Why is this so popular?

Why is this so popular?

The voice actors are terrible, the lines are over-long and delivered badly. the animation is passable for the time, but why do people shit all over themselves when its mentioned?

its just so fucking dull.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LN5ej4bypa4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuckers in school telling me, always in the barber shop Chief Keef ain’t bout this, Chief Keef ain’t bout that My boy a BD on fucking Lamron and them He, he they say that nigga don’t be putting in no workSHUTTHEFUCKUP! Y’all niggas ain’t know shit All ya motherfuckers talk about Chief Keef ain’t no hitta Chief Keef ain’t this Chief Keef a fakeSHUTTHEFUCKUP Y’all don’t live with that nigga Y’all know that nigga got caught with a ratchet Shootin’ at the police and shit Nigga been on probation since fuckin, I don’t know when! Motherfuckers stop fuckin’ playin’ him like that Them niggas savages out there If I catch another motherfucker talking sweet about Chief Keef I’m fucking beating they ass! I’m not fucking playing no more You know those niggas role with Lil’ Reese and them.

same reason akira, astro boy and battle angel are popular.

the west likes movies that show Japanese as that super cool futuristic kid who totally knows everything about cyborgs and stuff.

Weebs

This belongs in Sup Forums faggot.

Its for videogame children that are too lazy to read Neuromancer

fuck off you pedantic twat.
this. why havn't we seen more films made in this vein. people love that cyber-ghost shit and neuromancer is the perfect platform. even snow crash is a great story, much shorter and easier to understand than this weeb shit.

>The voice actors are terrible, the lines are over-long and delivered badly

I don't think anybody likes the dub, it fucking blows. I tried watching it in English once and switched after just a few minutes. It also changes a good deal of the script for no particular reason.

The series, Stand Alone Complex, has a fantastic English cast though. I wish they'd just re-dub the Oshii film with SAC's cast.

SAC in general kind of beats the living shit out of the Oshii movies, though. There's really no contest.

>its just so fucking dull.

it's a pretty slow paced movie. I loved it because I already loved cyberpunk to begin with cause of Gibson.

>Its for videogame children that are too lazy to read Neuromancer

So you can't like GITS and Gibson? Why the false dilemma? Although, yes, Neuromancer is a much better story.

Anime adaptation was the best way to present GiTS. 2nd Gig was better than the rest.

>the lines are over-long and delivered badly
Nah, besides maybe in the boat scene they work fine. At least way better than in the second movie
>the animation is passable
Nigger please, its animation is a work of art, even recent animated movies can't compete with this level of quality and realism.

Why do you watch a cyberpunk movie if you don't like cyberpunk user?

>SAC in general kind of beats the living shit out of the Oshii movies
i found the opposite. SAC changed the personalities of the characters and pandered to fans too much. I wasn't really interested in the investigation-of-the-week format.

I do t think it's that bad but it is pretty overrated. The animation and sci fi concepts are all great but it doesn't work that well as a movie. There are scenes where the movie comes to a screeching halt so Major can babble philosophy to the viewer

i fucking love cyberpunk.

"i feel fear... cold... alone..." completely bland voice acting, monotone. its clear that the voice actors have to rush their lines in certain parts and it feels rushed. the only good voice acting is when the camera isn't showing faces, the VO guys seem to relax and deliver their lines way better.

what i dont understand is why the english dub doesn't have its own edit. instead of a shitty dub, actually fix the animations to match the voicework.

>camera isn't showing faces.
i know im retarded but you get what i mean.

>completely bland voice acting, monotone
well to be fair, the character she dubbed is supposed to be bland and monotone

So your only valid criticism is the bad dub?

I prefer SAC because I didn't really feel the films could properly play on the potential of characters and setting. SAC really fleshed out the members of Section 9 and had the time for story arcs like the dude who was skinning people alive and making them watch through his eyes. Also had the Tachikoma's arcs and GOAT Togusa. It's also the only dub I've ever heard that's honestly about on-par with the original cast.

I'll also say that I'm massively biased towards it because I cream my pants over Yoko Kanno's work, and SAC's OST is on par with Bebop's.

I don't dislike the Oshii films at all, though, I really like them. SAC just steals the show for me. I've yet to read the original manga, so I don't have that as a basis for comparison.

