I work for the marketing and PR company hired for War Dogs and wanted to spill some beans...

I work for the marketing and PR company hired for War Dogs and wanted to spill some beans. The trailer is tracking incredibly poorly. The reason? People fucking hate Miles Teller. He actively makes viewers cringe with hate. Ive seen the numbers and believe this is a huge reason for the Fantastic Flop as well, which goes unsaid. People see this guy and want to punch him, not see his films. This is why our trailer puts him in the background for Jonah and Bradley who is BARELY in the
movie. The studio dyke we dealt with wouldnt hear of it btw and said muh whiplash. (Where being a douche was his entire character). I know the answer: lets put
him in ANOTHER hundred million dollar movie.

Wtf op I actually like Miles Teller.

I squeel every time I watch Awkward Moment

SAVE US, HITLER-SAN!

I was surprised that he was still getting work after Fantfourstic. I probably won't be watching this.

>The reason? People fucking hate Miles Teller. He actively makes viewers cringe with hate.
And you actually thought this would be a shock to us?
Look at his face

>it's another movie that satirizes capitalism by portraying the rich as party animals
How many times has this movie been made by now?

Yeah, I don't get Miles Teller. At all.

It's guys like him, who seemingly come out of nowhere, and then get big film after big film, that make people anti-semitic. It's obvious what's going on here.

Teller just isn't a movie star. He's not good looking or charismatic enough.

Jonah Hill is fine. Unlike other people on this board I like him. He's was fucking awesome in Wolf of Wall Street. He's a funny guy.

Based Johah Hill

>Jonah Hill is fine. Unlike other people on this board I like him. He's was fucking awesome in Wolf of Wall Street. He's a funny guy.

Jonah Hill has that rare quality of not give a fuck that you rarely see in actors

Will jonah the whale live to see 40?

This is based on a true story. Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe that rich people are assholes?

>Teller recounts a direct message he—a twenty-eight-year-old actor still trying to find his place in his profession—sent to five-time NBA champion Kobe Bryant through Twitter: Kobe, watched your Showtime documentary. Really related to what you're talking about and striving for greatness and how it can oftentimes be an isolated journey, and how relationships can be a weakness in a way, if you're really kind of going after it.

>He has clearly spent a lot of time thinking about the careers of other actors. He goes into an animated rant about Leo and Bradley and Jake Gyllenhaal and Vince Vaughn, and how it's almost impossible to win an Academy Award as a man under thirty, and Tom Hanks, and Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jeff Bridges, Dustin Hoffman. "But if I'm really homing in on the dramatic performance right now, it's probably Christian Bale or it's Joaq."

>He was supposed to play the lead in the Whiplash follow-up, La La Land. He says director Damien Chazelle offered him the part when they were filming Whiplash, way before it became an Oscar-winning hit. Teller gets a little nervous telling the story, tearing his dinner roll to shreds and claiming he doesn't know what happened before deciding, whatever, "These are just facts." He explains that he almost passed up the chance to be in Arms and the Dudes because it would have conflicted with La La Land. "And I got a call from my agent, saying, 'Hey, I just got a call from Lionsgate. Damien told them that he no longer thinks you're creatively right for the project. He's moving on without you.'" So he sent him a text: What the fuck, bro?

Miles Teller is the King of the Screen. I read it so it must be true.

>The studio dyke we dealt with wouldnt hear of it btw and said muh whiplash.

Whats she gonna do by the time the movie is filmed? Decide she hates the main lead?

Producers are just retards who spend money of dumber investor retards

I'm actually somewhat excited for this film
Looks light-hearted and fun. I don't expect it to be good though

And nothing you've said surprises me at all

>The studio dyke we dealt with wouldnt hear of it btw and said muh whiplash. (Where being a douche was his entire character).

The old 'Armie Hammer' effect

Guy gets known playing some douchebag in a well received movie

Guy is absolutely loathed by everyone in the world and poisons everything he touches

it's a shame because when I saw The Spectacular Now I thought Teller had a hell of a lot of promise but now it seems like he's just a sellout douchebag

This. I have nothing against him, besides his punchable face, but he's such a forced actor it's crazy.

You know going into the Divergent movies all the actors likely thought it'd be fantastic for their careers

Never seen a movie series devolve so much as it
>1st - half decent movie
>2nd movie - so bad its kinda entertaining
>3rd movie - gonna need more alcohol to finish this piece of shit

Have either of you seen The Spectacular Now?

He gives a pretty amazing performance in that movie. Highly recommend you check it out.

he does have a very grating, annoying face

Armie is qt tho.
Miles isn't.

Wait how is his character a douchebag in whiplash?

