I'm thinking about dropping a 1000$ on cryptocurrencies, long term. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking about dropping a 1000$ on cryptocurrencies, long term. Any suggestions?

I feel the Bitcoin train has passed, letting my grand sit in Etherium for 5 years is an option.

Any tips?, total newbie.

Other urls found in this thread:

ripple.com/
coinmarketcap.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ripple.com/

Don't go with Ripple, it's being pushed and inflated by the big banks and is their pet project.
Go with Bitcoin or Etherium.

Ripple is so cheap tho, maybe buy 200$ worth.

/biz/ is neck deep in crypto threads. I feel so bad being a no coiner.

Doge coin is cheap and still shit. Just because its cheap does not make it good.

Ethereum or litecoin

doesnt matter, just as long as it appreciates and you make fat stacks on the sale

i was a day 1 miner of dogecoin. i never have to work another day in my life

don't recommend investing in bitcoin right now. The price is at it's all time high. When a stock is at its all time high it has a lot of room to fall. In fact most good cryptos are at this place. Personally, I would invest that 1000 in 2 or 3 good gpus. An rx 480, 580, 1070, and 1080ti all have around a 4.5 month payoff period.

but bitcoin will hit 10k by 2021

Director of paypal recently said that bitcoin is reaching 10,000 in 10 years, if you want to invest and forget id go with that. Otherwise look for new and upcoming coins and drop 200 in each. One of them is bound to go up. Source: 5 years of trading

poloniex
bitfinex
btcpop

What to do if I have absolutely 0 money?

Bitcoin miner

Its easy to trade upwards it just takes time, next time you have 60 dollars put it into btc-e or another trading platfrom instead of buying a steam game. Once you get started its hard to stop.

Bitcoin mining isnt profitable anymore unless you have the 2000+ for an ASIC miner and unlimited cheap power

If you're actually interested op, log onto btc-e and watch thr prices rise and drop for a while. Before long you'll have a general sense of what you should and should not do. As long as you dont trade your full balance you should be fine. I beleive in you op.

wait what do you mean with the GPUs?
the prices go up once the stocks are sold out?

what's the best online platform to trade cryptocurrencies on

Personaly i think btc-e but everyones got their favourites. I like btc-e as the community is samller than other trading sites.

The gpu's are reference to mining bitcoin which can be achived through overclocking gpu's and joinging a mining pool. The problem with this is that the difficulty to mine coins goes up the more coins that a4e mined. So what you have now might be obselete in a couple months

>Cheap
>Third biggest market cap of all crypto, 38.5 BILLION supply.

You don't know what you're talking about

Bitcoin stocks wont sell out as more btc is momed everyday eventually sometime in 50 years it will but until then there is practically a guarunteed rise in btc long term. Almost worth using it as retirement. Dont go to btc if you like stocks though as btc prices can rise 20% in 20 mins when stocks take years to do the same.

unless you live somewhere where electricity is virtually free I think the days of mining has long gone im afraid. unless you have 500k to invest in a massive mining farm in china or something in the western world it just isnt viable using 2-3 gpus you will LOSE money consistently.

Do some actual research if you dont believe me.

+1 used to mine ftc off my gpu's in 2013, can barely get breadcrums nowdays. Only profitable through free power for work.

Diversify your portfolio, I personally bought Ethereum,Ripple,Dogecoin,Bytecoin, Litecoin, PinkCoin, Dash and Golem. Shits going great so far.

mine Dogecoins and pray

Roughly how much did you invest in each coin?
Whats your gain so far?

I tried to divide my money almost equally on all coins I purchase, but bought more ethereum and ripple. Started with 7000$ now I am at 26k

Fuuuuucccckkkk, you looking at a new batch of coins or are you gonna stick with what you got?

thanks, I'm stupid, this was pretty obvious explanation

Its all good man, if you really want to make some money jsut do some research online for a couple hours. Nowdays trading is more profitable than mining. Join a exchange and deposti 20 dollars. If anything its a good month of fun.

I recently sold my bitcoins and bought more altcoins (coins that are not bitcoin). I'm not sure really, I think in the longterm cryptos will continue to rise, specially after the next financial crisis (post qe-intervention), along with a lot of commodities like gold and silver, so I wont sell for sure, not until something big happens.

Awesome, im more into popularised alt coins like ltc,mnc and ppc but other than that im too much of a pussy to actually invest in something like pinkcoin

Pinkcoin is more of a gamble really haha. What about Doge? Asians are going crazy for doges..

I'm thinking 50% Etherium, 20% Etherium Classic 20% Ripple, 10% Litecoin.

sounds about right

>be a lazy poor student from Czechia
>have income like 100USD (but no real expenses)
>won't get a job in the next 4 years at least
>this sounds like free money
>have to act fast
what do

When did you start?

So if I have money and I want to invest it in crypto, what's de first step?
How and where do I buy it?
What should I do afterwards?
Or is it just an automatic process where I can retrieve all my money whenever I want?
Thanks for sharing what you know fellas

What exchange do you use?

Waves

2nd this.

