Favorite Smiths song?

Favorite Smiths song?
For me it's a tie between I Want the One I Can't Have and Barbarism Begins at Home.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qdOHPjMzY8s
youtube.com/watch?v=E_aW25wZ4Bc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There Is a Light That Never Goes Out

BIGMOUTH STRIKES AGAIN

Might be a pleb pick, but I always go with This Charming Man

What Difference Does It Make is the catchiest

Nice choices, I really like the songs that are more soft and in a minor key. They sound more real than the ones that just sound happy and poppy.

The boy with the thorn in his side.
youtube.com/watch?v=qdOHPjMzY8s

how do smith fans feel about meat is murder? I can't listen to it, the cow screams are too much

I love the composition of Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others, rumour is Moz intentionally wrote retarded lyrics for it to spite Marr

Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me
How Soon is Now?
This Charming Man

are my go tos

It's the worst track on the album by a mile

The song meat is murder is easily the worst on the album, and it sucks because having a shitty title track kind of killed that album, even though some of my favorite songs are on there.

it changes, right now i'd say still ill
amazing song, not pleb at all

it's a good song niggers, i'm not a vegan and i really don't give a shit about cows but i still like it

definitely the worst on the album but not shitty

My girlfriend's vegan and she hates it :^)

golden lights and paint a vulgar picture are shitty songs

at least meat is murder sounds nice

Title track still beats What's She Said but they're both good

I Know It's Over is their best overall

>paint a vulgar picture
Probably their worst song.

Sweet And Tender Hooligan has always been my favorite but Handsome Devil comes pretty close.

I like Every Day is Like Sunday (because I hate Sundays) and that one about Hector being the first of the gang to die. I thought that was touching,

Well I Wonder, Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others and This Charming Man.

Handsome Devil

What the fuck? Paint A Vulgar Picture is great.

Fucking plebs I swear

To paraphrase the poet himself, the lyrics to Paint a Vulgar Picture say nothing to me about my life.

I Know It's Over.

It's very emotionally heavy and relatable for me.

Honorable mention to Reel Around the Fountain, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore and Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

Well, of course, because the song is about greedy major labels.

Their worst song is Golden Lights or Death At One's Elbow

Stop me if you think you've heard this one before
That joke isn't funny anymore

I don't know. It is kind of embarrassing to love Moz the way I do. But I get it with him somehow. So awkward. So touched and offended.

Reel Around the Fountain and Miserable Lie are underrated. You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby and Cemetry Gates are pretty good as well.

There Is a Light That Never Goes Out

Am I the only one who loves I Don't Owe You Anything?

The headmaster ritual
A bit plebby but oh well

>Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
>This Charming Man

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle.
Also most favorite song of all time

i know it´s over

This Charming Man, Still Ill, Hand In Glove, What Difference Does it Make. Best 4 song segment of any album EVER desu

Nowhere Fast or Still Ill

This Night Has Opened My Eyes

the hand that rocks the cradle

What differens does It make ?

Big mouth strikes again

Barbarism begins At home

> suffer litlle children, Just to Be edgy

You've Got Everything Now
Girlfriend In A Coma

Please please please let me get what I want

This and Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before, I Started Something I Couldn't Finish, You've Got Everything Now and The Queen Is Dead.

Meant to reply to OP

the one where he whines

Headmaster Ritual

Thank fuck you said it, between that and William, It Was Really Nothing, Headmaster Ritual just destroys me in the best way
Saw Johnny when he opened with this and it was beautiful

All Smiths song are hits

anyways, "How soon is now?"

but could be any other really

Name a Smiths song that sucks

Golden lights

Pleb-ish choice, but I'll go with This Charming Man

I like Marr's work on Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others, even though it's not one of their best songs. That outro, though youtube.com/watch?v=E_aW25wZ4Bc

>ctrl + f to see how many times The Night Has Opened My Eyes has been said
>no results

What Difference Does It Make, There Is a Light, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, Headmaster Ritual. Honourable mentions go to The Queen is Dead, Reel Around The Fountain, Well I Wonder and I Know It's Over

I want the one I can't have, still ill, nowhere fast

This one

How Soon is Now.

Maybe it's partly ironic as it reminds me of being a kid and my mum watching charmed, maybe I just love the wobbly nostalgic sound, but something about it makes me feel great and gets me hyped as fuck every time I hear it

Dude, I used to watch Charmed with my mom too. Now she's dead.

Suffer little children. It's the fucking most beautiful song in the word.

Rusholme Ruffians

Fuck man I'm sorry to hear that. Does How Soon is Now remind you of her?

I hardly see my mum because we don't get along but just hearing it always takes me back to a time where things were different. It's silly that a tv theme song can do that but I think it's stuck with me because I always thought the song sounded rad despite being too young to know who the Smiths were at the time, and my mum being Wiccan used to watch the fucking thing all the time.

let me get my hands on your mammary glands.

>Does How Soon is Now remind you of her?

Yeah. Or anything by the Doors. That's why I don't listen to them.

Growing up with a wiccan mom sounds crazy. Did she talk about spirits and stuff to you? Mine was always talking about ghosts. I think that fucked me up a little bit.

I like: Back to the Old House (Peel Session version), I Don't Owe You Anything, This Night Has Opened My Eyes.

They're the only ones I come back to time and time again.

Yeah she was all about tarot cards, talking to spirits, and she used to do weird shit with her friends in the living room that I only ever got glimpses of. My dad (they're divorced) used to talk shit on her for dancing around maypoles and that sort of thing but he never mentions it these days.

I never understood it as a kid and it used to embarrass me a lot so I never had any friends over, I only ever went to their places. Some of the shit I think about now makes me laugh at how obvious and overt it was (literal spell books, jewellery, crazy ass shit everywhere) but I only noticed the REALLY obvious stuff at the time.

Being a scorpio she was convinced that she knew everything about me and that I was inherently 'nasty' so I think that fucked me a bit lmao

imo Some Girls has Morrissey's worst lyrics but Johnny's best guitar work in their entire catalogue
One of my favorites because who the fuck cares about Moz anyway

great song, it really inspired me to go vegan. strongly respect moz for not being afraid to talk about an issue so loud.

Girlfriend In A Coma

It's crazy we have similar moms. Mine saw me as a punishment from God because of her first abortion. She got postpartum depression when I was born so she saw me as the reason for all her problems. She used to tell me crazy shit when she was drunk like what anal sex felt like and that she had sex with some dudes to keep a roof on our head. Good times.