ts

heres a couple videos of judo vs wrestling

but wrestling is just autistic acrobatic shit like in circus , doesnt work if partner doesnt do the same
its like you asked : tennis player vs basketball player , who wins ?

neither of those do striking

Are you a fucking cow? Judo is self defence while wrestling (not wwe) is a sport between two men.

Even though Judo is a self defence martial art, I would argue that Wrestling is one of the more dominating Clinch martial arts

they have some similarities

Wrestlers usually have really good balance and they have a good base. Judo can't really shake off a wrestler from the bottom. Too much pressure. Wrestler can just keep pounding away and eventually put the judo person in a rear naked choke. I'm not saying it's impossible but that's how it should go typically.

depends on a person. I wrestle once a week and do bjj twice a week, and wresting training is really REALLY hard. Wrestling may have slight advantage just on amount of hard work average wrestler puts on

one judo chop and the match is over so that answers your question

judo needs some clothes on the enemy to catch for throwing and stuff. when the opponent is nearly naked then judo is total useless.

youtu.be/-zElqmU57HY

Yea wrestlers have the best endurance out of any discipline IMO

Answer me this, Im 240lb (by no means fat) and 6ft 3. How would this play into a strength for Judo and BJJ? I am sure weight doesnt mean shit towards someone who knows what they are doing

Wrestling has more in common with jiu jitsu

Jui jitsu is the transition after wrestling. You wrestle someone to the ground and then put them into submission.

it matters but someone who is actually skilled can overcome a size difference. skill + size is an amazing combo tho

i could not imagine myself wretling more than once a week. I am tall and a bit clumsy, double leg takedowns are hell on my knees and toes

they certainly rely on it quite a bit but a lot of submissions dont require clothes

Step 1: punch your ballsac
Step 2: punch your ballsac again
Step 3: walk away with your gf

Whats more important is balance, flexibility, and speed. Sure, its a lot easier to pin someone down and get in their guard if youre 200+ lbs, but ive seen skinny twigs mop the floor with big ol dudes just because they go to the ground and can twist and move so much farther and faster than a big guy

and everyone one of them is gay.

I do Judo and Jits
All these are amazing
Grappling is the shit
I love wrestling too
I will add that I am able to use some of my Judo no gi against wrestlers
Wrestlers are the best to train with because of their pressure
But I'm great off my back so south worry I can get wrestlers off me even if they take me down

Still, jiu jitsu and wresting are sister arts, while judo is still similar, its a little further removed

>boxers, kick boxers.

no wrestlers tho huh

judo and bjj are grappling arts, you need some TKD or boxing...

Wrestling is a sport, Judo is a martial art. Training in any martial art will be more useful than training in wrestling. Wrestling moves aren't designed to seriously injure, judo is.

Some wrestling moves are useful in a bar fight, but all judo moves are useful in any hand to hand fight.

this is ignorant af go look up some suplexes and try again

Judo is primary stand up to ground.
Wrestling assuming you mean jujitsu (brazilian) goes all the way none stop until the fight is finished. A take down is usually not complete because skilled players can scramble into a guard even if they go down. The take down is usually a tiny part of a match. Judo is more fun because it's over by take down due to rules. Judo is extremely fun, and awesome none the less.

What about sambo?

The question is olympic wrestler vs olympic judo
Assuming it's no gi the wrestler gets the take down
But Judo wins on the ground if it's a fight
And Judo is a very close relative to all Jujitsus
Wrestling doesn't share any roots with Jujitsu
Even though catch wrestling is basically no gi jujitsu, they don't share the same orgins at all
Idiots

Sambo is bad ass
Catch Wrestling is bad ass too

What would you guys consider is the best combination for mixed martial arts? I suppose muay thai must be in there

the way to win a fight is the one you talk your way out of

Well without being too arrogant I am flexible and fast enough despite being 240

Neither, a jab to the throat.

muay thai, boxing, wrestling, bjj.

Drop wrestling after 2-3 years and put more time on the mats for bjj. Focus boxing over MT too, but never drop the MT.

BJJ and Boxing
Take em down, keep em down, they remain down

>source: 100th degree dragon belt in bjj

Every rasslin guy I've rolled with has a good standup game, has solid takedowns, and is good at staying on top. Their problem is they don't know what to do if they're ever in closed guard or in any position on the bottom.

Judo guys are equally good at takedowns, but don't train in more than a few basic guards and submissions.

