Serious question Sup Forums, I need your opinion on suicide

Serious question Sup Forums, I need your opinion on suicide.

My last thread just went 404 with a nice guy telling me to live my story and ... live... When I never stated I wanted to kill myself. It was like basically a vicious circle, if you feel good you must live, if you feel sad you must die... and everyone is thinking that if a person is sad or lonely they will kill themselves.

And even if they did... What's the point, I mean why some people try to save the people on the edge of killing themselves... They are already dead inside, they see the world with other eyes, even if they continue there's no guarantee they'll be happy... or they'll do something for anyone to benefit... Maybe they'll even turn to psychopaths and murder you one day, ever thought about that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OFzXaFbxDcM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eh. Do whatever you wanna do. Just know that you are not special in anyway just because you want to kill yourself. Nobody cares about nobody. You're just too much of a wuss so you let it affect you

Well as someone who seriously considered suicide in the past and who felt all of the things you're talking about, I try to convince people not to kill themselves because there is a chance of them being happy again. It's not a promise, or a certain, but it is a chance. And since I'm one of the people who found contentedness after mind numbing despair, I believe trying to get a happy go out of life is worth it.
The verdict on how good your life were doesn't come out until you die. If you choose to die early, then your life will definitely have been shit, instead of only partially shit, with some good parts mixed in.

That was not the point of my question... but yeah... I get your point... Most people say that they want to kys just to be special... thinking it's some kind of a game...

I've been there too, didn't went to therapy tho... I reached a conclusion that it's not worth killing myself since when you do it, all you do it worsen shit up... You don't fix a problem, you just make it worse... As for continuing, yeah, it's going from bad to worse... because on the social ladder i'm just going up... It's like having everything some people want... but you see it from your own miserable existence... and thinking to quit now and kys is out of the question. Being brave for so long and suddenly chicken out will just make it a lot worse for anyone and everyone you helped on your way up.

Go look into therapy then, there are some legitimate methods out there.
I personally have had very good results from seeing a cognitive behavioral therapist, who helped me get from being so anxious that I had to psyche myself for 8 hours to go grocery shopping, to getting to a point of functioning almost normally now.
I also had great help from participating in mindfulness meditation classes.

People certainly do care about one another. You may not, but you're not all people.

Advice like yours is like a thug claiming they keep it "real". Yes, they keep the hellscape of their reality real by perpetuating the stupid nonsense that made it a hell for them.

I keep my decent house in the suburbs real by not shooting my annoying neighbors and reporting shit so troublemakers get kicked out. Fuck'em. They can go create their stupidity elsewhere.

There is no ultimate philosophical point. You're free to choose one to pursuit, of course. But there's no fundamental truth to be found.

One can't enjoy life once they cease to be. Nor can they suffer it.

Suicide is something you should contemplate for years, never a snap judgement. You've likely experienced little of life's possibilities.

Is death preferable to walking from your situation? Just leave. It drops all your externalities and allows you to experience a new life afterwards.

If it's medical or mental, I'm sorry. That shit can be hard, and there isn't really walking from it.

Have a good one, mate.

Well I don't have that kind of problems, I don't have anxiety... and I go out... My problem is that I sometimes overthink stuff and get me to a point where I won't do shit (willingly)...

Also, bad experiences from my past restrain me to do some shit now... Also because of those experiences I became very selective... It's my way or no way. That's why I decided I won't get a gf, that's why making friends is so hard... because on their first "rebellion" point I filter them out.

This kind of attitude really helped me get way up on the social status scale... People want me do do business with them, people want me to work for them because I do my stuff like a perfectionist... and to be honest, that's great... but when you come home, and it's 2AM like it's now... this loneliness feel like shit... like shit in what way?... Well the brain tells you this: "you do everything that you do for what? who's going to be cheering for you when you have a success, who's gonna give you their shoulder when you fail, who's gonna give you a tissue when you're crying"... And you know, you snap out of it, you say to yourself that you and yourself are all that you need to do all of it, and you raise your head and take on another day, good or bad... but when 2AM comes again you live the same episode again, the same questions... And it's driving me insane... even if I know MY answer, even if I know the RIGHT answer... these questions are just on repeat every fucking day...

Just a little question. What new life? I mean, what new life is after death... Isn't that just philosophy combined with fantasy?
Yeah, I studied a little about the medical issues that make you kill yourself and I agree, that's fucked up... and in my opinion those are the only persons that need to be helped... The others... it's a momentary decision... that they don't have the time to regret afterwards if they go through with it.

>My problem is that I sometimes overthink stuff and get me to a point where I won't do shit (willingly)...

>Also, bad experiences from my past restrain me to do some shit now... Also because of those experiences I became very selective... It's my way or no way. That's why I decided I won't get a gf, that's why making friends is so hard... because on their first "rebellion" point I filter them out.
That sounds kind of anxious to me user.

