What are Sup Forums's opinions on alt covers? Do they ruin the artistic integrity of the music?

What are Sup Forums's opinions on alt covers? Do they ruin the artistic integrity of the music?

no, a lot of artists just shove their cover to some artist and get whatever back and it often has nothing to do with the music inside

However, I am a bit autistic about big big bands with famous discographies. I feel like if everyone knows what the covers look like, they are important enough to stay as the main ones.

I think alt cover art is cool to look at but I would never use it for the album. The album art is what it is and the artist picked it specifically for the album. I do believe it compromises the artistic integrity of the music to a degree.

Sometimes bad decisions are made tho

Even if I don't like the album art, I think changing it takes away from the complete package. If the artist picked album art that I think is bad, it is still a part of the album.

Sometimes they work, especially for really shitty album art, but some are total cringe

*cough cough*

i like using alt covers

Still wouldn't change it lol. We just have different views on how far artistic integrity reaches, it's all good.

I think if kanye wants to shove kims ass in my face then i will respectfully accept his offer

This is fucking atrocious by the way.

Album covers serve a purpose: to identify an album. When I see an alt cover, I don't see the album, I see someone else's identity. If it's not official, it's not worth using.

Not Kim, it's Sheniz H.

Personal favorite alt artwork

Original is way better wtf

i like this one a lot

bump

no

Yeah this shit is awesome. I want to see some weird ones.

I got a few

>implying there's any "artistic integrity" behind an album like TLOP to ruin

don't be such a bitch

This is just a slightly different version that i took from the original painting

Does anyone have that pirate ship one?

what's the joke

The colored Bleach cover is awesome too.

that is the original art for causers of this isn't it?

?

also that one was for

I use alt cover for NLDW because I ain't looking at a penis

I'm totally using this, great alt.

I always just use either the official alt or the black bar.

been using this since the album came out

the art is exactly the same

Pink Guy - Pink Season

S O O N

[spoiler]desu I'd actually really want this just so that they'd make good music again. Don't care if it's anti-Trump or not[/spoiler]

that's a dope TLOP cover, I'm going to save that one. You the real MVP

i bet you say that to all the album art posters
No it isn't you blind shit

Alt covers are cool for when the actual cover creeps you out, or if you like to have a laugh when listening to an album you've played 1,000 times already

Sadly, i also have a cover for this

>tfw think All Things Must Pass is a 10/10 and better than most Beatles albums
>Same forJohn Lennon/Plastic Ono Band, and Band on the Run
>Still wish we got this timeline

People blame Yoko for the Beatles breaking up but she really had nothing to do with it, there were like dozens of factors that all stem from before the White Album. I guess if Brian Epstein never died maybe they'd have stayed together? But all three of them (sorry Ringo) ran out of steam around 1974 and Paul and George only released like 3 or 4 more good albums afterwards so maybe it's better we got George Unleashed with ATMP being a triple-album as well as some of Paul and John's best songs they ever wrote in the years after the break-up. I'd say Ringo has Photograph but I'm pretty sure George wrote that for him.

>tfw we will never get Maybe I'm Amazed with that perfect Abbey Road-tier production
>tfw we will never get a George Martin or Glyn Johns produced All Things Must Pass instead of the Phil Specter mess
>tfw all I hear when I listen to Working Class Hero is where Phil Specter just cut to another take with no attempt to clean it up
>tfw George Martin combined two takes of Strawberry Fields Forever that were at completely different speeds and pitches and made it seamless to the point where if you don't know about it you'd never notice
>tfw he did this 4 years earlier with 4-track equipment on a song that was already pushing the boundaries for what they could do in the studio

: (

someone on the Steve Hoffman forum made a series of hypothetical post-Let It Be albums and this was the cover art for the one that'd come out with Lennon's murder between the recording and the release

>that quote from the Bhagvad Gita on the bottom of the back cover
my heart

Holy fuck this looks like it would of been an amazing 80s classic.

ATMP is a three disc album? I only have two discs.

on vinyl it is. The "official" Disc 1 ends on Run of the Mill, with the songs afterwards being bonus tracks added in the CD rerelease. Disc 2 ends with Hear Me Lord and then there's Apple Jam, which was the 3rd LP on the vinyl. It doesn't add anything to the album though and it would have been a better album as a double-album with 9 tracks per LP, but at least they're all at the end of each LP/disc so you can just skip em

I think this was his final collection for all of the album covers, including the actual albums at the start. If you google Astronauta Beatles album covers I think they'd all come up

Woosh

This is exactly what their new album was

This is bittersweet user.
I know they're the most overrated band and all, but could you imagine what would of been if they stayed together :(

That's kinda homosexual

Do you have just the deformed gold faces? I've been using pic related without the disk behind it since Yeezus came out

Just remove the little "Leighton" in the corner.

this

kys

I just wanna rub my tounge and face in between those large meat mounds.

yes

what about parody covers?

Alt covers aren't supposed to be memey jokes shrimp dick

*silicone mounds

This'd be good for sessions and alternative recordings
Would use if the text was gone
Both great

who cares.
kanye isnt even bbc and he gets to eat that out 25/8

Still prefer this to the original cover, which was essentially a 2001 meme

here come my unsolicited opinions

better than the terrible original
really good. originals are just as good though, and a little simpler so it comes down really to liking simpler or more complex things
cheesy
fine but unnecessary
nice
great, again unnecessary
one of the better alts i've seen
sock is better
ugh
i like this a lot. but original is soooo good
what is up with all the alt art trying to copy other art by the same artist, it always just comes off super unoriginal. just come up with better art if you hate the original
terrible. worst in thread
lol
pretty good
nah
pretty good
really good.

Faggot