I would say rassilin would win for the simple fact that they train exclusively without a gi, which is more applicable to real life and negates a lot of judo's intricate grip fighting.

how would you respond to kicks ?

call the police

Unless you are in a confrontation with a Muay Thai boxer or TKD Black Belt, I dont really think kicks are an issue.
But I must say, I'd rather not be kicked in the head ;)

Hey anons!

got the best insider for this question, stating that i used to be an olympic wrestler, so here whats up, we used to fight/ grapple with the bjj guys all the time, biggest difference is strength and aggression, we were 10x stronger then them and generally more able to control the matt, on the other hand once they get you into a hold you shit out of luck, so id say in a fist fight wrestling would win 8/10 times with the 2 margin of error! :)

I agree there, but if Mr rasslin starts shit, unless its on the beach, hes gonna have a t-shirt on, and if he is daft enough to take his t-shirt off, there enough time to pop his elbow out, then hows he gonna AA me?

That must be a Bias opinion for a heavy trained athlete. I would argue that if you were not as adept in Wrestling but still trained in the sport you would not be able to counter someone on top with their legs over your chest and face yanking at your joints, granted if you are in that position you must be a shit wrestler for getting yourself taken down and wrapped up to begin with :)

Clearly you don't know dick about judo. It's straight physics. Get them moving and put something in front of them.

sorry! thought it said bjj, but same goes for judo as well they used to spar with us and it was literally no competition, we are trained to fight with aggression/ take aggression, so when we smash the judo peoples heads or move them around alot they cant react the same way we do.

Another person who doesnt know shit. Judo is the sport version Jujitsu.

In a 1v1 situation I'd much rather be a high level BJJ practitioner than a high level in Judo or Wrestling.

The problem comes in when you start choking out the one guy, and another guy comes up and kicks you in the head. You cant wrestle, bjj, judo, or box your way out of that shit.

Avoidance is key. Being a well rounded fighter is also helpful. I train bjj, would love to add some judo/wrestling as well as boxing, eventually.

agreed but what i was getting at was as a pure concept of who beats who, best way to measure is from the best of the best not with average joe, to many variables happen at lower levels, its way more technical, even up to college (for wrestling) thats why alot of college wrestlers cant make it to the usa olympic team

why the fuck would you assume bjj if someone said wrestling?

Vague question. If you're talking Grappling, a form of wrestling, then yes it beats any form judo. Most other wrestling forms lose to most forms of judo.

And maybe he is suddenly aware of how full his bladder is and seizes the opportunity to take a piss. Then you got him by the dick.

There are a million variables that go into a fight. Talking about a very minute set of circumstances gets asinine.

> If you're talking Grappling, a form of wrestling
wut

It sounds like you wrestling guys rely on strength and aggression (as well as technique) but going up against someone trained to exploit that explosive aggressive, take your feet from under you and keep you locked till you are cold. I dunno, I've seen many a trained wrestler get taken down by Judo and BJJ athletes and vice versa ;)

name the forms since your so informed

JUDO. IF YOUR OPPONENT SURVIVES THE THROW,JUDO HAS SUBMISSIONS.

YOU WONT SURVIVE A THROW ON CEMENT. TRUST ME.

your right at the lower level of the sport, im talking higher tier, where everyone on the team was an us olympic team member...

throwing a good wrestler isnt all that easy

No, judo is the sport version of jujutsu. The only thing it has in relation with bjj is that both derivate from the same style.

I am dabbling with boxing just to deal with multiple attackers which is something my coach takes seriously. Totally agree with avoidance because attackers dont travel alone unless they are competent themselves and a rear naked choke isnt doing you many favours if his mate is stabbing you with a kitchen knife

HE'S NOT ASKING WHO WOULD WIN A FIGHT YOU NIGGER.HE'S ASKING WHICH ART IS MORE AGGRESSIVE FOR STREET DEFENSE. THE ODDS OF FIGHTING A COMPETENT WRESTLER ARE SLIM TO FUCKING NONE ON THE STREETS.IF YOU FIGHT IT WILL BE DRUNK IDIOT.

SAYING THAT I HAVE TOSSED TONS OF WRESTLERS AROUND IN TRAINING BUT I TRAIN IN KOSEN PRE USA PUSSY RULES JUDO.

