James Cameron Cheated on Sarah Connor

I've been reading his wiki, and holy shit, this guy is something. And many things I didn't know about:

>unfaithful husband
>had 5 wives
>is now a vegan
>abuses actors and actresses

Discuss Cameron and all things related to him.

Other urls found in this thread:

harlanellison.com/heboard/archive/bull0108.htm
electricliterature.com/was-1984s-the-terminator-a-harlan-ellison-rip-off-27f52272af11#.linw6m54c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alita:_Battle_Angel
youtube.com/watch?v=iqRjzU-G_ow
jamescamerononline.com/Artwork.htm
jamescamerononline.com/TerminatorArtwork.htm
jamescamerononline.com/AliensArtwork.htm
youtu.be/TmKynWXqxTw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_Day_(1999_film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Aliens sucked
>Ripped off Harlan Ellison
>Got punched by Ed Harris on the set of The Abyss because he kept filming while Harris was drowning

Fuck James Cameron.

Cameron lost.

>holy shit
>this guy is something

Nu-male speak

most geniuses are eccentric

A genius who never really decided to make a serious film.

His flicks are great but it is odd he went the FX pioneer route instead of trying to make an all time great film.

Probably too old now to make anything truly great.

Aliens is great, I must say.

I heard that about Harlan (whose writing I can't like, not sure why).

Didn't know about the last one, holy fucking shit. He sounds like a pure psychopath. He does.

>first job is driving trucks
>reads Syd whatever's book on screenwriting
>goes to read students' papers on special effects
>learns how to do special effects
>somehow ends up working in the industry
>gets to direct a movie when someone leaves
>gets to direct Terminator

He says he got the idea for Terminator in a dream. Which story is it btw? I have one book by Ellison, the no mouth one.

Still waiting for the next Avatar movie...

lolz nice shop

>Ghostbustears needs to make 500 million to be worth it

I never realised how fucking insane that goal was until I saw this image. What the fuck?

>Got punched by Ed Harris on the set of The Abyss because he kept filming while Harris was drowning
Holy fucking shit! This guy is something.

late fall 2018

>literally needed to make more money than The Phantom Menace

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Nu-male speak

Really, now? You do know that discussing words outside of doing linguistics is fucking nu-male right? Fucking metrosexual, get out of my face.

Whos hyped for pandora at disneys animal kingdom

He's a psychopath. He sounds like one.

>Which story is it btw?

Everyone thinks that it's Demon with a Glass Hand, but Ellison says that he actually sued over "Solder", his other Outer Limits episode.

Got a link?

#1 and #2 highest grossing movies of all time

EAT IT!

those are only domestic totals you mongs. gb needed $500 mil worldwide.

Ctrl+f "Solider" until you find the post by Ellison
harlanellison.com/heboard/archive/bull0108.htm
Welcome back to the 90's

>solder
>solider

Is it really soldier, though? Just to be sure.

I liked the 90's. I was a 90's kid.

Harlan sure is a salty cunt:

>I doubt very much that anything was posted here supporting your belief that the film SOLDIER, starring Kurt Russell, written by the estimable, Oscar-winning scenarist of UNFORGIVEN, David Webb Peoples, had anything whatever to do with me, or my Outer Limits script, "Soldier," or even the original novelette of that title.

>You are doing some slovenly remembering.

>TERMINATOR, directed by James Cameron, was a ripoff from that script, but I won an out-of-court settlement, and my name appears at the endcredits of every videocassette and DVD.

>The Peoples script merely shared the word "soldier." The film had nothing to do with me or my story, which even a casual screening of them would attest.

>This has been the 6582nd this year of internet misinformation resulting from sloppy attention and not taking advantage of the "vast information storage and retrieval potential of the web." Yeah, sure; and I've got a panda farm up my ass for lease or purchase. One discovers, sadly, that people who wouldn't walk down the street to get the correct data from the library, are just as lackadaisical about seaching out the answers to their idle curiosities before throwing them into the electro-wind. They are woefully ignorant of the information available, and settle for muddy recollection and instant verbal diffusion of the false data. Thus do rumors and bad bibliographies come into existence.

>Respectfully, Harlan Ellison.

>respectfully
Fucking lol.

