/shugazi/ - Shoegaze, Dreampop, Blackgaze, etc

what was your first shugazi album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oxKoBG7Q15g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Airiel - The Battle of Sealand for me

That's a rather esoteric choice for a first shogays record. Did you discover it by accident? I can't imagine anyone finding out about Fleeting Joys before MBV.

mine was whirr 's distressor, i don't think I even knew what shoegaze was at the time. i got it off a Sup Forums sharethread.

heard one of their songs on youtube and got into shoegaze from there. i didn't know what shoegaze was or who my bloody valentine were at that time

Sunbather was my first intro into something shoegaze like. i heard it was a black metal and thought the cover would be a cool juxtaposition. turned out that the cover was extremely fitting and i really enjoyed it. also got me into post rock.

did anyone here get the bloweyelashwish vinyl? I heard it was supposed to be different and was curious how it sounded

Interested in this too.
Someone say something.

Still one of my favorites. Demo has great taste

Is it still available to buy?

I think it was only available through the kickstarter, but don't quote me on that.

Yeah, that's what it looks like according to google. There's not even any copies up on Discogs :-(.

Loveless, of course. But I found myself listening to nipgaze immediately after that and I can't remember how

Thoughts on Everybody Makes Mistakes? This might actually be the best SF59 album.

I've been away from Sup Forums for a few weeks. First thing I looked for was the /shugazi/ thread.

I did. They even signed it.

Is there some sort of theme or story in this album? If feels very conceptual, but I don't know what it could be about.

Still the best

>title fight - floral green
it's not a shoegaze album, but it got me into shoegaze. I saw "shoegazing" under thier genre listing on wikipedia, thought it sounded cool and got curious and listened to MBV and slowdive. Now 5 years later i'm here.

Souvlaki. I once listened to Alison because of something I read about Slowdive online and fell in love with the sound so I had to listen to the whole album.

Such a great album
That's cool

Anyone feel like reccing a tweegaze album or just a general lesser know shoegaze record?

This and Isn't Anything.

Probably. Their Sound of Ceres work is very devoted to its outer space concept.

>shoegazing
>ing
Why do they do this?

Loveless and You Made Me Realise.

>Why do they do this?
I've even seen "shoegazer" as a genre tag.

awesome, does it sound any different from the original release?
I would assume it has some sort of tropic theme throughout, at least that's the vibe I've always gotten from that album
gazing at shoes I guess

How is psychocandy shoegaze?

It's not shoegaze but it falls under shugazi (noise pop, slowcore etc)

Bloom -> The Noise Made By People (they count right?) -> some years later -> Loveless

Ah, im a newfig, I had no idea.
Love these threads though

probably this

pls respond

Ride leak when???

>the no one's interested enough in ride to leak their album

Wow I really thought this was going to be kind of shit but it's pretty good!

they are most likely going to stream the album on their own channel....a leak right now would make no sense

youtube.com/watch?v=oxKoBG7Q15g