Poloniex

Did some mining when i had free power in 2013. Kept bitcoins and forgot about them and came back arouns 6 months ago. Had around 5k in my account now im up to 14k. Most of my shit has been news articles mixed with unbeliveable luck though.

>>Whats the first step?
Create an acocunt on a stock exchange and do some hours of research.
>>How and where can i buy it?
Through your btc account (such as btc-e) you can deposit money from paypal or a bank accoutn into your wallet
>>what can i buy with it?
I usually deposit it into steam and amazon but as years go buy and bitcoin becomes more expensive companies will start axxepting it more widly. You could also put it back into your bank account for a HUGE fee.

This is exactly what I intend to do. Lots of upcoming coins are less than 10c each. It only takes one of them to go up to a few hundred dollars and you've made a killing. Bitcoin and Ethereum were both under 10c at one stage

Sorry for my breif explanations but if you have more questions please feel free to ask. Most of it will come naturally to you if you create an acount on a bitcoin exchange and watch how the market acts.

Its profitable but only if you have balls. Im a massive pussy so i dont have much experience outside of the theoretical aspects of it

Second this

Could be easy money, could be a quick way to lose all your money. For example, put it in Ethereum expecting it to skyrocket from the USD200ish it is now, and it falls to 2c.

>Ethereum or litecoin
ETH

so steam and amazon accept alt coins? huge fee to transfer out doesn't sound to good. unless you make a killing

XRP

Not alt coins but straight bitcoin. Paypal has somethi g crazy like 7% tax and the deposit has to be over $500

this lists all not-outright-scam currencies & assets
coinmarketcap.com/
>it will serve you as a great reference to see what is big and whats is not, more importantly, which coins have tremendously inflated prices for the number of coins available.
>you can see which coins are pretty much exclusively traded on a single exchange (a very bad sign)

before you buy, you need to know:
>which trustworthy fiat-BTC exchange operates within your country?
>what is spread?
>what is liquidity?
>what is "spreading your portfolio"?

each of these has a different timescale in which important changes are expected to occur. its not clever to mix fast-moving and slow/longterm assets in your portfolio. you want to have fixed intervals in which you check on all your coins, not a bunch of different stuff each with its own follow-up intervals

They could keep going up or they could all collapse at some stage soon. I have a feeling we've all largely missed the boat on this one. Would've been great to buy tens of thousands of dollars worth of bitcoin back when they were 5c each. Then again, the concept of doing that back then would've seemed outrageous, like flushing money down the toilet.

Seconded, this made me hard. Now i have a fetish for welths of knoledge, fuck.

Exacrly why i think my small dick is justified. Bottom line trading like this is basically horse betting.

>welths of knoledge

i see, bitcoin would be a long game investment i assume. so does the exchange take a sum every time exchange coins?

If i could spell it properly id just constantly have a boner. Cause then id be a wealth of knoledge too. Plus im retarded so that doesnt help.

Depends on the exchange usually they take a super small amount of usd when you buy and a super small amount of bitcoin when you sell. If you are thinking long term investment i would hang around soem btc exchanges for a while until btc drops. Its up 40% right now and is over schedule for a correction.

I could also be wrong and btc coild just keep rising. Thats the price you pay for crypto

>So if I have money and I want to invest it in crypto, what's de first step?
0. accept that transaction fees above 20€ are part of the game, dont do this unless you have >1000€ expendable funds to start with
1. find an exchange in your country that trades [your bank account currency] vs [bitcoin]
2. execute a trade, try to not trade at a rate more than 5% above what winkdex.com says is the average price
3. split that bitcoins into equal parts, store one into a paper wallet after doing some reasearch on what makes a paper wallet secure
>How and where do I buy it?
4. transfer the other parts each into a different exchnage (bitfinex, poloniex, bittrex, etc etc) - trade it for altcoins there
>What should I do afterwards?
5. sit back and set a reminder when you want to check back on your coins value (e.g. 2 weeks). promise not to sell your coins the first time you check.
6. do not panic if it decreased after the first checking. reset the timer, check back later.
7. sell if the price significantly increased the second time. hold if you expect movement up. also sell if one of the coins appears to have completely stalled or development team appears to be absent.
>Or is it just an automatic process where I can retrieve all my money whenever I want?
Nope. Most altcoins must first be traded back into bitcoin until you can male them into your local currency again

yeah, was guna lurk and get a feel for a while, play around with some alts perhaps.

paypal auto coverts right? or would it be best to find an exchange in my own country

Np, I'll look into it.
Where do you suggest I start?
Or with coin should I look up into first?

I really want take a deep dip on this, but I guess it better to do it carefully and slowly

Im im aus and usually use usd because its the most "universal" in my books. Not sure about paypal as i havent done much shit with it.

Good stuff there user. Don't have that/much at all money to waste so a bad idea for now.

Need another money scheme first.

yeah, unless you really know you have >1000€ money you really can afford to lose, theres no point in crypto.

for most people here
>recolate to a country with proper minimum wage
is the better investment advice anyway

I would recomwnd that you follow the other guys post as it shows oyu what you need to know at the start. If you already know some normal terms and are familiar with the lingo then educate yourself on the history of btc and how mining can effect trading. Other than this msot stuff can be learned through personal experience. Losing a hundred once could make a you a thousand a month later. Whatever you do, dont trade like a noob. If you are investing know why you are investing. This could be ltc's segwit activation or even if ebay just started accepting bitcoins directly.

