Hey military anons, looking for some friendly advice

Hey military anons, looking for some friendly advice.

Will start with basic info

>24
>college grad
>years of work experience
>no criminal record
>good grades
>athletic

Always wanted to join. At the moment I'm actually looking at my SF - 86 form. I've been in the process of applying for Army OCS.
I've thought long and hard about my future prospects and what would be better in terms of work, and wages. Which is definitely OCS. And then I've thought about what it is I want before I'm 30.
I want to experience soldering. I want to learn those skills. But I also want to contribute through the peace corp and then travel for a while.
I also want to finish my masters while I'm in the service.
I know now that there is an option for 2 year active duty contracts. However I'm not aware if I can do the peace corp after the 2 years active etc etc.

Tomorrow I have to go and deliver my packet to my Army recruiter for him to start processing.
I have the ASVAB next Wed. and then MEPS probably in a couple weeks.
Should I sit down with my recruiter and explain my long term goal? Should I simply make the case that it would be a waste of time for both him and me?

I'm having a hard time making up my mind on which option to choose.

Like I said, I know being an officer is way way better in terms of pay and a career path.
But I don't want to make a career out of the Army. I want to do my damn, gain the experience and get out. Not spend 5 years in it, and also waiting for about a year now to see if I even get accepted.

Anyone who can provide insight into the life right now?

>another welfare queen
fuck off

Poop

>autist who didn't cut it at MEPS

Fuck that dude, go Air Force. I ship on memorial day.

MODS MODS MODS

OP, I'm not sure you can go in commissioned with a two year hitch. I think it's five of four years. But honestly officer is the only way to go. I was enlisted for eight years and it blew balls, but it paid for school and I got to go to Europe for three years

while you can still get experience and benefits in 2 years, it's kinda pointless. The military is not a get in, get out kinda thing. If you plan on joining the military you should expect to go bare minimum 4 years.

Currently active duty AF, I don't suggest it. It's a political shitshow lately, so unless that's something you love dealing with on a daily basis, then you better embrace the suck now.

Yeah, be it Army or AF, I'd definitely suggest officer. Enlisted get shit on hardcore. Pay is better, options are better, etc.

Bruh I won't be dealing with that sort of stuff, I got tactical aircraft.

I wouldn't be able to go in commissioned with the 2 years. The 2 years is for enlistee's and part of the National call to service option by congress.
2 years active, 2 years reserve/national guard, and then during the remaining 4 you have the option of Americorp or Peace corp while also finishing school. I\Problem is it's far less pay, and obviously, not a commission.
The thing with Officer route is the commitment in time and energy to it that is totally centered around the military. If I do go OCS I'd like to go combat arms.
I can do some other jobs, but I'd like to get that experience under my belt.

Like I mentioned above, I want to serve in other capacities that wouldn't limit me like e a full 4 year enlistment or OCS route which will take up about 5-6 years of my life. But I also understand OCS comes with way more perks for my future.

What's your MOS?

political shit show for Officer route? or Enlistees?

Also I understand the OCS is a way better option for bennies and pay. But it would also limit me to doing things like Peace corp volunteer and I feel like it would take a lot more time away from me trying to pursue my Masters.

You cannot join the peace corps if you have ever been in the military.

There are other charities though

That's wrong tho.
Peace Corp doesn't take people involved with intel work.

Avionics- tactical aircraft
A little worried lately though because my recruiter said that I could be disqualified for any cuts on my body or even flesh wounds. I burned myself on a 425 degree fahrenheit piece of metal under my forearm and it shows.

Hopefully that works out better for you, then lol. 4N0 is in a pretty shitty state, or at least it is at my base.

What the Recruiter tells you
>OCS? Haha totally
>peace corp after? Yeah why not?
>yeah bro i got you haha!
What hes acutally thinking
>INFANTRY
>enjoy your vacation at fort benning you shitbag

Security forces
>training over
>time for weekend
>that one guy who is already plastered before he can put his gear away
>pic related
God I loved tech school so much now it's gate duty for a couple years.

At my base, it's that way for both routes. But I will say that it's better for Officers, for sure.

As others have said already, it's kinda hard to make the military a two year thing, and then just dip out. They'll want more of a commitment out of you than that, or they'll likely tell you no. If you're going into this with a solid plan for the future, and know how you want to make that happen, then Officer might not work out due to the time they'd want to get out of you.

Got a buddy going into security forces, I actually took his original MOS. I'm jealous of him a litttle though.

