What was that one film, Sup Forums?

What was that one film, Sup Forums?

That one film that made you, for the first time, consider cinema as an artform and not just entertainment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cF-hZECmuiw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Citizen Kane

kek, that movie is GOAT

Thin Red Line

Is that /ss/?

Speaking seriously...? Days of Heaven. And I'm not just sayin that because a couple of malick films were already posted in this thread. Maybe the man's movies are just special.

capekino xD

This and Eraserhead

>slice of life type film
>nothing happens
>some cosmic imagery and narrator asks deep questions (le why are we here, why did God make Job suffer, why do children die, etc.) to make the movie seem deep

In the Mood For Love.

back to

probably Pulp Fiction. I was 13. Before that I was just a sci-fi or raunchy comedy purist. Pulp Fiction opened doors to so much.

the sexual tension between those two, Jesus Christ lads.

I can't really remember a time when I didn't feel that way desu.

I was watching trash like 2001 when I was 10 or 11 so I think I was taking it pretty seriously

certainly not this panty pad commercial.

although i'll fight anyone who thinks badlands and days of heaven arent great

Tree of Life is better

those 2 movies are both incredible though

>man, distraught over his brother's death, reminisces over his formative years and how his mother and father have influenced him, against the backdrop of the universe's history, and reconciles a personal tragedy with eternity, humbling himself to God's creation much like Job has

Seems cohesive and meaninfgul to me. Pretty looking movie too.

>against the backdrop of the universe's history
was there a purpose to this?

>each one of our lives encompasses the drama and tragedy of the entire universe, we are all a part of a grander symphony of existence, etc etc etc

The Matrix, or The Dark Knight.

Honestly this one.

I really like this film

This was actually the flick that led me to realize the distinction between films made for the purpose of making an artistic statement and films made for the purpose of making a profit.

2001: A Space Odyssey when I was 12. I know it's considered pleb, but fuck you it's a great experience and at the age of 12 it was like seeing god.

Pain & Gain

>I was watching trash like 2001 when I was 10 or 11

A-Armond?

Not sure about artform. But the one that got me really interested in movies was goodfellas. I was 18.

Certainly not that.
Probably the Wall idk.

I hope Twilight was an example of a film made for the purpose of making an artistic statement. If not, you are an idiot.

I am begging you to please explain to me how the first Twilight movie was intended by its creators to be a work of art and not a soulless cashgrab capitalizing on the YA-fiction book-of-the-month

s-sauce?

The name is as on the cover - Gusomilk. The only place I could find it is TPB, but it is probably not seeded anymore. Try google. Also watch is from 8:30
youtube.com/watch?v=cF-hZECmuiw

The Life Aquatic.

So it's basically a six-hour Roxy Raye highlight reel?

Oh you probably know better. I only watch X-Art and Nubilefilms.

Seeing Pans Labyrinth and then the next year There Will Be Blood in theaters. I was 13-14, and I think they really opened my eyes to what movies could do and could be.

The Last Picture Show

>begging you to please explain
It could have been intended to be a cashgrab, but ended up being an art. Why do I have to explain obvious things.

Was this a meme I missed out on?

Holy fuck. That's what fat kids used to look like.

Well I should not be surprised seeing a person not liking Twilight. But nevertheless it is very comfy and atmospheric film. Perfect to watch on a rainy day in a warm room with a cup of tea.

>movies men will never understand