What does Sup Forums think about EDM/house music? Is it quality music or just an excuse to do drugs and dance?

What does Sup Forums think about EDM/house music? Is it quality music or just an excuse to do drugs and dance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MzvL11GphWw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No more or less than rock and LSD in the 60s

Can someone explain the appeal of one of these events to me? Is it truly just the drugs?

>just an excuse

to be fair, user, have you gone out to roll your balls right off and dance like a retard for hours? it's a pretty legit way to spend an evening.

Don't lump all house in with EDM.

You wouldn't hear The Orb or Luomo at EDC/Ultra

>Can someone explain the appeal of one of these events to me?
depends on where u go and see. havn't been too one in two years.
but its a great place because 90% of ppl are on mdma so EVERYONE is extra nice (besides security). you'll talk to ppl that in public you wouldn't bat an eye at. sometimes sex does happen but ymmv.

the music does sound better on drugs tho.

That's what im saying. The MDMA is the main event, and the music is just background noise.
Will people in the future remember Avicii and Calvin Harris and all the other huge DJs?

Can somebody explain the appeal of this shit on actual drugs? I can never stomach music like this on stimulants such as molly and even less shit like psytrance and le psychedelic music on actual psychedelics. I'd rather listen to something completely meditative like ambient music or something very high information like classical pieces. Never shit like this.

Fucking kill yourself loser

Damn really made me think

People into bleeps still remember DJs and producers from the 80s and 90s so why not?

Did you really expect anything substantial from an EDM fan?

not everybody has the same drug experience. so edm just isn't for you

i prefer ambient music sober than on drugs.
trance feels amazing on mdma or xanax for me.

EDM is a silly umbrella term made up by stupid americans who can't into electronic music genres

I can relate to that feeling, MDMA makes me very calm and averse to noise and distractions. I do however like some balls hard techno at an underground venue on a little dexamphetamine and 2C-B and doing just like says

On MDMA though I absolutely love music like Above & Beyond and 16 Bit Lolitas. And listening to the complete Radio Gnome Trilogy by Gong with headphones on 5 g shrooms is really something I can't recommend enough

>EDM
>House
>Not drum and bass

I'm ashamed of you guys

EDM is just EDC/ultra -core.

Guetta, Harris, Joel, Skrillex, DJ Bl3nd and other brostep or big room house shit.

>Brostep

Brostep is still dubstep.....

Drum & bass, dub and jump up are by far the superior mdma genres

>Jump up DnB
>It's always Mr happy
>Every fucking DnB set will have this song
>Either that or some wilkinson/Metrik song

Why? Can't people use stuff like enei or lung or even 1991?

EDM conditions you to feel a certain way for every song. It's like going on a rollercoaster, you will always feel the same gut feelings dropping down from way up and the slight differences for each different rollercoaster doesn't really matter.

So at the very least, it's competent music. But I don't think I have ever listened to any EDM or House music where I can go "wow, this is some really great and interesting music". The closest I have come to fully enjoying an album of that kind of music is Flume and Flume is pretty far away from the EDM played at these types of shows

Jump is fucking trash and you know it

Obviously. It's something you listen to when your in the mood.

Ever listen to tinlicker, feed me, noisias house, and some delta heavy? That stuff is good

Of course it is but dizzed me doesn't agree

Can never stomach dancing on stimulants..... UUUUMM. But its legitimately one of the best things to do on stims....

Every year I underestimate just how shit this board is gonna get come Summer

Have you listened to mr. Garnier?
youtube.com/watch?v=MzvL11GphWw

Listening to good electronic music is like doing coke, and then if you're doing coke while you're listening that's even better.

>dnb
>listening to slow shit

It's a quality excuse to do drugs and dance