I think we can all agree this is on of the best financial movies today

I think we can all agree this is on of the best financial movies today.

It was a blatant rip off of Wolf of Wall Street

It has literally nothing in common with Wolf of Wall Street except Margot Robbie and finance.

That's is probably the most retarded comment I've seen about this movie.

Are you retarded or something?
fuck off

No, I'm not retarded.

Margin Call felt more honest. Taking place in real-time helped.

I liked The Big Short, but Wolf of Wall Street was far superior.

Margin Call was a great movie I agree, it showed how the inside world was at the peak of the crisis.

The Big Short explains how it came to happen and why people saw it coming.

Wolf of Wall Street is basically a hollywood blockbuster.

Big Short is a total Hollywood blockbuster, more so than WOWS, which really isn't a blockbuster. It's a very adult movie.

>looks into camera
>"They're just going to blame it on poor people and minorities."
>30 seconds later
>Carrell's character says the same thing again like we didn't already hear it

The Big Short gives an explanation of an event while giving the audience a pat on the back, pointing out explicitly who the "bad" characters are and who the "good." Then we can sit back and nod our heads appreciatively and whisper "wow, those guys sure fucked us." It's such a piece of garbage. It's also terribly made. Can anyone explain to me the use of the handheld cameras? It is one of the ugliest movies I have ever seen and it seemingly serves no purpose.

The editing in the movie was fucking poor too. There are at least three scenes where dialogue is drowned out by the music, and it's music that isn't actually in the scene.

margin call is the goat

>meanwhile in the 30 seconds
>explains how none of wall st actually got in trouble
>reiterates that the poor are going to get the blame

shave.

>one of the best financial movies
so a pretty meh flick

Big Short is nowhere near a blockbuster.

see It explains the basics while not delving to deep (go watch a documentary or read the book) while staying apolitical.

>let's have a scene where Margot Robbie talks down to the audience cause they are too stupid to understand

Not surprised Sup Forums likes it

I like it too when Margot Robbie speaks down to me

I only have stubble right now.

It was a really really stupid thing

If you don't care about finance then yeah maybe

wol street wolf is just a shitty movie with a shitty actor explaining to you that it's bad to take drugs

big short is a movie about a financial crisis
interesting
(but a little short may be because it doesn't explain so well that this crisis is of zero consequences for banksters because in the end you are the one who supports the risks with your taxes for their mistakes and criminal behaviours)
but interesting

how are you enjoying your summer?

this movie is trash

came across like one giant reddit post

my point is, why would I watch the movie? what is its purpose?

A movie like Wolf of Wall Street takes financial corruption and turns it into a much larger, denser treatise on American corruption and the insatiable greed that consumes most of us. A movie that satirizes its audience by tantalizing us, drawing us in to the debauchery on-screen, tangible demonstrating our own unhealthy impulses that allow us to get sucked in to Belfort's immoral inhumanity.

What is the Big Short by comparison? A quasi-history lesson with shitty characters that congratulates its audience for having the moral wherewithal to shake our heads at the bad characters being depicted. It's such a superficial piece of shit that is also absolutely terribly made.

Meh, 2/5 b8.

It's a book adaption. If reality is too reddit for you then I don't know what to say.

It's purpose is to explain in an apolitical way how the financial crisis came to happen. How certain people saw it coming because it was so obvious while the government and all its experts apparently did not.

>Apolitical
>>"They're just going to blame it on poor people and minorities."

Did you like work on this movie or something?

> the insatiable greed that consumes most of us
>us
no
not a sec

questions of no interest

how can anyone be so dumb to find this interesting

>it seemingly serves no purpose.
I don't know, it got me to read the book. That shit was very fascinating, user.

This is how I know you didn't even watch the movie, or if you did you're too retarded to understand the most basic explanation.

Not at all, I'm just not retarded.

It was shit.

us in the collective sense

and how is that a question of no interest? the trend towards a culture that views empty materialism more and more insatiably to the point that it devalues human life, I think that's pretty interesting.

You on the other hand seem to think that a movie that floods us with info about a financial crisis is somehow the most fascinating thing. How little time do you spend reading books?

>im too stupid

We get it.

So what I go on Reddit... Grow up dude, this is a public board for anyone, not your personal space for misogyny and other dumb shit... Jesus Christ..

To be fair, that's exactly what they did. Half of the right wing in this country thinks Obama caused it by passing the CRA and telling Freddie and Fannie to give out loans to niggers.

its not one of, its the best economic/financial movie ever.

I understand the film, in fact it was obnoxious how they broke the fourth wall to spoon feed plotpoints a second time with their bullshit opinion added. This film was pretentious crap aimed to make people feel smart for understanding basic economics.

how fucking clueless do you have to be about the economy to think this

name better ones

you think this is the best movie about money ever?

are you so uncultured?

>bullshit opinion

Do elaborate please

well if i'm trying to learn about the economy i'd watch a documentary. even that enron movie is better than this

and if i'm trying to watch entertaining drama about the stock market or something there are about 1000 better choices

>and if i'm trying to watch entertaining drama about the stock market or something there are about 1000 better choices
ok then why didn't you answer his question and name one

is this good because I saw the trailer and it looks painfully obvious that they're all actors in costumes

L'Eclisse
Money
Margin Call
Wolf of Wall Street
Glengarry Glen Ross

that took 30 seconds of thought

GOTEEEEEEEEEE

>Glengarry Glen Ross

maybe you could have added another 30 seconds

>don't pay your mortgage
>it was da jewz!

Why do we like financial films so much?

They aren't created very often because there isn't a very large draw for that subject matter. Most people who go to the movie theater want to escape from their worries, which, generally, stem from some type of financial issue.

I'm not saying I agree with that, I love movies about finance, but they probably don't make many of them for that reason: not escapist enough.

I wonder if that's the same reason there are only like a couple dozen movies about journalism? Nah, probably not, because journalistic stories can mostly just transfer directly into the human interest stories that were being covered in the first place. You don't have to include the middleman in the narrative if you don't want to.

Please tell me this is bait.