Why is this show so damned funny even after all this time?

Why is this show so damned funny even after all this time?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm0003779/
imdb.com/name/nm1865834/
imdb.com/name/nm0366106/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

people got way too cool for this show a couple of years ago. i had never seen it so i couldn't really weigh in

but i started watching it casually recently and it's honestly fine, no more or less funny than any other sitcom, just with a more modern pseduo-nerd context

earlier seasons were watchable at least when the characters at least resembled human beings at a rudimentary level

now its just caricatures of various nerd memes brought to your TVs

This, not much else to say.

It's television made by retards for retards.

I like to think that everything that happens after Leonard starts dating Penny (this being the first clue of wish-fullfillment) is actually Leonards comatose dream after he fell down the elevator shaft.

This desu
>tfw I have a M.Sc in theoretical physics
>tfw when ever I tell someone that they always respond with "Oh like Sheldon lolz"
>I still don't know how to reply to this

The concept was great.
And it could have been greatly implemented.

it went to shit very fast, and the two additional girls made it even shittier.

BAZINGA!

It's weird, I have rewatched the entire series (up to season 7) and I thought the "mashup of nerd memes" effect was much more potent in the first seasons.
People have divergent opinions about Bernadette and Amy but I thought they were a good addition to the show.
I mean, the show has never made it past the whole "nerds are virgins losers LOL" schtick (there's still the implication that the girls are making the guys a favor by hanging out with them) but at least they helped tone it down a bit by giving everyone other things to do and making them show a wider range of emotions (now, it's not so much a terrible show about nerds as a bad relationship sitcom whose characters happen to be nerds).

>Bernadette and Amy
>they were a good addition to the show.

They brake apart the whole 4 nerds with no sex and girls thing.
They should have all been successful in their careers, but miserable because of no sex life.
Then Lenard and Penny dynamic would be more pronounced and it could even be on a more serious note.

>now its just caricatures of various nerd memes brought to your TVs

I find the opposite to be true. The earlier seasons felt more like caricatures and constant crammed nerd memes all the time, and over the seasons they began to feel more human and tone down the mile a minute """nerd jokes""". They even take Sheldon's autism more seriously now and have humanized him quite a bit from the dumb punchline machine he originally was.

Doesn't help that Bernadette is hotter than Penny.

>season 1 sheldon
>pedantic and neurotic genius guy who has a sex drive but can't get laid because he doesn't bother trying

>season 7 sheldon
>autistic model train manchild throwing temper tantrums and refusing the very idea of sex as repugnant

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

Sheldon and Penny have more chemistry than Leonard and Penny.

>autistic model train manchild throwing temper tantrums and refusing the very idea of sex as repugnant

Sheldon and Amy had sex in the latest season.

objectively wrong

Priya, Claire, and Alez are the hottest BBT girls.
imdb.com/name/nm0003779/
imdb.com/name/nm1865834/
imdb.com/name/nm0366106/

>earlier seasons were watchable
This board is beyond salvation.

Alex*

This describes pretty much anything by Chuck Lorre, or whatever the fuck his name is.

>>I still don't know how to reply to this

ha classic sheldon

it had potential but it was a pretty forgettable sitcom, very family guyish - just relying on nerd/science references instead of pop culture

having them get girlfriends is retarded as well, there is way more potential to play off the lonely nerd meme instead of going the relationship route like every other sitcom

would have been funnier if /sci/ and Sup Forums wrote the episodes, maybe a little /r9k/ as well

>tfw Sheldon gets less autistic every season

It's because if you don't reply to this post, your mother will die in her sleep tonight

>tfw Sheldon is in a serious relationship and you've never been
>tfw Sheldon lost his virginity before you
>tfw Sheldon has a more active social life than you.

feels bad, man.

BELUGA

Bazinga

stop

FUCK