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED? THE GROUND WORK OF JUDO IS EXACTLY LIKE BJJ YOU RETARD. SOURCE: ME. BB IN BOTH JUDO AND BJJ. FOR STREETS JUDO IS 100% BETTER SINCE YOU WON'T END UP ON THE GROUND IF YOU ARE A JUDOKA.

greco roman wrestling vs judo?

JUDO HAS MORE WEAPONS. IF YOU TAKE KOSEN JUDO IT HAS WRESTLING TAKE DOWNS PLUS A LOT MORE. I DON'T HAVE PROBLEMS WITH WRESTLERS UNLESS THEY CROSS TRAINED.

holy shit enought of the caps lock

IF WE WERE FACE TO FACE I WOULD HANE GOSHI YOU SO BAD YOU WOULD BE NOTHING MORE THAN A BAD MEMORY FOR MUMMY.

not if I kick you in the face fgt

Yes their ground game is the same because they both come from the same martial art.
Also stop with the capslock

Strength is a bigger advantage in grappling than it is for striking, the less dynamic the grappling the more of an advantage. If you're talking "how would I do against..." then you'd do better against a judoka than a BJJ guy or similar skill. However strength doesn't mean anything if you're untrained. I haven't done anything atletic in a decade but I used to do a ton of judo and kickboxing and I'm 100% sure I could take out a 350lb linebacker in a fight if he was untrained. It just doesn't matter. A trained fighter vs an untrained man might as well be a fully grown man fighting a child.

Wrestling hands down, specifically free style. I've done both and can say comfortably in a street fight or situation where there's limited rules wrestling comes out on top

YEP, I'M SURE A 300POUND 5'2" FAG IS KICKING ME IN THE FACE YOU FUCKING RETARD.

>appeal to authority
Prove why you're right rather than sucking your own dick.

YOU NEVER TRAINED RETARD. POST A PIC.I GUARANTEE YOU NEVER TRAINED A DAY IN YOUR LIFE.I CAN TELL BY THE UTTER SHIT YOU JUST POSTED

>Which one wins in an aggressive confrontation?

OP is talking about a straight up fight. Somebody practiced in Judo would still take the opportunity to kick somebody when they are down if it was really a no holds barred fight and not just a sparring match.

This is what Krav Maga is all about. It about real world fights for your life, not coreographed dancing like a lot of "martial arts". Krav Maga is what you want when some crackhead pulls a knife on you in an alley.

Judo usually comes out ahead. Both are point based sports and both have very aggressive and well conditioned practitioners. Not having clothes on a wrestler isn't a big problem for a judoka, they have plenty of techniques that work when there are no clothes.

The advantage is that a judoka knows arm locks and chokes and being on your back isn't a problem in judo point wise whereas wrestlers have an instinct to avoid that kind of posture. Wrestlers are great athletes and its a real contest what you're asking here but it's like asking who wins in a fight between an MMA guy and a boxer. The MMA guy just has some skills the boxer doesn't and that makes the fight lopsided.

Most wrestler vs. judoka matchups end up with the wrestler trying for a double leg takedown on the judo player (because judo is done in a more upright posture this makes a double leg almost irresistible to a wrestler) and if it doesn't succeed the judo player is now on top and goes for a choke or if it does he's now on the bottom and goes for a choke, and the wrestler just has no experience defending a choke.

youtu.be/YN9GGIJdDZk
bjjj fighter gets pwned by greco roman wrestler

I CAN'T YOU FUCKING RETARD. REASON IS A COMPETENT JUDOKA OR WRESTLER WOULD BOTH BADLY AND COMPLETELY FUCK UP 99% OF UNTRAINED IDIOTS ON THE STREETS.

STREET FIGHTS ARE RARE AND IF THEY DO HAPPEN IT'S USUALLY A DRUNK OR HIGH GUY. OTHERWISE IT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE BEING ROBBED OR JUMPED.

OP ASKED WHICH IS MORE "AGGRESSIVE". I SAY JUDO DUE TO THE MORE BROAD STAND UP ATTACKS AND THE FACT THAT YOU KNOW...YOU LEARN TO CHOKE AND BREAK THINGS.

Get all Israeli Special Forces on them and snap their neck

calm down

GTFO OUT JEW. I WENT TO A MONI AZIK KRAP MAGA SEMINAR AND IN FREE SPARRED I FUCKED UP HIS 5'4" "BAD ASS EX IDF" ASSISTANT EASILY. IT'S ALL SHIT.