Why is RuneScape's sooundtrack so good?

Why is RuneScape's sooundtrack so good?
It's not the nostalgia, i remember being obsessed about it back in 2008.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RH5rEvxFLvM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFGKGcARQT0
youtube.com/watch?v=tX6gSMocHaE
youtube.com/watch?v=Dwa-81884m8
youtube.com/watch?v=JkR7zClEkAo
youtube.com/watch?v=j0QqDdoHpjw
youtube.com/watch?v=v-QWMkE7rgw&ab_channel=Yann
youtube.com/watch?v=5X1gC3BLq2w
youtube.com/watch?v=QSkvyG3H_KM&ab_channel=OldScapeMusic
youtu.be/8DnDytArsqE?t=27m26s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

God tier dungeon synth

i would attribute it to a few things

1. the soundfont is distinct

2. the compositional techniques are excellent and capture the medieval/fantasy archetype in a unique and refreshing way; it isn't just "generic action movie arpeggio timpani string section" stuff, it kinda disregards alot of cliche expectations about fantasy music and just exists in a chill and original way

3. you and i spent every moment of our free time on that game and remember every detail about it

It's nostalgic for me, but as the other user said, it's all built very well and is actually interesting to listen to. It stands out and is quite memorable.

Honestly I wish my life could perpetually be the experience of Runescape circa 2002-2004 when I was young. Nothing in real life has measured up to how that game made me feel. I'll never be that happy.

Genuinely creative and catchy melodies

Me too man

posting best song
youtube.com/watch?v=RH5rEvxFLvM

After not listening to music from this game for about 10 years I just put on the OST on YouTube and holy fuck my whole life flashed before my eyes
Wasn't even expecting to remember this holy shit

youtube.com/watch?v=ZFGKGcARQT0

tune

Minecraft has unironically a great soundtrack

Did someone say Runescape soundtracks?

you just described my life in primary school. Fuck i gave up on my life back then already and played like 10 hours a day when I was just 9. I literally didn't give a shit about anything but RuneScape till I was 14.
And just like you said, I want it to experience the game like I did back then. But the discovering aspect becomes much more watered down when you become older.... And osrs is full of bots.

cry a little nostalgic tear with me boys

youtube.com/watch?v=tX6gSMocHaE

This shit is so fucking good desu

youtube.com/watch?v=Dwa-81884m8
youtube.com/watch?v=JkR7zClEkAo

Fuck me man. This just wants to make me cry. Ripped from the comment section
Think back. The year is 2005. You are a young child, wasting his days away at a computer screen, unlocking all the mysteries of Runescape. Countless hours being spent doing mindless and uninteresting tasks that are somehow so compelling, like chopping trees, burning logs, killing goblins, gathering gold, creating friendships with strangers, and standing in Lumbridge castle saying "press 111 for hot bf." You have absolutely no cares in the world - no bills to pay, no job to wake up to, no pestering responsibilities. Just you, a computer, and Runescape. I miss that. No worries other than that guy "xXx1337saucexXx" calling you a noob. Remember your childhood and its mystical presence in your consciousness. It is gone forever.

Fuck man the nostalgia is killing me
I love it and hate it and the same time

Did you all like just remember OSRS existed? Damn...

I'm fucking playing it right now boi 2100 total

Fuck man thanks for reminding me

Playing osrs makes me feel depressed, as only bots and people who don't give a shit about adventures like pkers play it.

not true by the way

>dungeonsynth

Basically

how many of you guys vargpost? just out of curiosity. prisonvarg was basically runescape ost

Really? Everytime I play it people look like they only care about making fat stax... Maybe I should give it another go.

Literally everyone knows this

I tend to do it when relevant, Sup Forums could use a bit more metal & Varg

>this is what the runescape soundtrack sounds like today

youtube.com/watch?v=j0QqDdoHpjw

Ew that's what it LOOKS like? Damn famn

Is this real? What the fuck

I miss 2005 playing on windows xp, going to miniclip.com and finding out about runescape and spending my time in varrock sewers killing skeletons with Fire bolt

Well shit, after quickly clicking through a few vids on the recommended and listening to a few seconds of them, I can confirm user wasn't cherry picking. Rest in piece
youtube.com/watch?v=v-QWMkE7rgw&ab_channel=Yann

I refuse to believe this is real, it sounds like the spooky scary skeletons remix

I wanna die

Disgusting.

wow music > runescape music

Guys don't bother replying to this guy this is the only (You) he'll get from us

no way this wasn't made it garage band

>buying gf
>It's In My Blood starts playing
>mfw

runescape is just a shitty Ultima Online ripoff and Ultima's OST is far superior
youtube.com/watch?v=5X1gC3BLq2w

t. person that will never be able to relate to the RuneScape nostalgia

no because I wasn't a faggot kid who played inferior MMOs

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=QSkvyG3H_KM&ab_channel=OldScapeMusic

Runescape is infinitely more unique but WoW has some good music too

if you didn't have the mental capacity of a kid you wouldn't be caught up in mmo company wars in fucking 2017 to begin with lmao

wut?

while we're on soundtracks...

youtu.be/8DnDytArsqE?t=27m26s

Playing a reissue of an excellent game when you're in your twenties is incomparable to playing the original version when you were 10.

Despite the fact that this game is most likely the reason that I'm the underdeveloped autist that I am today, I would go back and do it all again given the chance. Such a great fucking game.

It's not the same, man. All my old friends have moved on, my friends list is totally red, and no one talks to each other anymore. Most people (that aren't bots) consider talking to others a chore these days. If I ask someone what's up, they'll either tell me fuck off or hop worlds.

Not only that, but the excitement of discovering the game is gone. I know the world map like the back of my hand. It's just boring, man.

It might be the same game, but it's not the same game, if you know what I mean.