Why is he so hated?

Why is he so hated?

because he is a black person

Because i'm sick of seing his smug fucking face

Is he? Since when?

He isn't

He stole my bike and cut the frame into crack pipes.

Because he corrupts science by spewing shitty leftist orthodoxies as if they are somehow objective claims.

I don't know he never really says anything. He sure talks a lot, but impressively without really saying much.

He tries too hard to be Sagan. He tries too hard to wax poetic about the cosmos in a way that Sagan could make inspiring, but just comes out as fluff.

he is beloved
what are u some kind of retard

Leftist orthodoxies? Really? Politics has nothing to do with this. Btw capitalists and fascists are going extinct, not a scientific fact, just an educated guess

i like him, would even consider him my favourite black guy

Isn't that racist?

Because people on here are insanely jealous of anyone who is successful in any aspect of life.

>I don't know he never really says anything. He sure talks a lot, but impressively without really saying much.
you are probably just too stupid to understand what he is talking about
its ok, now your stupid brain will not know what to do but throw an insult back at me rather than face the truth

People are intimidated by knowledge.
*dumb people

Because in our ever expanding infinite universe, the billion year old star dust that travelled across the Galaxy to form what is collectively known as NDT, always manages to say the same damn pop-sci tag line.

Who the fuck hates Neil Degrass Tyson? I know I don't. If I saw black science man in person I'd ask for an autograph!

You might have had a point if you hadn't drifted into marxist circle jerkdom.

Lol

U mad whit bo u mad bc U cant calculate the area of muh spice ass

It was more of a joke to make fun of the faggot I replied to but I guess you didn't get it.

The earth neither hates nor loves.
It just waits patiently for people to do famous stuff

Fuck you cuck

Comments like this are basically nothing

He's a nigger

Typical Sup Forums rebuttal.

Nigger split the atom and ran off leaving us with nuclear waste.

Your the cuck, cuck!

Probably a snowflake too

His show is just so over-the-top and his presentation style makes me cringe.
What he's trying to do is probably a good thing but the way he's doing it is terrible.

If you watch enough of him, you'll start to see he's actually an asshole

You're a fucking white male!

and asserts authoratitive opinions on subjects completely outside his field exactly like no genuine scientist would

This is his fanbase right here, people who think they are smarter than they are.
> you are just too dumb to get it.

The emperor does have a pretty cool new suit.

Because he is a Sionist shill disinformation agent who's spitting a bunch of lies which are just pushing the NWO and the jewish satanic agenda.

Earth is flat and space doesn't exist physically, but multidimentional, if you go up the sky you hit a dome, its impossible to go out the plane.

Go and investigate you'll see Im fucking right,

>This is his fanbase right here, people who think they are smarter than they are.
or maybe they are people who are interested in learning more in an entertaining and interesting way
not like you though, you are way too cool and smarter than an astrophysicist

I'm sure when it comes to computer engineering and human biology i have a much deeper knowledge than him.

Sup Forums nowadays. .. can't even go the speed of light in the school bus with the headlights on anymore

because nigger

he should be robbing and having unprotected sex not talking about space and science and such

Because he's leddit in human form

And eating hot wings

and banging gang

the trolling in here has dropped below levels we've never seen before
its the weakest we have ever seen on planet earth in over 6 million years

I'm actually a chemist. and a mathematician. You like looking at colorful pictures of the sky.

>satanic
I hope you meant to type demiurge

maybe you should actually see what the guy is about instead of huffing chemicals and crunching numbers all day

He's not you military robot fuck.

Because crunching numbers is so boring, right?

There you go, you don't like science or learning. You like looking at pretty things.

I actually mean reptilians

astrophysics has everything to do with math so not sure what you are talking about

token affirmative action nigger science guy
no revolutionary theories or discoveries that changes his discipline. he is quite fucking average. not even in the top 10 in his field, yet worshiped because he is a nigger.

Because he's a fraud, perpetuates lies, and furthers on the religion of science.

Heard he looks down on "soft sciences". Not sure if it's true, though.

Because he's successful.

Because he is nigger.

That guy mentioned crunching numbers as if it was a bad thing.

Astrphysics is cool as fuck. But people who claim to like it skip all the, "boring" stuff. Yeah, the pictures are cool, but the equations behind astrophysics are what's fascinating.

because he's a sperg

arrogant libtard porch monkey
/thread

something like this I think

Him and Bill Nye (who has a bachelors degree in engineering) both act like they are expert scientists in all fields. It pisses me off.

Bill Nye is a scientist in absolutely nothing. Neil DeGrasse Tyson knows about astrophysics. He isn't a biologist, economist, or sociologist. But because people love to worship a hero they think he is all of those things.

IKR if the earth is round ans spinning, why doesn't all the water fly off into space?

His popularity started winding down when the fame started going to his head. He gradually got more smug. His public remarks on politics didn't help anything.

He's still not as smug as Michio Kaku though. And he doesn't have his head as thoroughly lodged up his own ass as Bill Nye does though.

