youtube.com/watch?v=1ouaym0D9hw
youtube.com/watch?v=L74fVYDbkjw
youtube.com/watch?v=MsWbNMtxAAk
youtube.com/watch?v=cQGuDV1z3ew
youtube.com/watch?v=FMYdO2O5FS0
youtube.com/watch?v=dkVcwrL1hog
youtube.com/watch?v=YA0VI-5EBIw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we actually have real folk music hundreds of years old.

Man, I'm from El Salvador but I really wish I was Irish.

You guys are amazing. Never met a single Irishman who wasn't a complete bro. Your girls are also hot af and your accents make my heart melt.

Plz, adopt.

Pretty decent. Though Wolfe Tones are kind of shite desu
youtube.com/watch?v=DehychgRSDk

Our country is romanticised too much. It's pretty miserable in reality.

Sorry, forgot to contribute.

This is the song of my people:

youtube.com/watch?v=MCy0JH18Nco

Unironically great.
youtube.com/watch?v=NorgJ0zivAA

We have the dopest fiddles ever

youtube.com/watch?v=cc-WGo4N8h8

Top that

Traditional singing is alright too

youtube.com/watch?v=1ouaym0D9hw

South Afri-fag here. The Zulu guitar style known as maskanda is pretty cool when borrowed into a rock context; e.g. by Johnny Clegg in the 80s, and more recently by pic related.

Celtic folk music is awesome.

Damn, that's pretty cool! There's a really intriguing tonality to it, the last link doesn't even sound European.

My brother

I know it's hardly relevant to this thread but if you like hardingfele and like prog I have to recommend this little gem with Sigbjorn Bernhoft and Saft: youtube.com/watch?v=L74fVYDbkjw

not a fan of celtic stuff desu

Do you mean folk like "traditional" or folk like Bob Dylan?

Traditional obviously

either/or

Italy here. My father is from inner Abruzzo which is a cold ass mountainous wasteland tormented by earthquakes where the only nice you could do is getting shitfaced drunk and sing
Enjoy youtube.com/watch?v=MsWbNMtxAAk

American so most traditional folk music here is some hick shredding on a banjo rattling off about dead outlaws and dutch people, it's ok.
Injun music is ok and so is hawaiian.
Spirituals can be good if the singers are good, mixed bag.

I see your Wolfe Tones, and raise you a Seán Nós

youtube.com/watch?v=cQGuDV1z3ew

i have waited a lifetime to post this
youtube.com/watch?v=FMYdO2O5FS0

Brazil. There's some folk music that kinda brings out feelings of US country but with different influences (depending on where you are they lean towards Portuguese folk or traditional African music), samba which is honestly more interesting when mixed with other stuff, down South it mixes a whole lot of influences that kinda sound like Argentinian and Uruguayan music but with more Italian and German influences and less Spanish influences... And I happen to come from the city where none of this matters at all because there's just too many people so everyone brings at least something to the table and it also developed a pretty big punk rock scene (and later a post-punk and hardcore punk scene).

I honestly quite like some fusions with samba, bossa nova is great in that it's jazz that works a lot more on the rhythm than on the melody.

unironically great
youtube.com/watch?v=dkVcwrL1hog

better version
youtube.com/watch?v=YA0VI-5EBIw