The Office

Why was the US version of The Office so much better than the original UK version?

Looking back and watching the UK version, it comes off like a VERY cheap fan-made series imitating the US adaptation.

Which version does Sup Forums prefer?

2/10 reply

Stromberg beats both of those angloshits. Deutschland uber alles

your reply truly was 2/10

Theyre both terrible

>Looking back and watching the UK version, it comes off like a VERY cheap fan-made series imitating the US adaptation.
Probably because it had about 1/10th of the budget.

That's because the american version is quirky people doing quirky things while the british version is kafkaesque.

Think of it this way.

The Office US: Shitty blockbuster movie
The Office UK: Timeless Japanese foreign films

This.

The original revels in the hilarity of how tragic life is. It's a lot more cerebral.

2/10 thread, too obvious and not very original.

He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you ever done?

Because Gervais is an insufferable cunt

The UK version was meant to look like a documentary. The US version was just a standard meme sitcom.

I saw the Brit version first, and I thought the American was terrible when it first came out, and now I think the American is far superior; however, I still think the Brit version is still pretty great.

The character development was much better in the American version, and in retrospect, the British almost seems like an art project.

The US version is a sitcom, with jokes. The UK version is realistic.

Bait.

this picture could be the symbol of the ancient fight between plebs and intellectuals. yes, the pleb is winning. yes, they make more money, they are more popular... but we intellectuals know deep down that we are right

Americans really are a bunch of tasteless subhumans

I wish that you didn't speak English so we wouldn't have to put up with you

>The original revels in the hilarity of how tragic life is.
Yes.
>It's a lot more cerebral.
No.

>The UK version is realistic

Except when they pull the pants off the guy revealing his flaccid cock as a practical joke. You would be fired for that, end of. In fact the British version has no scenarios that are really more realistic, the cast is just less likeable, which I guess is more realistic. David is certainly not a retard like Mike, but he is beyond cringe to the point of not believing such a man exists.

I tried watching UK Office again yesterday after loving it years ago, couldn't get through the first episode, the cringe is too intense, and Gervais just is not fucking funny anymore, now that we know he's essentially David Brent in real life, it's too real.

also there's no characters besides Brent and Gareth that actually meant anything.

>It's a lot more cerebral

it really isn't, it's a cunt running an office full of dead eyed burnouts and the "cerebral humour" is "oh look how shit this is lol the boss is an obnoxious tool"

This. The humor in the two series is different. The Office US draws more of the Greg Daniels humor, where it's relatable while still managing to be a commentary. UK Office isn't more cerebral, but the the Tragic is more apparent in Tragicomedy. It's not cringe like Peep Show, but the characters are more pitiable.

The us office is just a generic sitcom though, completely misses the point of the original

Mein neger

US version has best indiafu

Yeah and I wish you Eurofags would stop importing filthy radical islamic trash into your countries and acting like pussies anytime someone fires off a gun.

It's actually hilarious to what extent it misses the point of the original. Naming the actors in the opening titles and having an already established actor as the main character, despite trying to be a fake documentary.

Pretty sure Carrell only did 40-Year Old Virgin before this, he wasn't established yet.