You were saying?

very punchable tbqh

>He's not good looking

>"I was thinking about that today, how I probably think I'm better-looking than the public thinks I am," he says with a laugh, like it's funny that he's willed himself into a higher tier of male beauty through limitless confidence. "I was in one of these forums about a film I did, and it's like, 'This dude is so ugly! How does he get fucking parts?'

He may be among us, even now

Not sure if serious

Well yeah, that's a given. But I'm sick of movies that think the best way to "expose" and mock the rich is by glorifying their lifestyle.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Those numbers are so fucking bad, imagine how much they spent on marketing the lone ranger, kek

its been said before but he looks like a lesbian

Honestly, I think he's easily the best of that Apatow crew.

Both Jump Street movies are good.

Moneyball was good.

Wolf of Wall Street.

I even liked that cartoon he did. He's legit based.

I really can't stand Seth Rogen though.

>just maybe that rich people are assholes?

maybe poor people are assholes?
maybe some people are assholes?
maybe rich people are good but they live boring lives and that doesnt make good cinema?

Hill is easily the best of the Apatow crew, by a long shot.

Those 4 movies you just listed are better than the combined filmographies of the Apatow bitches.

Moneyball is such an underrated movie. Though I more love it for Pitt's incredible performance.

>pretty amazing performance

you dont know shit about acting

fuck miles

Why is Sup Forums so fucking stupid?

Any other board the OP would be met with ridicule but this fucking board. It's impressive how gullible its userbase is.

Hill is great because he acts like a douchebag in spite of not exactly looking like a douchebag. Like he's the fat friend who will shit on you before you shit on him but looks like he'll let you walk all over him. He's funny as shit, I don't care if Jew connections gave him his in, he's got actual talent.
Teller looks like a douchebag, talks like a douchebag, probably is a douchebag. Untalented, dull, he's going to be jobbing when he's older.

He looks stereotypically Jewish and neither his personality or the parts he is given make up for this, so nobody likes him.

He's a result of Jewish nepotism as are a lot of Jewish actors, but usually they have some looks or chops to defend themselves with, he's lacking.

I like Armie. He was good in that comfy Snow White movie a few years back. Haven't seen Lone Ranger though.

Yeah, I watched it again lately. It holds up. Pitt was subtlety excellent.

you sound like a retard. Teller's performance in that movie is objectively excellent.

Yeah, it's such a quiet, restrained performance for Pitt. He conjures an extremely moving portrait of a guy desperately seeking redemption. Those final moments in the car are really beautiful in particular.

its the mighty ducks meets the social network

>we're a rag tag group of nobodies using the power of science to win gods game of baseball!

word is the film is kind of good, though, if a real stretch from actual events. i don't mind that they stretch the truth, i mind that they make the film entertaining. is it funny at least, judgments on the actors notwithstanding?

I'm not sure if that's a criticism of the movie or not.

The movie uses baseball as a way of exploring human beings. It's hardly the point of the movie.

Also I'm not sure how an established manager who was once a professional player is a nobody but okay

wtf I told them I liked the trailer.

While not as good as Hill, Danny McBride by himself out does most of the Apatow crew too

>It's a The Hangover guy desperately tries to be Scorsese only to slip and fall into a pile of Jonah Hill's shit episode
Tragic.

That movie was pretty good but that wasn't because of Miles.

Hammer is an old school leading man.
Teller is a fucking nu-male.

Hated him until I read that esquire magazine interview where it was confirmed he is a giant cunt in real life.

If he looks like a cunt and IS a cunt, I can almost respect a man for that.

Hammer couldnt lead a marching band

Being tall and handsome doesnt make you a leader, it makes you tall and handsome.

I hate him just about as much as I hate Nat Wolff. Neither of them have any business being in as many movies as they are. Both of their faces are so punchable that it hurts not being able to do it when I see them on my screen.

holy shit you sound like a fag, why would anyone listen to you just become you work in a marketing company? Miles Teller is a punchable sure and thats why they have jonah hill in it. Every day jonah hill is on set is probably six hundred thousand where miles is probably 4 hundred.

I like that movie, but he isn't doing anything remarkable. Regardless of his actual personality, he can play a likable John Cusack type pretty well

I loved Whiplash so I checked out Miles giving an interview on a late night talk show.

What a self-unaware douche.

I don't hate Miles Teller, he's just an anti-draw. I don't want to watch his movies even though I liked That Awkward Moment and Whiplash.

I think War Dogs would have potential if they used someone else.

I saw War Dogs last weekend via MWR here on the New London sub base. Teller did a good job, nothing revolutionary. Sort of a vanilla role, his character doesn't do anything outlandishly retarted or unexpected, unlike Hill, who was fantastic. This film was basically the Big Short + Wolf of Wall Street. I found it very enjoyable, 8/10 imo.