/chart/

Chart thread, CHART THREAD! Post your shit!

Rec, rate, masturbate. Also, guess personalities, because that's cool as fuck.
I'm leaving town soon, so I'd appreciate some recommendations if you got 'em.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OTj3f9fbjQM
youtube.com/watch?v=5GCxdrsqbQw&t=337s
youtube.com/watch?v=wnGSh8qP6eM
youtube.com/watch?v=ePHE1JCpME4
youtube.com/watch?v=MmiPeahMHCE
youtube.com/watch?v=WQVRMvjuqNA
youtube.com/watch?v=h2l-ufU_QTE
youtube.com/watch?v=12coz7_iffE
youtube.com/watch?v=cR1PCiQpOmM
youtube.com/watch?v=q2uL4ncAEF8
youtube.com/watch?v=qNPpCj1jdlI
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=esoteric&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=Twee Pop&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I still have things to add to this chart

dude weed lmao
beach boys more like bitch boys

Interesting mix of classical and dissonance. Too bad you like Yeezus and Pet Sound, though.

too bad you're a poopy doo doo head

get some cover art going there m8
nice chart!

Okay, I'm going to bed now. I hope this thread survives the night!

OP here

Dr. John - Gris-Gris
Exuma - Exuma I
The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle
Parson Sound - Parson Sound
Chick Corea - Return to Forever.
Premiata Forneria Marconi - Storia di Un Minuto

Damn that's a lot of rec's. Thanks dude!

Well, if you like Comus, then I'd might as well recommend the two albums that compliment it the most (Dr. John & Exuma).

Posting my shit!!

Wow, that's a lot of shit.

i will defend Yeezus to the death
Slapp Happy / Henry Cow - Desperate Straights

Good Shit

hello friends
looked at everyone's charts but don't recognize much of them :/

gonna give recs in a separate post

lots of good picks.

tie dye t-shirt in human form.

depressed and needs to be protected

artsy boi

Matt Elliot is p good.

The Rudy Schwartz Project - Salmon Dave

Mark Stewart - Learning To Cope With Cowardice

Yeah/

has anyone here ever felt like they just dont like music anymore

the day that happens is the day i kill myself.

Nice colorcore m8
Have you listened to much Norfolk other than when the symbols shatter?

*neofolk

youtube.com/watch?v=OTj3f9fbjQM

Gonna post mine in a bit

youtube.com/watch?v=5GCxdrsqbQw&t=337s
broadcast - haha sound
gripper nother onesers - live at slimer beach
van der graaf generator - h to he who am the only one
dean blunt & inga copeland - black is beautiful
lil ugly mane - three sided tape volume one

I think we'd get on. Check out Gunnar Haslam - Lebesgue Measures and Michel Redolfi - Pacific Tubular Waves

Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring
Herbst9 - From A Dark Chasm Below
Polvo - Exploded Drawing
Dirty Three - Ocean Songs
Gryphon - Gryphon
Cobblestone Jazz - 23 Seconds
iamamiwhoami -Blue
Dave Bixby - Ode To Quetzalcoatl
Surfing - Deep Fantasy
Bitch Magnet - Ben Hur
Karp - Self Titled LP
Nicky Skopelitis - Ekstasis
Death's Dynamic Shroud.wmv - I'll Try Living Like This
154 - Strike

thanks for the rec! this looks good.
Have you heard Fiori chiari, fiori oscuri by Alvin Curran?

if you havent already, check out All Mod Cons - The Jam

Lumpy Gravy is underrated

it truly be

I've heard the album, thanks for the rec though.
Try these: youtube.com/watch?v=wnGSh8qP6eM
youtube.com/watch?v=ePHE1JCpME4

Need some new music. Like a genre i've never heard before. An album that sucks you in.

its got a reputation as a meme but if youve never given vaporwave a go before, then floral shoppe by macintosh plus is one of the best 'genre suck in albums'
its not much like what you have on there but i have similar taste and really enjoy it

Oh my god i luv cute boys fuuuuuck

of Montreal - The Gay Parade

Cornelius - Fantasma

tropical interface - eco club afterlife (bass/sound collage) youtube.com/watch?v=MmiPeahMHCE
Jacqueline Humbert & David Rosenboom - Daytime Viewing (underrated art pop) youtube.com/watch?v=WQVRMvjuqNA

Birdy Nam Nam - s/t
Buck 65 - Situation
everybody forgot this guy :( youtube.com/watch?v=h2l-ufU_QTE

no neil young? wtf start with his 1968-1974 albums

Jenny Hval - Blood Bitch (2016)
Laurel Halo - Quarantine (2012)
Bow Wow Wow - their 1st album

cute boys :3
++Drums (I'm hyped for the new album)
++ Jens, Handsomeboy technique, B&S, TV Girl (great chart)
Rufus Wainwright - Poses
bo en - pale machine youtube.com/watch?v=12coz7_iffE

I've listened to some vaporwave but never listened to Floral Shoppe in full. Will check it out. Thanks for replying :)

Anyone got any good recommendations for me?

