When did comedy just turn into left-wing virtue signaling atop a soapbox?

When did comedy just turn into left-wing virtue signaling atop a soapbox?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z68bNAkyzKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ZaoTsdf64
youtube.com/watch?v=B4BHeaSRJUo
youtube.com/watch?v=eiqtpX5j1XE
youtube.com/watch?v=j6BbzFUeVSE
youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g
youtube.com/watch?v=KhQ2EgS-Enw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aristophanes

when right wing nuts became so ripe for comedy it became irresistible to make a career out of pointing out how up their own ass and stupid they are

When their main cash-cow (GWB) left office

t. nu-male

Jews. They just see comedy as a way to manipulate the populace. If they want it can become right-wing if there's a way to profit from it

Because republicucks are to stupid to tell jokes

Did you know the word "racist" isn't even a century old?

It was also used to label tractors of communism. Racism is actually a meme.

when the republicans became a never ending joke that makes the comedians' job infinitely easier

>When did comedy just turn into left-wing virtue signaling atop a soapbox?
January 2009

Because what Hilary and the Democrats are doing isn't funny, it's deeply disturbing.

t. Thinkery student

If only there was a place for left-wing circlejerking on television...

This desu, senpai

Democrats made being a total faggot acceptable, so instead of laughing and some disgusting tranny fuck, people make fun of Jesus. (But not Muhammed, or Abraham)

people aren't interested in debate or different viewpoints they just want their opinion repeated to them.

First post best post

Holy shit this couldn't be any more right.

This is pretty correct, and I enjoy the daily show and colberts old show

The target audience is mostly young white people.
Young white people usually attend state funded college.
State funded colleges indoctrinate them with leftist propaganda.

Say what you will about Bill Maher but at least he hates Islam.

>implying private liberal arts colleges aren't worse

Would it kill you to check your spelling?

>virtue signaling

You mouthbreathing alt-right faggots are apparently too retarded to understand basic semiotics or social interaction so I'm going to explain something to you as simply as possible, so even your autistic brain can understand: almost every interaction with another person is subconsciously motivated by a desire for bonding and increased esteem. You are "virtue signalling" to your fedora tipping peers simply by using the term "virtue signalling" to show you hate them damn libcucks. You are using a meaningless terminology to whine about people you disagree with.

After Clinton got out of office.

His administration was the most leftist, slack-jawed faggot, feminist administration of all time,.

When did being made fun of turn into "bloo bloo bloo you're brainwashing people ;-;"?

This really made me think
Would Aristophanes have been considered left wing? A play like Lysistrata is about pacifism and women playing a political role but then again The Clouds basically led to Socrates' death and makes fun of the radical new philosophers.

>alt-right

You seem triggered.

t. booty blasted

>almost every interaction with another person is subconsciously motivated by a desire for bonding and increased esteem.
no no no no no no no no no no no NO!
Every single interaction you will ever have with someone is vying for dominance.
People who think they are smarter than you will manipulate you, people who are dumber than you will simply punch your lights out.
It's that simple.

>People who think they are smarter than you will manipulate you, people who are dumber than you will simply punch your lights out.
So I can only interact with Jews or niggers?

welcome to america

>ould Aristophanes have been considered left wing?
Is it really about pacifism or is it actually about the hysterical nature of women and the way men allow ourselves to be led around by our cocks by said hysterical women?

SNL started it. It was the first show to slide into base pandering and giving up on crafting jokes for "zany" set pieces and one-sided political haranguing.

Case in point

When they realized that they could do it.

In a later season Seinfeld episode the studio execs ask George "it's a show about nothing, why would people watch it?"
George replies annoyed: "Because it's on TV"

Same thing happened to late night shows and a lot of the television media today. People may just turn it off, but it's not like things will really get out of hand. So why not just do it?

It's been like that for ages.

Lenny Bruce stated it with his later unfunny years as his whole act turned into a moral stand against censorship.

Then George Carlin continued refining it.

It was all Bill Hicks could do and for some reason he's hailed as a comedy great despite never once being funny.

>virtue signalling
>Left virtues are: empathy, compassion, and open mindedness

What's the problem?

