So it's finally here guys, the 2017 XXL Freshman cover. Discuss your thoughts and opinions: who deserved the spot...

So it's finally here guys, the 2017 XXL Freshman cover. Discuss your thoughts and opinions: who deserved the spot, who didn't, who would you have liked to see that didn't make it? Personally i'm hyped for X, Amine and Ugly God to be getting some shine. No idea who the others are, except for Playboy Carti who is trash. Anyone worth checking out before i let their freestyles decide that for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zVtuzrR44no
youtube.com/watch?v=dzY6doznXQM
youtube.com/watch?v=P8G8Iw8VHNs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sucks

>Skinny jeans wearing emo teenagers
kek

I can't believe that just 10 years ago, XXXTENTACION raped and murdered his pregnant girlfriend and ate her fetus, and now he's a XXL Freshman. Truly sickening.

ass

>Lou Reed sweater
Damn...

he didnt rAPE THE FETUS STOP LYING REEEEEE

Maxo Kream and Joey Purp were snubbed hard

None of them will be relevant in 3 years except for maybe Playboy Carti

Xx, Carti and uglygod are alright but their meme rappers. Madeintyo is good. Maxo Kream deserved it more than any of these rappers.

Kamaiyah(?) is okay on at least a couple songs I guess

Fuck it up is pretty good

OP here. What about the faces you hoped to see? Did they miss anyone special to you? Personally i'm disjointedn Ski isn't there. Also, if not for the very small catalogue, i think Lou the Human deserved some attention.

fuck, i meant disappointed.

Glad X made it. Could care less about any of the others

>fuck X
>Carti and Kamaiyah are cool
>Ugly God, Kyle, and Anime are meh
>everyone else I have no clue, never heard of them before

i like ski more than x
would've like pump too cause he's such a fucked up young dude

I agree

why are all of them except for the m bison lookalike on the far right so damn ugly

Extremely bad list. Most of them will fade out in the next two years probably.

Also this

fuck X on artistic merits or just cause he's probably a violent asshole?

Memes aside he must be some sort of sociopath. I've seen footage

x and carti are the only ones that "deserve" to be on it, shit list yet again

Is this a Death Grips reference?

If they're goin for this kinda vibe why wouldn't they get $uicideboy$ on here
Ruby would at least be able to do a good freestyle

little of column A, little of column B
the production for his track are definitely the most interesting part of his music tho

Yes, but also the truth, and I can't find it anymore so if anyone has a link hit me up. He was beating that girl to the edge of death. If he slapped her or hit her that's one thing but he must have some sort of mental issues to be beating someone like that

Indeed that would have been cool. But let's be real here for a sec, if either of the suggestions ITT actually made it instead of the lesser rappers on the list, y'all would still be mad. I think Lou the Human suggested by OP here actually has some talent, but we got Earl Sweatshirt for when we get that 2000s Slim Shady nostalgia, we don't need him. At least X and Carti make music in an exciting new style, even if it's trash mostly. Don't get me wrong, i'm actually a fan of X, but i think it's all downhill from here for him. Would any rapper have made you guys happy? Personally i think they did good with their picks given the music environment. Is there any fresh new rapper in 2017 with actual flow, style and lyrical content?

>tfw no Lil Peep tho

Where is famous dex?

Ohhhh shit completely forgot about him.

Trips of truth can't lie, damn.

Im not condoning violence but saying that someone has mental illness for committing violence is pretty dum

Shit, i just realized. Where the fuck is Kevin Abstract? WHERE THE FUCK IS BROCKHAMPTON!?!?!

Kamaiyahs mixtape form last year was one of the years best hip hop releases.

youtube.com/watch?v=zVtuzrR44no

youtube.com/watch?v=dzY6doznXQM

youtube.com/watch?v=P8G8Iw8VHNs

I'm actually kind of pissed off that there wasn't any New York bias this year. This is the only year where it would make some sense, since rappers like Young M.A and Famous Dex are more deserving than Kap G or Kamaiyah.

Hey man I'm neither here nor there on this cypher I really like X for the same reason I like Death Grips. I think that there's something really beautiful that comes from aggressive male anger, it's something primal and something that everyone feels but conceals.
I just think $uicideboy$ need a lil more love for what they've done for the genre

not judging your tastes but there's a lot more reason to like death grips than x instrumentally

where is smino

>comparing death grips with xxxtentacion and suicideboys

kys

Young MA? Really? Meh, why do people like her? Is it just cause she has a vag? Her shit is like wack second-tier golden-era hip hop. Like Craig mack is better. Fucking Coolio is better. Stop trying to bring New York back, i mean damn i miss me some good boom-bap, but don't be desperate and praise any fucking lesbo that spits a rhymeYuh huh, they do, but so does Bones if we're getting to that. And he basically said on Twitter about the whole XXL thing, thanks but no thanks. Seems like him to shun the attention, and i bet the Suicidebois share this attitude.

