How do you listen to music...

How do you listen to music? Do you listen to albums in one sitting or do you pick and choose songs from different albums?

pic unrelated

i shuffle spotify's indie playlist and use it as background tunes

dumb kurt poster

I just go on my soundcloud, youtube, or spotify... and usually pick randomly

mainly listen to chill lo fi hip hop chill beats to study to

I listen to albums then add the songs I like to my big fat play spotify playlist and listen to that on shuffle

this just HAS to be bait
I listen to whole albums in one sitting. I used to skip around like a pleb, but I really think absorbing the entire experience of an artist's release is important. It's not always what they 'meant,' but It's like reading a whole book start to finish sometimes, or watching all the episodes of a tv series' season.

i cant marathon albums so i just listen to the top 10 songs from the artist on spotify

How old are you?

I listen to whole albums for the first time, although I've got some songs in my library from albums I've never listened to (pretty much all party songs)

If I just want to listen to stuff that's already in my library and chill I just shuffle it all

summer

I've been compiling a list of music to listen to for over a decade now. When I finish, I will listen to it all in a single sitting, back to back listening, and then I will die.

why would deprive yourself of music till the very end... that's a waste.

Depends on the album. Most are just a bunch of random songs dumped onto a disc. Might as well just jump around and listen to the good songs. But some albums have a full story and need to be listened to in full. Examples are The Wall, Tommy, Operation Mindecrime.

I thought this was a shitposting thread, but you faggots are serious, kill yourselves.

It's not a waste, it's perfect. All the best music in a single uninterrupted session

i listen to full albums for the first few listens, i listen to individual tracks only after i get well acquainted with the artist

If it's an artist I'm familiar with, whole albums. I have a weird OCD thing where I don't buy/download singles. It's either the whole album or nothing, and if I don't like the whole album then I'm out. If I'm unfamiliar with the artist, I'll pick the songs that sound the most interesting from the title alone

>dies on the second to last song

First few listens to an album is the full album, then I just do whatever.

this

Whenever there's a new album I wanna listen to, I always listen to it front to back, in order, at least once.
After that, all bets are off. Sometimes I'll come back to an album and just shuffle it. Sometimes I'll take out the songs I like and put them in one of my bigass playlists. Occasionally I'll just keep listening to it in order.

I look at what artist I've been bumping the most that week and listen to their albums in one sitting.

Speaking of such, why doesn't anybody reccomend Love of Life by Swans? I'm on Ammesia and so far this album has been amazing.

Records

Full albums, i have yet to hear a record worth its salt that isnt meant to be listen in its entirety. If you know of one enlighten me

>this just HAS to be bait
Please answer honestly. How long have you been on Sup Forums? How about Sup Forums specifically. How old are you?