I do... I mean, I want to know... and I don't think it's bad to get to gather some opinions on that.

Whenever i think about suicide i just tell myself it's too late i should of done it when i had the chance i've been thru too much shit to go back now, someone would have to motivate me to do it so i fully commit to it

Plus i bet 90% of the fagges her don't know who ryan dunn is

Yeah, in some situations... That doesn't mean you suffer from anxiety... Everybody has those moments... when you have an important test, when you get your drivers license, when you say yes... and so on, it's normal in some situations...

Or that's what I think... my psychologist told me that and ... I think that's how it really works.

Now to explain myself and my examples...
>you are anxious before an important test
>just because you failed before and you don't want to repeat that experience

>getting your drivers license
>the same as with the tests

>saying yes
>you know you had bad past experiences with exes, breakups and shit... this time you went the furthest that you can possibly get... you are afraid that it won't end like your past experiences.

And just a curiosity... When did you had the chance? Is suicide a chance?

If these thoughts are keeping you up at 2 am and causing you pain, I'd call it anxiety.
But yeah, that doesn't mean you shouldn't look into what causes them and explain that to yourself.

Yeah, that's the only shit I don't have the answer for... and prolly I just need to find that out myself...

Isn't it a paradox... to know the question, to know the answer and still think about it like there's something wrong?

Suicide is the most arrogant act in the whole world. Look around you. The universe is infinite, and the visual patterns you can see in nebulae and galaxies also repeat in the smallest of the living beings: cells.
So, if you are something so small, limited, almost completely ignorant, passive and subject of all the rules of the physical world, then: WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU CAN COMMIT SUICIDE?

Just keep yourself alive. If you are not happy, then grow a pair of balls, start using your brain and determine why are you not happy. Change whatever you need to change. But if you kill yourself, most probable thing is that the universe itself will punish you for thinking (and doing) you can kill yourself. That's the most logical conclusion. You will not get away from suffering. You'll increase it. Just do it and wait.

In my opinion, the crux of the matter comes down to how you react to those thoughts and emotions.
Usually they are part of a former automatic thought pattern, that at one point benefitted you.
If they're past being of benefit, training up new thought patterns to replace them is key.

Tried that... even through hypnosis... it works for a while but then they come back... Maybe that mean they have deeper roots than everyone thought...

All I need to get rid of them for a short while is a breakdown... after a breakdown I get up and they go away for a while, but they still come back...

Sure they come back, but are you just following along with them when they do or go "Oh hi, it's you again, why are you here" and then actively go about using your new thought patterns?

Well, here's exactly how it went... When those question pop up a few years ago the answers were
>no one
>you will die alone
>you need people
>you need love
>etc...

Which hurt like hell... and were mentally terrorizing me...

Time passed and I managed to reprogram the answers... first they were...

>your actual gf
>your actual friends etc...

And guess what... it still kinda felt bad answering to those questions with people that are not here today... so I reprogrammed everything again with self centered answers... Guess what... they still won't go away...

they both hit trees, not poles.

>When did you had the chance?
back in 2008 or 9 back when i lived in france in the middle of nowhere had multiple options first attempt failed as i had no rope so i used a wired cable thinking it would work but it snapped then thought of jumping of the roof but i wasn't sure if it was high a nuff and warned if it would just paralysis me so i pussyed out

Then try again, if the self centered answers aren't giving satisfaction, find a median way between the two poles.

And you call that a chance?... I mean... I don't get it... how can you call something that scares you ... a chance?

Give me a protip... What would you call median in my situation...

I only read about half of this drivel.
Learn to not allow your strong feelings to drive your behavior.

The rest of this is drivel for faggots.

This meme is gold !!

Taking the chance of trusting people, in spite of them not fitting your mold of a perfect anything.
Do the things with your career that makes you feel accomplished, while also taking time to be a social animal.
I can't tell you which exact percentages of each you need, but once you hit it, it'll feel right.

Because back then i had nothing to lose now it is just harder on myself because i decided to endure it

It's going to be hard, I know... You gave me the exact answer I was expecting... That there is no universal answer that'll magically fix my problems... and that I have to suffer, get up, suffer, get up, and so on until I get exactly what fits me... But now, we're going back to that philosophical theory... isn't that the moment when you die? When everything feels right, it's the moment you die? I mean... not talking about suicidal people... we talk about the people who lived their whole life, in the moment when they come at peace with everything and say whatever is to be said, they die.

And do you regret pussying out? Or are you somehow glad that right now you don't have a reason to die?

I don't think the moment you die is the moment you feel everything is as it should.
Most near death cases i've read about and have had accounted to me went more like "shit shit shit, I'm dying, oh no someone help me, do something".
Getting to the point where death is preferable needs either a very high age or a very severe disease. If you are in neither of those categories, death will just be scary as hell while it happens.