Daft Punk - Discovery
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Blonde on Blonde and Highway 61 Revisited by Bob Dylan.

Maybe you already listened to these but I like alot of albums in your chart so I just recommend some other albums i like. :)

cheers for the rec, been meaning to give neil young a go
honestly not sure what to recommend to you

this has to be a joke

hmm try this
youtube.com/watch?v=cR1PCiQpOmM

thanks for the recs senpai
youtube.com/watch?v=q2uL4ncAEF8

Cheers user, I'm going for a walk and fancy a bit of Dylan, so I'll stick that on, and I'll definetly check out that Daft Punk album after. (Also love a bit of thriller). Have a good one! :)

looks a little like mine, especially if you went back a coupla years
if you're looking for more classic stuff, try some Grateful Dead: american beauty and workingman's dead are good starting points
still classic but a bit further out there is Frank Zappa: Apostrophe is a good starting point

Thanks man, I've been wanting to get into some other artists so this seems like a good start.
Also everyone raves about Zappa and the Grateful Dead, so it's good I've got a starting point :)

no contributions and complete pleb taste? suicide is a good rec lazyposter

Sup Forums, do i have shit taste or just limited taste?

whoa
la dispute - wildlife

whos that by?

suicide

Ahh a debut album nice.

Try The Kinks - Lola (album)

yes

no

maybe?

Alien Kids - Alien Rap

good
Catherine Jauniaux - Fluvial

sometimes...

ever seen this ? youtube.com/watch?v=qNPpCj1jdlI

Miles Davis - On the Corner

You have modal soul in your top 10 but MM in nowhere on your chart? Thats nuts

You might like glam rock
T rex - electric warrior
David Bowie - the rise and fall of ziggy stardust and the the spiders from mars

Getting into hardcore punk atm. Recs appreciated

In rainbows - radiohead
The velvet underground - The velvet underground.

Bump!

Be gentle

I think even though much is Sup Forums-core and some simply is boring, you have some good albums on there. + Madvillain, Coltrane, Midori, nujabes, patti smith, loveless, doors, joni, TVU, kamasi, ATCQ, trout mask

You should check out some different coltrane, but maybe you'd like meditations?

meanwhile been doing some shifting lately with my chart

any rec for me please?

Ulf Lohmann - Because Before

Generally new to Sup Forums. I have listened to more Coltrane, but I try to keep it to 1 per artist.

blackstar --> Anthony & the Johnsons - I Am A Bird now
what's goin on --> Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
Bonito gen. -->FLOOR BABA\FLOOR BABA - GAMEWAVE
Coltrane --> Gato Barbieri - el Pampero

less shoegaze/twee pop (nothing wrong with that, but you need to branch out)
I think you'd like some chillwave:
>Casa del Mirto - 1979
>TV girl - Who Really Cares
>S U R F I N G - Deep Fantasy
or even gentle emo:
>Chinese Football
>SPORT - Slow

theres so many good obscure twee pop gems out there bro you just gotta look
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=esoteric&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=Twee Pop&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

you guys should all check out suburban lawns
really good postpunk/new wave if you're into that

lil ugly mane - third side of tape

kplr - untitled

decided to check out souled american on a whim. this is amazing
also good pick with nuno canavarro, i never see him on here. i need to add him to my chart

am i doing this right?

Haven't updated this in a while, I think there's only two 2017 albums on here

that being said 2017 hasn't been all that great

Bop Alloy - Substantial & Marcus D are Bop Alloy
John Coltrane - Blue Train
Ryo Fukui - Scenery
Handsomeboy Technique - Adelie Land

Peter Wolf Crier - Garden of Arms

1st time chart

how pleb am i

very

Yes you are, I'd imagine we are very much alike. What is the album that got you into music? Hissing Fauna did it for me. I'm guessing you're quite relaxed albeit pretty awkward around people and definitely quiet, you'd rather have conversations with yourself than with other people (though I suppose who doesn't?).

I like you, you probably go to concerts when you get the opportunity and have a few friends to talk to who may be interested in music though are otherwise not particularly popular. Probably goes/ going to college and has been on Sup Forums for around 1-2 years. Everything Everything is brilliant.

For a first time chart yours is surprisingly strong in places. What's with this Pinegrove album I keep seeing on today's chart-thread? It seems to be on everyone's! Bad Brains is pretty good as well. Guessin' people misinterpret you as "emo" and so you do not often talk about the bands you like to avoid giving off that vibe, also probably gets pissed when people listen to pop-punk and dress in pitch black thinking they're deep. May come off as pretentious though it is entirely unintentional and you're probably pretty kind otherwise.

Jesus, was just about to send the post and caught Smallpools out of the corner of my eye, as much as I want to laugh at you to cover my insecurities about my own taste I do remember Dreaming being on FIFA, was a guilty pleasure years back, never bothered to actually listen to them though.

dude yesss, good shit, love the Candy Claws record sm

>I like you, you probably go to concerts when you get the opportunity and have a few friends to talk to who may be interested in music though are otherwise not particularly popular. Probably goes/ going to college and has been on Sup Forums for around 1-2 years.