Neil deGrasse Tyson, BA in Physics from Harvard and his PhD in Astrophysics from Columbia.

I mean, I guess he's hated by people who's opinion are predictable, thinking a black person can't possibly be popular for anything but sports and music. Does anybody take those people seriously? Most people who don't think like an angry sixth grader who just got bullied by another black kid, like the guy.

Hey dumb fuck.. "scientific Theories" become irrelevant, as science changes drastically after new experimentation and discover.

Just 20 years ago, people thought that the world would be over populated and the world would be incapable of feeding itself, due to food shortage and saturated cropping. Know we have more food then ever because of shit called GMOs, and selective crop breeding.

Maybe lets not be short sighted on science.

And maybe you should know. Science is not based on consensus but on logical experimentation and analysis.

This black AssHole would be apart of ripping apart the modern economic system (by stopping the consumption of fossil fuels to 95%) to "save the future" keeping in mind millions would kill each other for food, that would no longer be shipped halfway around the country, if not the world to feed your ass, as the economic infrastructure cant take a shit beating like 95%.

>MuriKKKans don't like smug black people, what they call "uppity".
>Scientists should not act like snake-oil salesmen.

Hey dummy, he is not admired because of contributions to his field but rather because he is competent in his field indisputably but more importantly has a wide enough base of knowledge to speak about and present a huge array of info. Info from other people. This is what science means, son.

More importantly, and like Sagan (or Bill Nye) he is a presenter and a speaker and an entertainer whose purpose is to try to make dry science interesting to uneducated jags such as yourself. There are obviously hundreds of more accomplished scientists (whatever that means) but they can't do what Tyson does.

He is an educator and showman first and foremost. I agree he is no Carl Sagan, but who is? Tyson is the first to admit this and said, "the world may never again see his like."

Somebody's gotta try though, fuckers. Meanwhile we are here posting on Sup Forums.

>he is no Carl Sagan
I couldn't stand Sagan's bullshit. Cousteau was more palatable, but even he faked stuff for the camera.

The Illuminati shill himself!

>I agree he is no Carl Sagan, but who is?

From our current choices, I think maybe Brian Cox comes closest.

Bill Nye stated out as a decent presenter/popularizer of science, but has gotten lost up his own asshole with politics. The problem with a science popularizer being overly political, is it becomes impossible to separate the two. You can't trust that they're sticking to the facts as opposed to pushing a political agenda. Tyson hasn't fully gone down that road (as far as I'm aware.. Can't say I've been paying attention to him in recent years) yet. Hope he doesn't follow Bill Nye.

>Neil deGrasse Tyson, BA in Physics from Harvard and his PhD in Astrophysics from Columbia.
And that doesn't make him a biologist, economist, or sociologist, now does it?

I have a PhD in biochemistry. Having a PhD isn't some magic qualification that makes you 10,000% more smart than everybody else. It means you know how to pass exams and were willing to spend an extra 4-7 years in school than other people.

It's more a proof that you have good work ethic and can complete long complex tasks than proof you are smart. I would say that earning my PhD was more work than it was challenging. It was a huge time commitment.

Because he, like Bill Nye and some of the other made-for-TV "science guys," says stupid things about disciplines he does not understand, such as philosophy. And instead of appreciating that some people DO study these things and can help them understand why some of their arguments are bad, he simply dismisses them as irrelevant.

So we shouldn't do anything about global warming because... science changes. You might be the dumb fuck, dumb fuck.

We should continue to listen to multi-millionaires like Al Gore and Leonardo DeCaprio tell us about global warming as they jet around the world in private jets and own huge mansions consuming more fossil fuels than 10 normal people will in their entire lifetime.

There's a lot more multi-millionaires who own the industries and legally and illegally influence the government and media to try to discredit global warming. Literally all you have to do is look up the relevant scientific research if you doubt the popular conclusion so much.

The thing that's so stupid about Bill Nye, is by getting involved in other political topics, especially ones where science has little to say, he taints his message about global warming. He goes from "a guy advocating the science behind global warming" to "a guy using a veneer of science to push political agendas".

Personally, I lost a lot of respect for the guy upon watching his Netflix show. The very first episode he treated the one guy (who advocated switching the base load from fossil fuels to nuclear) like O'Reilly treated Bill on his show. Then he used a negative public perception of nuclear power as justification for not pursuing it, but dismissed public perception as a seemingly minor obstacle for plastering solar panels everywhere in an unrealistic timeframe.

Don't forget his cringy "sex junk" song where they literally argue that sexuality isn't just limited to "hard or moist"

I'd love to hear him explain how based on your personal sexual identification you have something other than a hard dick or a moist vagina. Simply having a different opinion of yourself alters physical biology. It really is amazing.

You can't make this shit up. political correctness has gotten so crazy that saying people either have penises or vaginas is controversial

>INB4 hermaphrodites and intersex people
They have some deformed combination of penis and vagina. It's not some 3rd choice.

I agree Nye and his new show are fucking retarded and part of why some liberals are being so stupid. Too bad because global warming is an extreme threat to humanity and climate scientists are yelling about it constantly.