Interesting things thread

Interesting things thread.
What is the most extraordinary item you own?
I got a small meteorite and an old ecyclopedia from 1830.

Nice

So do you have them in a showcase or...?

this is the best thing i own

got arrowheads from north america ~800 years old. got the beak of a puffin. A 300 year old landcard of scandinavia, 30 books of old stamps 100 to 200 years old. and some 60 year old paintings, probly worth nothing but i like them

Please post the map, this sounds great!

My stuff:

A piece of coral reef, some old books (most are in bad shape tho), a piece of the berlin wall, flourescent fish in my fishtank, a tooth of a mossasaurus and some other fossiles

Thats a nice toy user.

I have this really old little compass pin that I know absolutely nothing about

I too have an Arrowhead collection.

Found on my grandfathers farm in Iowa years ago

Are those common in the us?
How deep ungerground were they?

>Sign from a liquor store in Hempstead, NY
>found it in the gutter after Hurricane Sandy

Love your collection, nice globes

While doing construction on my house in New York, we dug up many artifacts from when British redcoats were staying in the small house in our yard. We found many british coins from the 1700's , we found a few guns and swords, and I think we found some civil war artifacts as well

W-what!?
NO WAY!

I have requiem

My girlfriend always wanted to play the violin and started doing so 4 months ago. When we visited my parents a month ago she mentioned it and my father said wait a moment and returns with pic related. French violin from 1949, belonged to my great-grandfather.

We had it fixed for little money despite it laying in an attic and a garage for decades. The violin maker said it's very well made and sounds great. Apparently, it is worth ~12'000$. Never knew we had a violin, it's nice to have a family heirloom, I might even try to learn to play because of it.

Are you from Norway?

yeah

Nothing much really, though my dad has a bunch of african wooden statues from when he was a sailor

I recognized the places mentioned on your - can you share a full picture of that map please?

Netherlands

alright, give me a second

That's sick m8, only instrument my parents ever gave me was a shitty electric keyboard so I learnt to play the mine craft theme song on it

I did

I have the first ever Ponyfinder book (drivethrurpg.com/product/125583/Ponyfinder--Campaign-Setting) that was printed. It says 'PROOF' on the back.

I have the calling card of this god-level jazz guitarist who heard me playing and wanted me to join his band.

I have a nail dug up from underneath my garage that is at least 100 years old, as well as a collection of bottles and china recovered from underneath that dates back to the 1800 ish.

And lastly: an antique splash symbol made in japan.

minecraft is love
minecraft is life

>will that attract the kids?

A 14th century manuscript
A cat
~70 oil paintings of flowers & pigs
Tinnitus
Star Trek fanfic written by a 16yr old girl
The smell of lilacs

Ah, pardon. That was my bad. I should lurk a bit harder and stop being a newfag

Looks like shitty generic rent to own

Babe Ruth signed baseball. First printing of Marquis De Sade''s "120 days of Sodom" and Justine. 1874 Sharps Hartford rifle. WWII generals Katana and a bunch of German stuff (iron crosses, youth knives, party pins, pamplets) my grandfather brought back.

no worries

Well, what to expect from an instrument that was last played in the 50ies and had to endure varying temperatures / humidity. It's a testament to how well it is built that nearly nothing had to be fixed. Sure, the finish is a little less glossy and all that, but that's not important.

Not sure, I didn't collect them, they were handed down to me