I'll tell you why.
It is anime and seems like it has half naked women in it. Every degenerate will like it.

faggot

pretty much. its just movie breaking for me. how can i enjoy it when im cringing through the voice acting?

i've watched the subbed version, its not as toxic to the ears.
this is true. but then the bad emphasis on certain words, like her one-liners. its like they recorded the shit once and were done. no direction required, no takes, just boom, done.

>The voice actors are terrible
lmao

Easily impressed teenagers
Its the same thing with South Korean movies

go back to your idol moéshit
GitS is anime for adults

So english dub is bad. What's new?

the only anime i ever enjoyed was teenage mutant ninja turtles when i was 6.

this. korean cinema is basically Hollywood 2. it's all edgy fedora dog shit. It gives plebs the ability to say they've seen foreign films and allows them to keep the same type of enjoyment they get from blockbusters.

This is the best anime film of all time. No one can prove me wrong.

>the animation is passable for the time
Please post a better example from the same year. I really do hope to discover some animation gem the world wasn't aware about.

thats definitely an updated edit.

the version i have is on dvd from the early 2000's, the animation is not that quality at all.

TOO SOON

"edited" version just poured piss filter all over the movie. You can't recrete those water effetcs in post editing.

Go rewatch your DVD, it's the same scene.

Good taste. I personally liked Stinky Bomb more.

but user. im watching it right now and i checked that water scene after you posted the gif.

the gif you posted has at least double the frames.

is there any recent update on this? Please say yes

Go buy a Bluray, the DVD has shit quality

Do you have any idea how animation works? Do you think years later the animation team met again just to draw more inbetween frames? If anything the problem is on your device.

The problem is you don't know what you're talking about.

I should have posted this thread on Sup Forums where it belongs. I would have gotten better results there.

It poses an existential philosophical question and gives a solid answer to it.

No pls axplain me since you seems to know more.
The only explaination is that they would have to draw more inbetween frames. If you know another technique that wolud save people work you should share it with us.

That's looks bad on your. It's imposible that the gif he posted is the "updated" version

Mitsuo Iso worked as key animator for this film, so I highly doubt you have an older version with less frames

clearly this isn't OP.

btw i did something illegal so i could show you what i'm watching and prove the point. i took this directly from the dvd im watching. so you can see what i can see.

'no'

>the animation is passable for the time,

It's one of, if not the best animated films of all tiem. East or West, 2D or 3D.

>watching the fucking dub

there are no words for how stupid you are

>don't trash talk muh animu
get over it dawg.

Weebs like the titties.
Weebs mistake bad storytelling for depth.
Weebs like the titties.

>watching the English dub

i have to admit i liked those long-winded city-scape scenes with the throat singing. for the first 20 seconds or so.

Its true, anime does have style over substance in 999 out of 1000 instances.

Adhd

Not a valid complaint if you're watching a dub, this isn't an English film.

>The guy who DISLIKES anime has ADHD
That's a rare accusation.

Its a perfectly valid complaint. It shows that no fucks were given if thee voice actors are bad.

>I got bored of long shots after 20 seconds

How can you guys watch anything other than capeshit

Where do you think you are? It's fucking Sup Forums

But anime is just as bad as capeshit, usualkusualkly worse. Lingering on background paintings to pad out its runtime and cut down on animation costs isn't artistry.

The american voice actors, who were not involved in making this film, did not give a shit about dubbing it, and that's a valid complaint?

You guys are shut at dubbing, this is not only a problem with this particular movie

>bored
how about cringing at pretentious faggots forcing "DEEP" down my eyeholes.

Every single English-dubbed work series and film is awful, so no it isn't a valid complaint.

No fucks SHOULD be given about the English dub, it's an unnecessary waste of money made to pander to the lowest of the very low.

neuromancer and snow crash are horribly dated by now. they should have been made into flicks by 1992 at the latest. if they came out now people would just accuse them of ripping off the matrix.

>You guys
But anime's literally don't give a fuck about matching mouth movement to speech. They get dubbed after being animated. At least the western voice actors try to match words to mouths. And yes the actors being shit is a legit complaint, it shows no one cared about the localisation. No one cared about making a decent product. Its not tthe actors being lazy, its those who decided to release a half added dub.

It's not post-production, the DVD releases often just looked like ass. The gif you're trying to say had "frames added", which isn't actually possible, is just low res and really smooth. It's the exact same fucking scene, that's how it looked in theaters, that's how it looks on the blu-ray.

you mean western audiences.

and you wonder why people look down on weebs. you might as well declare your allegiance to bushido and commit soduko you raging faggot.