You should really listen to her music before calling her trash and accusing me of "trying to bring New York back" or "praising any fucking lesbo that spits a rhyme."

I aint trying to put them on the same level as Death Grips I'm just saying I feel I enjoy them for same reason

That's true, desu i ain't too deep in her catalogue. I listened to like that OOOUUUUUU song, Kween and a few others that had music videos i can't remember. What do you recommend as a deeper cut that displays her talents better? Any particulat tape or project i should check out? I probably will listen to more of her shit anyway but based on the couple of songs i heard i'm not impressed.

EAT and Quiet Storm are her best songs. You should also check out her mixtape SleepWalkin.

Thx dude

I thought the same thing but desu none of them wouldve fit in and that new album only dropped like 3 three days ago

Remember, YOU'RE the ones who could've prevented this

I've seen several threads on here about this list and all of y'all said you voted for meme candidates like XXX

Only decent artists on here are Kamaiyah and A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie

Last year had at least 5 artists I enjoy

This is the worst Freshman class since 2013, even worse than that

Everyone except X was already decided before the voting for the 10th spot began. And everyone knew X would win the 10th spot, so there was really nothing we could have done to prevent this.

Dead genre

Dead thread too apparently

I meant 2012, that was the one with Hopsin, Iggy, and Macklemore

But at least those artists were interestingly bad, the 2017 niggas are all meme clones of each other except X whose just a bitch

2011 > 2014 > 2007 > 2013 > 2009 > 2016 > 2010 > 2012 > 2017 > 2015

>No Maxo Kream

Fucking XXL

Joey purp had one tape and maxo truly deserves it but isnt he in jail?

Next year

XXL Freshman List 2018

Trapo
Kur
Famous Dex
Kevin Abstract
Lil Pump
Smino
Ski Mask the Slump God
Westside Gunn
Nav
Syringe

Screencap this.

Cap'd. U forgot Lil Peep tho.

>Famous Dex

That faggot is trapping since like 2012 isn't he a little to "old" for this?

Montana of 300
Joyner Lucus
Kevin Abstract
Mick Jenkins

>pump
how
i sincerely don't get it
how do people genuinely like his shit. there's not a single redeemable quality to it. bad voice, bad production, bad hooks, bad lyrics, bad look, the kid is literally 15/16 so he's full of shit regarding everything he's talking about... it's the most inauthentic garbage ive ever heard in my life. if you sincerely like this kid's music you seriously need to reevalute your life. i think he's significant only because he managed to make the world's first objectively bad music

crying on instagram

look it up, he literally cried and shed tears because he didn't make the freshman list lol

EVERYWHERE I GO BITCH I GOTTA' HAVE MY THOTTIES

Pretty sure Montana was already on it but he's way past his prime popularity, he already faded away.

Kevin Abstract is really good but again i feel like he was already on.

Mick Jenkins is fading, is he were to be popular he would've already hit his stride.

famous dex
lil pump
lil peep
montana of 300

I've seen almost all of these names floating around and heard some of their music. So..

IDK who Kamaiyah and Kap G are. Kyle makes ridic catchy songs like Lil Yatchy but his shit is overplayed, annoyin, gimmicky and won't last.

I kinda like A Boog, Carti and MTYO. Amine too I guess.

should have been
>xxxtentacion
>playboi carti
>ugly god
>ski mask
>smokepurpp
>lil pump
>famous dex
>noname
>maxi kream
>da$h (if he was even eligible)

Pisses me off so much that Kyle is on this, and also kamiyah has such a small following line wtf. Glad amine made it but definitely not my first choice. Also boogie and pnb rock seem like lame choices. Also playboi and amine's faces look really similar on the cover

no. lil b made freshman in like 2014.

He made it in 2011

oh shit he did. damn it feels like just yesterday i was watching that cypher.

kamaiyah more like ka-byeeee-ah
boogie with a hoodie more like LMAO such a dumb name i don't need to change it
pnb rock more like piss nuts balls cock
xxxtentacion more like xxx_angry_child_69_xxx
playboy carti more like nayboy farty
madeintyo more like lameintyo
aminé more like anime is for fags loser
ugly god more like ugly dog (he's ugly)
kap g more like fap b
kyle

>kyle
kek

You're not wrong. But I would change Da$h to $uicideboy$

xxl doesnt do groups. fuck off with your memes.

>$uicideboy$
you don't know how the list works do you?

underrated bait

A genre objectively worse than reggaeton. And with 74 replies. jfc

It's a law of nature that every hip-hop thread on this board has at least one reply like this

And rightly so to remind you this shit is fucking awful.

>PEOPLE CAN ONLY LIKE GENRES I DO REEEEEEEE