Nick Cave. Discuss

Nick Cave. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EvidkgyIoqE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think Let Love In is an amazing album but it's the only Nick Cave album i've heard

I'm seeing him in a week!

Bryter Layter is his best album

Listen to skeleton tree. Amazing album

What is entry level Nick cave and the bad seeds album ?

The Boatman's Call

I just missed his Chicago show and I'm sad as fuck

Give Let Love In or Tender Prey a try

Incredible human being and an amazing singer songwriter. Everybody watch One More Time With Feeling if you have amazon prime
I missed his Brooklyn show a few weeks ago and I've been kicking my own ass over it ever since

Something really varied like Let Love In. But his best is Henry's Dream if you want to start there.

Well Sup Forums?
What side of Nick you like more?

The Chicago show is on Friday, dude. Don't scare me like that.

Honestly, I started with Skeleton Tree, loved it, and then went backwards. It's a very emotional album and deals with the concepts of death and grief.

This is the wrong way to start. You have to be willing to subject yourself to Skeleton Tree. It sounds like what losing a child feels like.

HOLY SHIT YOURE RIGHT YOU MADE MY NIGHT, I read it as "June *8th" not "16th at 8"

Murder Ballads my dude

This but also Tender Prey is in my opinion better

>tfw don't fully focus on the lyricism
I'm missing a lot, right?

I've heard he's great from the two people I know who've seen him. Good luck!

Yes and no, if you want lyrical content in the same vein listen to Tom Waits, less "listenable" but a more diverse artist and a better songwriter

Same. Van?

I don't dig that much early Tom Waits. Very bland blues with not much experimentation
Rain Dogs is pretty good though. Is that the first album in which his style has changed or is there another one earlier.

Listen to Swordfishtrombones, it's when he actually made a dynamic shift as an artist, pushed by his wife to do so because she was an artist (I think???) and saw his creativity better than he did himself. Its honestly fantastic, one of my favorite albums ever, and I think it unfairly gets overshadowed by Rain Dogs and personally consider it his master-work.

Link
youtube.com/watch?v=EvidkgyIoqE

I didnt know there was any better blues than tom's first record

I'm just not into blues if it's gonna have all the tracks on the album sounding the same
Thanks man I'll check it out

you gonna take this opportunity now boss??

I trying to get you to name a better blues album so I could laugh at your choice, user

I'm not into Blues

Rowland was better.

yeah, I knew that when you said that closing time was bland blues with not much experimentation
it was painfully obvious
do you even listen to jazz?

yo fuc this dude

Just Herbie Hancock

Haha maybe I'll see you there, champ.