Jared Leto's Joker was not the worst thing in this movie

Jared Leto's Joker was not the worst thing in this movie.

It certainly didnt really fit in or add value to the movie but it was a perfectly okay interpretation of the joker.

Or am I the only one who thinks this?

I was cringing every time he showed up. His portrayal felt forced and not organic, I felt I was watching Jared Leto playing the joker rather than seeing the joker. I had to watch the dark knight after the film.

he was pretty fucking bad but the editing and cara delevingne were worse. would comfortably slot him in at #3 though..

honorable mentions to most of the character designs, premise, and joel kinnaman

He was trying very hard to imitate Heat Legend. It wasn't good.
Compared to the rest of the movie though every single second he was in was pure kino.

t. DCockroach

sorry reddit

I know you really wanted it to be good, but you gotta let reality in

Doubt it was his idea to slap ICP tattoos all over himself.

he actually was the worst part of the movie.

I groaned every time he was on screen. He was like a bad impression of The Mask, not even the Jim Carrey Mask, the Jamie Kennedy one

He wasn't Jesse Eisenberg bad, but he was pretty fucking awful. Also you're right he wasn't the worst part of the movie, Margot Robbie was.

>Jesse Eisenberg and Jared Leto will have a scene with each other eventually

>ding ding HONKA HONKA

God the DC universe is just such a fucking huge disaster I cant even imagine. The ham levels on those scenes will never be topped if filmed. I almost cant wait.

this scene will out-meme tdkr intro so hard

I didnt think he was bad at all. He was nothing like Heath Ledger's joker, I don't know why people are saying that

Ledger's joker was far more anti-social and edgy wheras Leto's was a thug/gangsta style crime boss

No, I thought he was pretty great actually, not quite what you'd expect, sort of a more modern thug lens on what Nicholson did. I wish they had shown more of him.

He was a bit too much, even for the joker. But he was such a side character compared to the others...was it really worth showing him at all?

He was a shitty character. He was an even worse Joker.
>sitting around his hideout, that isn't clown themed, surrounded by weapons and baby clothes
>breaking into a facility that is working closely with Waller and government in full on "We're with the Joker" attire
>sneaks into military facility to hijack a single helicopter in the middle of a huge top secret military operation
>never once considers "what if they shoot at us"
>enters an evacuated city with god knows what going on and a giant beam of energy in middle of city
>all for a bitch
Joker is a slave to the pussy

He had his take on the character. I think it is not that bad as people making it out to be. Best way to be sure if it is good or bad is seeing him in action against Batman in a Batman movie. I mean how could you say he sucked he wasn't in the fucking movie.

I love this guy.

>Even actor Jared Leto wasn't safe from Ayer's twisted vision.

>"One time I did my scene and David turned to me and said 'What if someone just stood in the middle of an editing room and yelled 'CUT'. Maybe the critics in the magazines would forget their trained routine of rating DC movies shit.' My jaw hit the floor and it never really came back up. That's when I thought, is he getting in character to play a hack, or is being a hack something that's been in him all along?"

>"Sometimes i would go to look at the scripts, and I noticed David had scribbled something through my lines. It was stuff like 'What if I cut all of Leto's scenes? Would the movie still be good?' and 'LIGHTS. CAMERAS. FLOP.' I had to ask him to stop because I was feeling too scared to act."

strong synthesis/reversal, questionable execution

7/10, ill allow it

Leto is /ourguy/
>shoots naked scene
>Ayer cuts it
>probably into his spank bank

It did feel that at least vocally he was doing a Heath impression

I thought Leto's Joker was great. I just wish he had more screen time. He was one of the few good things about this fucking disaster of a movie.

Fight me Sup Forums

How the fuck can a fit, successful, well hung alpha be Sup Forums's guy?

I thought that in both mannerisms as well as speech, he was actually a lot closer to Carrey's Mask.

That wasn't a bad thing for me.

Not really. More like a Jack Sparrow and Aku from Samurai Jack

This, he's not even autistic like Goose

Where is this meme coming from that Leto was copying Heath? He literally could not have been more different.

jesse eisenberg was pretty good though

No

Go back to Readdit, Jesse

Now that Suicide Squad is done and dusted, MOM'S GONNA FREAK posting will slowly dwindle away.

:-(

>people say that the entire casts hates him when it's not true and they just want it to be
>unreasonable hatred out of the blue because reasons
>gets called a rapist and thus viciously hated by tumblr and feminists even though women line up to get fucked by him
>6+ months of shooting, 99% of his work gets cut because muh pg-13
>stories of his pranks get exaggerated to hell and back and he gets painted as literal Satan

Definitely /ourguy/

>anime
>reddit
oh you're just shitposting, that's fine then

>DING DING DING
>Oh!
>Hm!
>Mmmm!
>Uh.

He was great alright.

I liked Eisenberg's Lex, too. It wasn't just a rehash of past incarnations, and was brave enough to explore new territory, much like Hackman's Lex did back in the Donner films.