It's actually about stereotypes like all ancient Greek comedy
>mfw the Spartan dialect is translated as redneck speech in English versions

What about the right?

What about them? A bunch of monkeys wearing suits.

When they stopped being a crazy minority and became the norm.

Liberalism is the new religion in the West, it has latched onto the guilt that Christendom used to have a monopoly on.

Point proven.

Is that what your gender studies professor told you to say?

Suits, huh? They sound well dressed.

It's not like Ted Johnson the accountant from Raleigh, NC is going to decide he's fed up and make a studio on his own.
The media has its foundation and it simply can't be changed unless over a 30 year period.

In the meantime Ted Johnson gets to eat the spoonfuls of shit that the TV feeds him and he can either turn off the TV or just open his mouth and keep eating the shit because there isn't something that can be done about it.

>>Left virtues are: empathy, compassion, and open mindedness to the party and everyone that thinks like us, the rest can fuck off.

FTFY

>empathy
Too much empathy lead to embracing transsexuality instead of diagnosing it as mental illness
>compassion
People mistake your kindness for weakness(Islam)
and open mindedness
The more open a mind is, the easier it is to take a big fat shit on it.

because it's insincere.

What have you got against Ted bro

Comedy has always been a means of critiquing the righteous and powerful. The liberals have had the Robin Hood angle for decades now and it's very easy for them to punch up which is often far funnier and better feeling than punching down.

I can just see the veins popping on this fat balding nu-male forehead as he typed this anger filled foaming at the mouth mini essay

He's not wrong about the term being meaningless.

>I can just see the veins popping on this fat balding nu-male forehead as he typed this anger filled foaming at the mouth mini essay
What virtues did he signal by this?

You are undoubtably an insecure fucking faggot under the age of 21. No, when I have discussions with people, I'm not inherently trying to agree with whatever nonsense is coming out of their face.

This is the issue with the new generation. These kids need to be told to shut the FUCK up. They aren't special, their feelings aren't special, not everyone is a sparkling snowflake.

He is wrong. "Virtue signaling" is an in-depth explanation of being an ass kissing cunt, bitch.

Today some nigger can go on Tv and say, "Fuck white people kill Em all." If it's not immediately covered uup, there's faggots like you that defend all the "but what did he really mean?" notions.

Nice bait. "Semiotics" was a juicy bloody worm there

When did Sup Forums become some faux right wing neo nazi gathering site?

At this point in time, I don't even know if half of Sup Forums is trolling anymore. For sure there are some nutjobs there, but I used to think that most of them are just trolls.

Every single Trump thread is full of bigots.

youtube.com/watch?v=z68bNAkyzKQ

Really makes you think

It always was, only it made more sense back during the Bush administration because there were some pretty dire reasons for it to be. Attacking Trump isn't working as well for them because most of the American people are sick and tired of the Left due to the SJW nutcucks that have invaded it like a cancer. The years of endless whining about fee-fees and people pandering to it/enabling it has left the majority f the population ready to see it die the fuck off.

I truly hope you realize how easy you've actually had it here in the last 6 or so years. No matter who gets elected in November, the gloves come off. You think you're "oppressed" now? You fucking gargantuan, animated beanie baby? Op-eds and Twitter snark won't be able to save you from a country-wide ass-beating.

>bigots :'((

Kill yourself weak numale faggot.

The Bush Administration was so fucking terrible that criticizing it was easy and anyone who was defending it almost certainly an idiot, a shill, or both.

But Hollywood got so hopped up on being corrrect about the stupidity of neoconservatism that they came to take it forgranted that they wouldn't be right about everything forever. Now they've pushed too far to the left and can't understand why people don't greet their calls to flood the country with refugees and illegals with the same reception that they gave their calls not to invade countries for no reason last decade.

>alt-right

When did Sup Forums just turn into alt-right pussies crying about literally everything?

Niggers are a problem
Multiculturalism doesn't work
Islam is a violent religion
You can't have a functioning economy of you flood the country with illegal setbacks
Women are priveleged, more so than men.
The Jews did fuck with Germany post ww1
White privelege doesn't exist

Are you triggered?

