>oh god
>crippling social anxiety
>"may i help you?"
>"im fine"
>360 and walk away
>go back home and sleep until 8pm
>unemployed
>every day for the last 5 years

why have i been cursed with social anxiety Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U7-uuLBGSh8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cause you're a faggot op

Cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness meditation user.
Those two things brought me from using 8 hours to get over my anxiety of grocery shopping, before actually going, to actually being able to go when I need to.
Also I have a mantra that i use to calm my anxiety, which is "I spend way more time thinking about what other people think of me, than people actually use thinking about me".

really? i'll have to try it, thanks user. 8 hours before grocery shopping sounds really bad. glad it worked for you though!

im not sure how bad it is for me. i've been trying to buy new clothes all year and i try once a week. i usually just walk in, turn around and walk out. sucks.

I used to be an anxious wreck and I still have my anxious moments, but they are fewer and farer between nowadays.
It basically comes down to learning how your mind works and reacting accordingly.
Also how bad it was for me as opposed to how bad you have it is neither here nor there.
It's more of a "I recognize that sort of emotions" than a "You're not allowed to feel bad, I had it worse" situation.
The reason people notice you at the mall is probably because you look visibly uncomfortable and they are wondering what is causing you pain.
Very rarely are people as judgmental as we fear they might be and usually the ones who are like that, will broadcast it to the point that you know to avoid them.

You're not important bro, nobody gives a shit about you but your family, everybody is self conscious of themselves and what people think about them when somebody walks into a store usually people take a glimpse you just made a big deal out of it, who cares faggot live your life stop being a slave to your own mind nobody can read your thoughts make life your bitch.
youtube.com/watch?v=U7-uuLBGSh8

i see. well thanks very much! maybe i'll try driving out of town and going where no one knows me and see if that helps. thank you user

>this
I learned it the hard way too lol and realized how pathetic my social anxiety was a little bit too late, I'm honestly upset how much time I spent inside worrying and worrying overthinking it's pointless live your life OP.

Well it would be better to teach yourself that going clothes shopping isn't a danger in itself.
But if going elsewhere enables you to take steps towards that, I won't discourage it.

No dude don't do that do it in your own town, go around the people you avoided due to a retarded reason, social anxiety can really play major tricks on your mind, you can always change the way you are social anxiety is caused by very low self esteem, you created this bad image in your head due to past events and you think that's what people view you at, nobody views you the same bro, you can always change who you are, think about it like this dude you're not a person you're the universe exploring itself through a person, stop being a pus bro go outside play it's honestly fun I bet you're a really intelligent guy aswell I made social anxiety a game bro I'm a social butterfly now my life has been a hell for the past 4 years too due to it I don't give a shit now lol,

i love you guys

haha well i definitely feel you. i've rejected every opportunity thats every come my way due to social anxiety. i'm glad you got through it user

i hope so. im from a small town so i usually see 50 or so people i went to school with who have part time jobs in the mall while they go to university. feeling that they know who i am and that im a failure is the most discouraging part, but thanks. i'll try going somewhere else and try to overcome it.

thanks man, this is really encouraging. seeing that you got through it gives me hope!

haha i love them too

dude you're a fucking pussy and a faggot, there are people crippled sick dying and you're an over sensitive bitch that thinks the whole world spins around him pointing it's eyes on him judging him or her whatever the fuck you are, stop being a weak bitch.

I went through that when younger and smoking way too much pot. Whether it was related or not it stopped when I stopped giving a shit about what other people thought and whether they were looking my way or not. Learn to relax and keep calm.

fuck off
pot always gave me intense panic attacks. i might try some meditation or something, hopefully that will teach me to stay calm

bro listen to me nobody views you as a loser, honestly people don't care what you do everybody is out to do better for themselves, you won't grow if you keep wasting all that time not doing nothing cause of it bro there's never a too late to change your way of living.

thanks bro, this is really encouraging!

Staying calm isn't the sole objective of meditation, coming to a point where you can observe your thoughts and emotions is also part of it.
If you can find that part of yourself that isn't emotion or thoughts, it's much easier to examine these things without being taken along for an anxious ride.

thanks! do you have any starting points that you can recommend?

Glad to hear it dude just listen it's all a game bro, go outside have fun play I'm sure you love games like Skyrim Fallout where you get the chance to socialize what not I know it sounds autistic but it's really that fun, just know bro everybody now matter how beautiful rich what not they are has an insecurity we're all just people after all I'm sure you'll get through it really soon you could honestly get over it right now by going somewhere and running around naked yelling doing some crazy shit you might get arrested and what not but it will overcome it lol just get out of your comfort zone PLAY BRO LOL.

Ok one more thing before I go just think about it like this, people are all honestly beautiful no matter how fucked up they are once you'll take it as a game you'll learn that people are actually awesome and all weird in different type of ways, people aren't monsters man talk to them!!!

You're already at your starting point, you're vocalizing your problem and asking for solutions.
Meditation is something that you train, like a muscle, you will start seeing results the more you train it.
Knocking yourself over the head for it not working fast enough is counterproductive.
Joining a meditation class, with a focus on anxiety can be beneficial, as you will feel less alone and you will have peers to train it with,

haha, thank you! you guys honestly give me hope.

you're right. actually this is the first time i've ever spoken about it in my life, even if it's only to a bunch of strangers on the internet. it's a start i guess

Bro it's me again don't listen to this faggot with his meditation shit you don't need anything it's nothing serious man all though it might seem so, all you need to do is start small talk with different people at stores whatever ask stuff explore dude don't listen to all that meditation shit it just makes it seem more serious than it is you;ll overcome it faster just be genuine to people when you talk that's all it's really easy easier than it seems man.

Most starts are humble, people only achieve greatness by starting over every time they fail.
You'll come out stronger than most people, when you manage to deal with this through the help of others.

I do a mixture of both user.
I try to take everyone as an individual and treat them according to how they act.
I use the meditation to deal with the stuff that happens inside me, not the stuff that happens outside me.

Listen man I know I sound crazy but you know what created those fucked up thoughts in your head? meditation fucking meditation maybe in a negative way you overthinking i'm not this i'm not good enough for that who am i wtf am i doing with my life, just stop it dude instead of meditating do some pushups play some nice motivational music that you enjoy eat healthy man drink lots of water practice breathing those are the only meditations you need you'll learn to live with those weird little thoughts that you'll get in your head you'll eventually laugh histericaly when they come to your mind here and there in the future you'll see lol life is what you make it to be bro I just finished my coffee i'm off here bless up OP.

Look up mindfulness meditation, it isn't about focusing on what is wrong, but learning to separate yourself from emotions and thoughts and observing their merit from a near objective standpoint.
Have a good one user.

Everyone wants you to do yoga. Try xanax, vallium or weed.

Thanks user, this is better than any fucking pill

If you did a 360 you would have ended up where you started...

>Hey op, treat the symptoms, not the disease.
I like smoking weed as much as the next guy, but it isn't a cure for anxiety.

do you know the cause of the fear?

ex; I was molested as a kid so I am afraid to leave the house