>The story goes like this: in or around 1984 someone tells Harlan Ellison that they think the script for The Terminator sounds similar to his script for an Outer Limits episode called “Soldier,” which Ellison had actually adapted from his own short story, “Soldier Out of Time.” And when we say “similar” we mean that the opening sequences of both The Terminator and “Soldier” are aesthetically close enough to give you pause.

electricliterature.com/was-1984s-the-terminator-a-harlan-ellison-rip-off-27f52272af11#.linw6m54c

>What happened next (according to Ellison almost exclusively) was that the production company in question—Hemdale—started avoiding Ellison’s inquires to see a script. Eventually, after sneaking into an advance screening of the film, Ellison determined that there were enough elements of Terminator similar to both “Solider” and to another Outer Limits he wrote, “Demon With a Glass Hand,” to make a case against Terminator director James Cameron and Hemdale Studios.

Ellison sounds like Cameron. Salty cunts both of them.

he did T1 and T2. best movies ever made
so he can do whatever he wants now

he said the terminator dream was a nightmare where this robo skeleton rised from the flames

pic related is his sketch

He was suppused to adapt Battle Angel before Avatar, then after. When it became huge, he gave up completely.

Now he's supposed to make FOUR Avatar movies, scheduled to be released in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.

I don't see it happening.

>sketch

He drew this? Is there anything this motherfucker can't do?

He cheated on Linda Hamilton? Unless he was fucking her twin he was out of his goddamned mind to think he could do better than this.

needs more googling but im too lazy atm
but from i remember, this pic was shown in this short documentary where he was telling about the nightmare and how he sketched this vision for a movie

he also said lot of his movie ideas came from his nightmares

He went from being a truck driver to one of the greatest film directors in Hollywood history. He has the two highest grossing movies of all time.

He used the library at USC to print off all the course material regarding film and taught himself that way. He's a legit genius with giant balls. Some Italian cunt absolutely butchered Piranha 2 so Cameron broke into the editing suite at night and tried to re-edit the film.

He made Titanic purely as a means to get the film studio to finance some deep water dives to the Titanic corpse. He went so much over budget that he knew the studio couldn't give him the chop, and so confident was he that he foregoed his salary, and then turned it into the highest grossing flick of all time.

HE IS THE FIRST HUMAN BEING ALIVE TO SOLO DIVE TO THE DEEPEST PART OF THE OCEAN FOR FUCK SAKE.

HE DOES NOT GIVE A FUCK. HE IS MAGNIFICENT. HE CAN PROCESS A PAGE OF WRITING IN ABOUT 5 SECONDS AND STORE IT IN HIS MEMORY. HE IS LEGIT GENIUS-TIER. HE PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN ENGINEER OR SOMETHING BUT HE COULDN'T QUITE BE BOTHERED WITH THE MATH IN COLLEGE.

Of course he cheats on his wife for FUCK sake. He's one of those great men of history that forge their own path, and the women just try to hang on as best they can.

He's a savant-like savage descended from the hardy men of the Scottish highlands. Had he been born in a different era he would have been a general colonising India and driving out the French/Dutch.

STONE-COLD-SAVAGE.

what did he mean by this?

>tfw you still hold out this tiniest bit of hope that he will make the TRUE terminator 3 with arnold going through some sort of top tier benjamin button style cgi to make him young

OR IF NOT THAT THEN

>avatar 2 ends with the navi winning, the earth miner bad guys call skynet for support to fight the navi, movie ends with a cliffhanger of a avatar terminator 3 cross over

i would literally cum buckets

>implying it wouldnt be the highest grossing film ever

its Jim come on

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alita:_Battle_Angel

Still producing. See the shirt, he loves the manga, no way it will be shit

He did, that's why she divorced him. He was having an affair with his now current wife. I forget her name, but I guess he wasn't just fucking around.

>fucks Linda
>fucks side bitch
>faps to pictures of 3 ex wives
>has 50 kids
>beats records every time a movie comes out
>probably prepares his revenge on Star Wars with the next Avatar movies.

I too think Linda is the shit. I'm not into being dominated, but she could dominate my joystick any time.

>He went from being a truck driver to one of the greatest film directors in Hollywood history.

>meanwhile, I...

>pls... no... I can't...

>...

i cant even begin to imagine if he made real t3 movie today with his todays budget
sadly i think avatar is the last thing we will see from him, but im not even mad because terminator ended perfectly with second movie and it was all worth it

>Of course he cheats on his wife for FUCK sake. He's one of those great men of history that forge their own path, and the women just try to hang on as best they can.

That made me laughed, legit. I love your post, man. It's fucking good. If it isn't pasta, it needs to become pasta.

10/10

Avatar is the only movie I walked out on; I don't know why people liked it. District 9 visual effects were perfect. I remember seeing a trailer for this and thinking it was a joke; shits effects looked 10 years old!

I haven't seen it. Any good?

I couldn't bother watching Avatar: I felt like I knew everything about it already.