I have half heartedly tried to kill myself before, now I don't see the point in killing myself. If I'm not enjoying what I'm currently doing I will try something different. Kill yourself if you want, but there is so much else you could do instead. Once you realize the hole you are in and acknowledge why you are in the hole it is "easy" to get out. Kill yourself if you want, but do you really know what you want? Try new things until you find somehing you like.

I'm about to backpacking by myself in the Scandinavian arctic for a week or so. You sound try something similar

I understand you, because i'm empty inside too. Can't love, can't be happy, can't feel anything, but ultimately i find something that make me a little bit happy. Maybe you can find something that, you too, make you feel happy even a tiny little bit.

Sorry for bad english

I regret it to some extent as i still think about it but it is what it is, debating whether to join the army but i'm not in a good enough shape to pass the tests at the minute

I was not talking about preffering here... I'm talking about something that I saw in many cases and tried to study, but unfortunately there isn't quite a patterns so it can be called a theory... True, they struggle on the verge of death... but then it seems that they get calmer and calmer, they have their last words and die... (and now again, natural causes, not illness).

And when you start repeating yourself? Try to be happy -> try harder -> get close -> fail what do you do? Just a question, I would like to see how you think.

Check what I said to I would also want to know how you think!

But isn't joining the army just as suicidal as actual suicide?

I wish I could die, but I cannot. I have been alive for more than a century now, except I look like I am still in my twenties. Every doctor I have seen cannot give me a straight answer on what is wrong with me.

it all depends i guess it supposedly more of an honorable death, i have family members that are in the army that have not died and one has wife and kids so i have less to lose than that

Well this is very subjective. I started being a race driver (legal and illegal) and as we all know how many people die in car crashes, I'm still alive, but the question is, for how long?

It's the same with your family in the army, for how long we can survive this risks, and does it matter if it's honorable or not? Would it matter for a dead man? Wouldn't it bring the same pain for the close ones?

FUCK OF SUMMER RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pls no.

Top kek

to be thrown into a world, where you feel like you don't belong, don't know what to do. you don't know how to feel happy, you don't know how to live.
I didn't want to be born. I didn't tell my parents to fuck around and have a piece of disappointing shit like me. they have high expectations, but they got me instead. I didn't want this.
And you are telling me, that it's arrogant to kill myself?

Yeah it is. Because you have a chance at anything even to kill yourself. I decided not to have kids so basically I'm denying a future person to have a chance to find the cure for cancer, kill niggers and jews and even kill himself... I'm denying a chance to make a better world or make it worse... It's all gamble.

youtu.be/OFzXaFbxDcM

Of course is arrogant. Listen to yourself. All of this is you talking about yourself:
>where you feel
>like you don't belong
>you don't know (1) what to do (2) how to feel happy (3) how to live
And here, you are actually and literally talking about yourself:
>I didn't want to (be born)
>I didn't tell my parents
>shit like me
>they got me instead
>I didn't want this (this one makes me chuckle a bit)

tl;dr: me me me me me me me me me me me

What I am telling you is stop fucking worrying about yourself. You ARE SMALL. You - in yourself - are not important.
The idea of being alive is to sit down and learn. LEARN. Suffer, feel pain, and then GAIN. And retribute to the universe. That is your duty, and it doesn't matter if you don't like it. If you kill yourself, the universe will give you another job, a worst job. Because you deserve it just by thinking that you had any kind of right of arrangement about what was given to you: life. So, I am very sorry, but this is like Mr. bones wild ride: IT NEVER ENDS.

Kill yourself if you want (though I hope you don't). When you get that new shiny fucking-two-hobos-pissing-in-a-can job (of course I don't know which, duh), you'll instantly regret it.

And another thing: When you stop listening to your ego, when you shut down your inner voice requesting to give you pleasure (whatever it is, even feeling emo (being happy while being unhappy)), when you start worrying more about the universe and less about yourself, then you'll start learning to be happy.

I am sorry if this facts make you feel bad but this is just the truth. If you wan't a small prof, just look at people being social: They hate anyone who talks too much about themselves. Truth hurts but it's necessary.

I don't know you, and I don't know what you are going through, if you actually are in pain, being victim of a rough time, or just liking the feel of being down and depressed. Whatever is your mental state right now, is for your best sake to learn the most basic rules of the world. Just consider that every day you contemplate suicide you are analogically "commiting it" because you return to your regular mental state of numb suffering (the new worst job) and start considering again. Every day seems worst than the one before. This logic can be obtained just by watching the world. Try to expand this and apply it to suicide. Then you'll see what is waiting for you down that road.

You are in a war now son, a war with yourself. Fight hard, survive, take care of yourself so you stop worrying about yourself and can start worring about something/someone worthy of it. You have no other chance. There is no such thing as "death", is just more pain.

The real "death", the peaceful one, will come when you deserve it. When you are happy. When you stop saying "me"