I have about 33 btc. I'm a rich motherfucker.

I've bought, mined, traded and read about cryptos since 2011. I've had 2 million dollars worth in my possession at the current values... and sold them all to buy alcohol, crack and heroin after my fiancé left me.
I know cryptocurrencies.
I will do no more to convince you, I will not even read replies, I am leaving this thread as soon as I've clicked post.

The answer to your question op, is xmr. That is the currency which will at some point, rocket in value.

It's up to you whether you believe me or not. I sold 40,000 of them wh n they cost fuck all, i no w own a whole entire fucking 2.

Want to be rich? There. Buy, hold, sell, fuck bitches.

Brb getting drunk and contemplating suicide.

Fuck me, feeling charatible?

Bitcoin train has passed?

This is why people never put their money in something that's quadrupling every year.

No. Bitcoin is solid. They were saying that last year when the price was six hundred. In the last two months the price has went from 1600-2200.

Still gaining, sometimes exponentially, and occasionally it takes a hit but they're comparitively small compared to the gains and the upward trend is better than anything else.

You know what? I used to have thousands of dollars worth of bitcoin when they were worth less than a dollar a piece. Then I sold them all at 28 dollars a piece and thought I was a super genius. Because, at that point, I THOUGHT the bitcoin train had passed.... and then what happens? 100X fold increase over the next five years.

throwing away "todays value" of 2 millions is nothing in crypto, bruh. pretty much all crypto traders did more than that.

sure, its always clever to keep *some* amount of coins after every trade incase it moons ridiculously later. but at the time, nobody could have reasonably predicted how large bitcoin was going to get before experiencing its first (minor) technical challenges.

Probably not going to read this but why xmr? Is something happening with it or are you just guessing?

Yea, fuck you

Im hurt. But still down

Damn that must suck... you would've had millions
of dollars worth now. Then again lets face it, who honestly bought bitcoins when they were less than $1 and still has them now? Surely people sold them when they were worth $20 or $50 or at the very most a few hundred dollars

You put processing power into something and get an e-diploma in return? What decides the value of cryptocurrency?

the value of bitcoin makes extreme scritiny reasonable, whereas at 1$/piece nobody cared and nobody looked for problems.

it is more likely than ever before that someone uncovers a "holy fucking shit" level vulnerability that makes so many people lose trust in the currency that another currency takes the formerly dominant position of bitcoin.

the risk of rapid devaluation is approaching its highest point in the history of bitcoin. investing in bitcoins in 2013 was more reasonably than it is now.

Someone want to invest in me?

The amount of people who want it mized with the amount of bitcoin that is mined. Lets put this into perspective. You stack one book on top of another and get 1 bitcoin you put 1 more on top of that you get another. You keep going and as the stack get higher it gets harder the stack them without it falling over. Now having thay bitcoin is more valuable as it is harder to get. This mixed with the demand for an anonymous currency that cant be traced results in bitcoin and others.

Ill buy you some lipstick and a wig so that the guys will be more inclined.

Wouldn't it be a beter plan to learn how foreign exchange works and invest there rather?

Sold

Try it and come back to tell us

dont buy bitcoin now, wait to see where it stops rising. it will fall down and just explode after a year

buying etherium is a stupid idea 9/10 times. avoid it completely.

You could buy bitcoin now but it's not guaranteed to rise to $10k yet

+1 as the guy who said ita expected to rise to 10k, i want you guys to know that theres more and more pressure for a drop in price

I only want 100% of profits and full use of your bodt in return. Deal?

>dont buy bitcoin now, wait to see where it stops rising. it will fall down and just explode after a year

why is eth stupid?

800 on eth, 200 on xrp

As long as you take of me. Deal.

Its mooning right now and seems to eb on its peak after increasing by almost 60 dollars in 1 day. In the offchance it repeats this behaviour thats good. If not thats bad hence 9/10

So, you want it in bitcoins then? Send me a link

What's even harder though is I talked to a guy on a travel forum who STAYS on PERMANENT vacation. And these some ostentatious 4 star vacations.

How did this guy strike it rich. He bought 5k worth of bitcoin like I did when they were worth just a few cents. Only difference is he never cashed out fully. Only at those odd points when it peaked at worth 2-4k a pop.

What did I do? I sold mine at 28 and patted myself on the back for the wise financial decision. I'm a fucking moron.

Well, honestly, probably smarter than most because I saw a bitcoin boom coming, I just predicted when it would top out completely wrong. I made many thousands that summer... but had I have been wiser I'd be set for life.

I calculated last year if I sold at 600 (now worth 2200 dollars and counting) dollars that I would have 1.7 million. If I sold at those few crazy peaks probably several million.

Not that prepared yet.
I need a wallet. Rest in peace.

When ya get one i am more than happy to depostie 5 dollars for some cheap makeup