Seen the Aliens 30th anniversary panel yet, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=iqRjzU-G_ow

>Avatar is the only movie I walked out on
Of course. user.

How do I grow balls like Jim?

I mean, many of these guys do things I can't possibly imagine ever doing.

>Spielberg literally moves into Universal's offices, claiming an empty desk
>he becomes everyone's friend even though he isn't hired at all

Jim just goes from being a truck driver to reading papers on special effects, and it works. What the fuck? How? How do you even THINK that you CAN do this shit when you're a truck driver?

Good Lord... This shit makes me want to ride at night and do amazing things, like getting arrested like a moron, I suppose.

I wrote a zombie movie script, though. And I managed to make it original, so that's something. Something for my girl to read. She likes zombies.

>Sigourney
>still a semen demon
>literally doesn't age
>would fuck forever

who's talking shit about me?

This mofo is a pure alpha genius
jamescamerononline.com/Artwork.htm
>jamescamerononline.com/TerminatorArtwork.htm
>jamescamerononline.com/AliensArtwork.htm

i dont know much about storyboards but still impressive that he even drew how he want to make the shot with a prop

Goddam. Normally, I get inspired by such people, but this is just depressing.

>can't find his letter to Giger about why he changed the design

Too bad, that letter would be perfect here. Absolute alpha indeed.

Smart motherfucker.

youtu.be/TmKynWXqxTw

Haven't seen this shit since 1993.

>Of course he cheats on his wife for FUCK sake.
This is what I think whenever there's a debacle involving talented, successful men cheating on their partners. It's a pretty fucking normal inclination, even though society hates it. Very successful men are rare and women throw themselves at them.

>TFA will dethrone Avatar for sure guys!

It was a fun time.

Welp, that was pretty shitty. I completely forgot it looked so bad. Amazing that people didn't just laugh back then.

As a kid, I remember being freaked out that people seemed to change when special shit happened. I didn't know they were props, I literally thought reality was altered for odd reasons. Stop-motion stuff had the same effect. I could tell it was not the same as usual, but I had no idea why. I didn't know anything about special effects.

>In an October 2005 appearance on Larry King Live, Hamilton told the audience that she has bipolar disorder, which she said destroyed her marriage to Abbott, whom she admitted having abused verbally and physically, and eventually sought treatment.[15]

Linda Hamilton is a real woman.

>While filming Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Hamilton suffered permanent hearing damage in one ear when she fired a gun inside an elevator without using her ear plugs.[

I had a hunter shoot his rifle a meter away from me. Deaf in one ear for 4 months, but it gradually came back.

>mfw I literally said she could dominate me
>It's OK, Linda, abuse me, physically, verbally, I'll stay with you

I wonder if she did the same to Jim.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_Day_(1999_film)

Last film of his current wife, kek.

>respecting women

Hello, cuck!

It did in all relevant countries.

Uh?

I wasn't being sarcastic. I literally laughed imagining a raging Jim going forward full force, and women "trying to hang on".

Not sure what you're on about, but it's probably projecting.

Denial is your best friend, until it betrays you.

Nah, seriously, I'm just amazed that it didn't shock me as bad back then, that's the main point. I don't think anyone back then thought it was bad, either. But if you watch this today, it wouldn't fly. People would laugh and walk out.

>face is obviously not the same
>suddenly, robot moves

Don't be scared to face facts, faggot.

Thanks for clarifying. Wasn't sure if you were trolling.

see

>was married to the son of Jason Robards and Lauren Bacall before
Not bad t b h

>US, UK and Sweden are "all relevant countries"
lel

>A genius who never really decided to make a serious film.
Avatar was a pretty good kino, Aliens was also great.

just wait

USA is the only relevant county.

Welcome. Every bit of it was sincere.

didn't some fat dude accuse him of casting couch at an award ceremony

>casting couch

Hot.

>I've been reading his wiki

stopped right there come back when you know him as the God he is, in fact when you do something or anything as creative as him come back until then literally kill yourself, metaphorically end your life, philosophically leave the planet!

I wish I had that much test, jesus christ how does he do it?

How can one man be so based?

He also sketched all of jacks drawings in titanic
Yes, he's a talented artist along with everything else
>tfw you realise he was the one who sat there sketching a naked Kate Winslet irl

I'm thinking pact with the Devil.

>he is a militant atheist

Goddam. This guy is like a sciency Malick.

hicks slurring his speech, so sad :( really wanted jiim to use him in avatar

how does one make this pact? I'll believe in flat earth anything just let me work with this god

Why is sigourney talking so slow has she got some disease or something? even hicks is slurring wtf?