>Muh opinions
Oh, I'm sorry weeb, you thought I cared?
Ghibli dubs, BTW.

It was clearly an stylistic choice. if you knew anything about how this movie was made then you wouldn't be saying that, that "background art" had a lot of work put into it to make it look vivid and organic, it's not like they just drew a painting

Lmfao, no rebuttal. I win.

considering i only read them in the last 5 years, i didn't feel outside of the dialog that they were very dated. maybe the skateboarding in snow crash...

but yeah, since those stories inspired so much stuff it would be hard for anybody not familiar with his work to not see it as a blatant rip off.

Yes, anime is very often style over substance. On this we agree.

the rebuttal is obvious mein hunde.
if you're going to sell your shit in a western market and want to be taken seriously, you put some fucking effort into the work you do. which is why anime will always be some fringe element of self-hating westerners that see "art" in foreign cartoons. the only anime to breach the weeb bubble in western markets has been studio gibli fantasy shit. because that nigga knows how to sell a cartoon.

>slow paced means style over substance

I though the few action scenes were well animated. Though yeah it does scenes with either minimal animation or no animation except for the mouths movement. Also the facial animation was rather inexpressive.

The art detail and cinematography were top notch though.

No, slow paced in an anime means reducing the amount of frames they actually have to animate.

By your logic we shouldn't be watching world cinema because how lazy those damn frogs are in marketing their movies to stupid Americans like yourself

I agree. What's your favorite movie?

noooooo thats not what i saaaaaaaid and you knooooooooooooooow iiiiiiiiiit

But world cinema releases very often do have decent dubs too. Its only weebs who say anime should be immune because dai nihon subarashi, baka gaijin.

die hard.

Again, wrong, there's lots of animation techniques out into those long shots. It doesn't necessarily mean they are cutting corners.

>the lines are over-long and delivered badly

>the animation is passable for the time
>passable

Jesus Christ, what is it like having such absolute shit taste?

This is a bait thread. Stop responding, friends. Make sure to use sage if you do decide to respond.

They don't take the Western market seriously though, and they don't try to. The dub that you rightfully loathe is bad, and you're right to think that it is bad, because the money and effort put into creating a dub and the rest of the release over here is minute. If they did care enough to put out a pristine product that matches the original then it would be an embarrassment, but luckily for all involved, they know that the type of person who is planning on buying their English dub will pay for any amount of shit regardless of the quality. They knew it back then and it hasn't changed now.

If you want to criticise the film for its flaws then do so, I'll do it with you, but complaining about the dub is just moronic beyond belief.

OK, sure thing weeb. Forgive this filthy westerner for daring to suggest your cartoonists are ever lazy. They draw each fram with dedication and craftsmanship we only see such dedication and artisan skill in mighty Katana or delicate Kimono, my filthy western brain can't comprehend its majesty.

Hes bang on on the animation though.

There are a few really stand out scenes, but the vast majority is stock stillness and barely animated faces. The animation has some good parts, but overall is lazy. The good parts only look great as they are framed by mediocrity.

>People judging a movie based on dubs
>People defending dubs
This isn't even about anime either. If you watch foreign films in general with a dub instead then you're just showing you're braindead

>Not enjoying a badly dubbed 70's Kung Fu Flick
Do you hate fun?

youtu.be/LN5ej4bypa4

Educate yourselves

>dude just turn your brain off

I judge threads on the quality of the dubs

fun is not the way of bushido! if he learnt anything from his kimono folding instructor it is this; subtitles are a test of determination and willpower.

Fuck off weeb, we don't care about decades old Japanese marketing for a cartoon with lazy animation for the majority of its runtime.

And what's wrong with that...?
People who claim they can't switch their brain off because they are too smart are almost always fucking autistic.

This is a pretty shitty thread then, but that was already obvious.

>the animation is lazy
>it's not, look at this
>f-fuck off WEEB

>Subtitles
Disgusting! A true weeb learns the language.

I watched it the other day and it was pretty garbage

>watching the dubbed version
how much more pleb can you get?

>the animation is passable for the time, but why do people shit all over themselves when its mentioned?
same reason as for blade runner: the atmosphere. also motoko vs. tank is ebin

last but not least, I am a huge fan of GITS:SAC.

>Here is a bit of marketing for the film as proof of how good it is
That's like saying, look at this coke advert, it proves coke is sweet and refreshing.

Because you're willingly enjoying and defending shit.

Fair enough if you enjoy it but don't force your shit-tasting habits onto other people.