>Would Aristophanes have been considered left wing
i'm thinking that even progressive views from over a thousand years ago would be considered very conservative by modern leftist standards

NUMALES BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ZaoTsdf64

>Ghostbusters is hilarious suck it man babies!

>you

>Left virtues are:
>empathy
youtube.com/watch?v=B4BHeaSRJUo
>compassion
youtube.com/watch?v=eiqtpX5j1XE
>open mindedness
youtube.com/watch?v=j6BbzFUeVSE

you certainly are lmao

>century old

It should be just about. I imagine Lenin was working his magic on the poor with it in 1916.

2 more years until Revolution.

Are you?

Both right wing and left wing nuts are equally insane.

You should really question why only one side is being made fun of these days.

You should question why comedians don't make jokes about transgender people.

You should question why one religion is constantly lambasted in the media and others aren't

you should question why you hear from national television every time a Christian nut does something and cites the bible, but you never hear anything about how crazy the quran is.

It's election year, user. Just a bunch of edgy teens venting and trolling and projecting their insecurities.

IRL, they wouldn't be brave enough to say what they type aloud.

No hard feelings, kid

Well no, I wholeheartedly believe this. Does this fact upset you? That was the original question

>implying it is any of those things

Sup Forums is counterculture, it shifts right as the world shifts left and vice versa

so much truth in a single post.

This is pretty much the summary of the world's problems in a nutshell.

>tfw I was left leaning and still sort of am, but the SJWs and their ilk keep pushing me further and further right*

Where do I go from here, bros? I don't want to end up like the average Trump supporter.
What other options are there?

(though it's not just SJWs, my friends are far-left and talking to them about their politics has also pushed me further right, too.)

The big problem there is they have been the dominant and sole cultural force for decades. They are the monsters that they claim to fight, blackballing anyone who disagrees with their inside circlejerk.

>You should question why one religion is constantly lambasted in the media and others aren't

>you should question why you hear from national television every time a Christian nut does something and cites the bible, but you never hear anything about how crazy the quran is

The USA has been actively torturing and slaughtering Muslims since at least 2001. Longer if you count the first Gulf War and continued bombing of Iraq from 1991 to present day a quarter century later.

Why the fuck do you feel the need to add insult to injury?

He also regularly invites guests to his show that everybody knows will disagree with him. Rick Santorum was on his last show. The show definitely has a bias, but he's always been open about the fact that he's a super liberal person, it's useful to gauge the mood of the country I find though, whether good or not.

>The Jews did fuck with Germany post ww1
actually the jews began the civil war to try and take over german government while ww1 was still happening

how is Dice right wing, he's just a guy who "tells it like it is" his asshole persona was part of the act.

Nobody in the UK even knows who this guy is, it's amazing how much Americans love an English accent.

What happened was everyone loved to be edgy and racist on /new/ then the actual racists flooded in thinking they found a new home, it's quite hilarious

The 70/80's

>youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g

What is wrong with supporting trump? He's objectively better than Hillary

They also became colossal hypocrites, Obama committed every foreign policy sin of the Bushes and worse, not one voice of condemnation from the same people who rightfully called Bush out for his shit.

Syria and Libya and Iran, where are the late-nate show hosts who will make jokes about these disasters?

>virtue signalling
>Left virtues are: sanctimony, manipulation, and closeted hatred

You niggers are all nut cases

fucking nu-males i wish we could go back to the good old days when men were men and you slapped a woman if she tried to put you in the "friend zone" and niggers weren't so uppity about the police beating the shit out of them. i can't wait for based trump train to save us from all the scary brown people of the world. shitlery for prison all years

Because Muslims have commited genocide and atrocities since the 1900S? Read a fucking book retard

I don't give a shit, you're the one who has to live with it.
Gotta respect you keep fighting a losing battle, keep on going friend.

epic cherrypicking

the few sure do represent the many, right my friend?

also how do you know that half of these twitter dumbfucks have a political leaning, besides the ones that specifically mention BLM?

Not being a sensitive little cunt bitch literally means you're right wing in 2016

youtube.com/watch?v=KhQ2EgS-Enw

Based Yuri, fuck I hope as the decades pass he will be taught about in classrooms.

For the record lads, 75% of the Soviet Unions budget went into Subversion rather than the Military if you can believe it.