Fellow SF member here.
CAN I GET AN ALRIGHT

I want Infantry though, or anything else in the combat arms.

I've had office jobs. I've had manual labor jobs. I have a college degree. It's not what I'm looking to do right now.

I've looked into Tacp for the airforce and Swcc for Navy as well.

Also
Jailhouse over firehouse boyo

>I want to experience soldering.
You won't experience soldering as an officer, just sayin

DEFENDERS!
PROTECT DEEZ NUTZ HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

If youre highspeed and shit try and get an 18X contract.

All you air force nerds suck.

Well like I said, that's my plan, but I'm not sure if it's a plausible plan. I'll continue to move forward with the OCS packet if it's not. If it is, then I'll talk to my recruiter and put together a plan and date to ship out for the 2 year active.

I'm not much of a career man. It's one of my faults. Never have been. I'm painfully aware that being an officer is waaaaay better for my future plans though so it's tough right now.

Jailhouse Cq at 3am boyo
Literally played with a frog until the sun came up then let him go

I can score 220-250 on PT as of right now.

Why is this picture so funny

Nothing like getting piss drunk at skylark and pulling trig right before accountability.

user, bro, listen forget the peace Corps. Seriously it's not what it was 30 years ago, do the OCS thing, go to school be a scientist or some shit, don't live your life for other people. You want to help cure some shit. Invent a cure for Muslims. Something that will benefit us all

Any tips on this guys? I accidentally burned myself the other day under my forearm and it's still visible. My recruiter said that if I had any flesh wounds I could be disqualified. I ship on memorial day.

Deadass B

-ex-Navy, 6 years enlisted

How autistic are you? If you're socially awkward no one will respect you and it will make everyone's life harder. And don't bother doing any time in the service for less than 4 years. You won't hardly get any experience and some retired guys don't even count 'one and done' as service.

Awe did the Muslim get offended? Tell you what, I fry you up some bacon and we will chat about it man to stinking fucking savage that rapes children.

OP here, I mean, I have 14 stitches across my stomach from a Kidney tumor as an infant. Havn't gone to MEPS yet by the recruiters in the office took a look at it, called it gnarly, asked me some questions and said shouldn't be a problem.

Then your probably not cut out for it. Officer pension is nice for only 20 years and if you can't pull that off then oh well

I'm not autistic at all. I'm extremely social. I've had leadership positions in the civie world. I've been in charge of teams between 3-8 people in manual labor and corporate settings. I'm a good leader and good at strategy. Part of why OCS appeals to me.

So one night chief thought it would be a good idea to put all the piss drunk people on the podium for the creed and one of them projectile vomited on two of the ropes counting up appointment slips. Everyone almost died and they just dismissed everyone for the night. Good times when you're not the one making the stupid decisions

That won't fly at MEPs buddy.

TOP KEK!!!!

I'm 24, those are stitches from when I was 2. Why wouldn't it fly? I've been in wrestling, MMA, crew, Baseball, soccer and football. It's never been a problem.

Oh wow, check out my quads.

TL;DR

If you want to join, then just fucking do it. Quit being a pussy.

If you don't want to join then fuck off and quit asking, 'cause you're a pussy.

Thanks for the absolute shit advice.

Oh wait hold on, I was thinking you had actual stitches. Sorry for my shit braindness there.

Woh... Current Armyfag here.. Why are you going to MEPS and taking the ASVAB? If you're going OCS you need to talk to an OCS Recruiter.. not a general enlisted recruiter... youll get fucked over..

This guy knows his recruiting games.. Obvious VetFag.. hahaha If only i knew then what i know now..

Deadass B
>as in agreeing with the "invent a cure" you fucking dingus

My understanding is Army doesn't have OCS recruiters. I've looked into it.
ASTB-E is for the Navy's officer routes, but I need a GT score of 110 on the ASVAB for Army OCS.

I'm basically just asking if, given what I want to do in my life, is OCS worth it despite it's awesome benefits, the weight it carries of being an officer, better pay. Or is the 2 year option a better fit. 2 year active, 2 year reserve, couple years in Peace corp or America corp.

And especially since I want to go combat arms I definitely don't want to get bored off my ass couple years in and think about what else I could be doing rather than running drills.

my fault, I meant stitches as in scars from the stitches.

There are OCS recruiters just like there are Warrant, and Enlisted ones.. You may have to look around and there may only be one in your state but they will come to you and help you out..

Is someone but hurt because they couldn't qualify for the AF?