Fucking spot on. Heading into senior year of college, not particularly popular but always find a friend to go to concerts with, if not my gf. Checking out that Durutti Column album, I'm really enjoying it!

i guess but try not to lazypost desu, I'd rec 1990 by Johnston if you haven't already

probably less than me and this isn't even my first chart,
have you checked out Galaxie 500's On Fire yet because I think you'd like it, also There's Nothing Wrong with Love by Built to Spill

Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars

rec but no wrec pls

Be gentle, it's my first time

>it's my first time
it shows..
Check picrelated

See I've been on music searches before and I really haven't found anything but shit. I haven't tried the Sup Forums essentials but I don't want to drudge through shit I'll hate for hours just to find a few gems. I just want to find things similar to my tastes.

this is the single worst chart i have ever seen, i'm actually saving it to laugh at on another occasion

Hey man, laught it up if it makes you feel better. I'm not going to radically change my taste in music to appeal to a bunch of people on an anonymous image board. In the end, all music is subjective and you listen to what makes you happy. I can't stand most of the avant garde shit most people on Sup Forums listen to and that's okay. If it makes me some sort of subhuman savage in the eyes of a bunch of mongs at their keyboards, I'm okay with that

well, check The National, Interpol (their 1st LP), Queens of the stone Age, LedZep

What album is the snorkeling dude at the bottom?

Why was the music you didn't like "shit"? Why wouldn't you follow a chart that is intended for first-timers? Why would you want to listen to music that is similar to your taste? Don't you want to find new things that actually challenge you as a listener? Also, what were you expecting to happen when you came here? It's pretty clear that most people here has moved past the music on your chart, because they've all decided to advance themselves as listeners, in whatever direction they chose.

I think you need to change your approach to music listening, or at least, stop posting here until you grasp the fundamentals of making music your hobby

There wouldn't be an issue with that statement if you didn't jump to conclusions and immediately project your feelings onto others. Chart threads are an especially volatile place to post your favorite albums not because of what they say about you in terms of how "pleb" or "patrician" you are but rather serve largely as a meter to how long you've been on this board. I'm pretty sure anyone whose been on this board for more than two years will agree that you can easily tell who is new and who isn't based upon their charts as well as who is pretending to like obscure artists. Given that you are someone who has blatantly been on here for less than six months if one I do not expect you to understand that aspect of the board, and I don't mean that in the condescending way though it gets pretty irritating for most when numerous charts are posted with no input or interesting recommendations, especially when you haven't bothered to try out most of the artists the board is affiliated with. That doesn't mean that you have to consider Trout Mask Replica as being the greatest album of all time or feign enjoyment of Merzbow's Pulse Demon, if you don't enjoy an artist you don't enjoy it - though at least make an attempt and give repeated listens, you may find artists you enjoy infinitely more than RHCP and Maroon 5, which is the entire point of these chart threads - to find obscure artists that users may like that they'd otherwise never have heard of, and so posting a chart like yours is naturally going to bug a lot of people as it takes up un-necessary space and you obviously have no recommendations to give yet somehow expect to be upholded as well-rounded and educated on the subject because you can host an opinion.

With that in mind, you're not getting a recommendation, I'm not user though go through , and don't rush, it takes years to really appreciate the medium, speeding through it blindly will only make you loathe music and burn out.

Well I didn't say I never would check it out, just expressed that I was hesitant. The music I've tried so far hasn't challenged me, it's bored me. I suppose I do need to dig deeper.

Yeah, I understand that. Though, doesn't a whole board listening to the same damn things sound a tad boring? I feel like there's a lot of the same shit on the charts here and that's a bit discouraging

This is a jazz chart. This will challenge you time and time again, and if you can make it through the whole thing and say that it was all a bunch of shit, there truly is no hope for you. Good luck man, always remember that ascribing a personality or a school of thought to a piece of music is the worst thing you can do, and will only detract from your experience of it.

Dreamland EP, give it a listen, it's only 20 minutess long and really good imo

Sup Forums BTFO

Would it not be out of the question for me to just not like Jazz at all? I wouldn't call it shit, but jazz really isn't my cup of tea. Maybe I haven't listened to it enough, I don't know. But I feel like from even my very rudimentary understanding of the genre, I know what I expect these to sound like and I can say I won't enjoy them. I rarely listen to music devoid of guitars of some sort

you self righteous cock
what the fuck is the point in you

Am...I not allowed to dislike genres?

just ignore
hes a low minded pleb and always will be
not worth concerning yourself

You're misunderstanding the function of the chart in the first place. It is intended as something of a base to one's music taste that contains the fundamentals and most historically relevant albums in the fields of hip-hop, jazz, metal etc. The concept is that, at the exclusion of classical music it is extremely diverse and covers a wide-range of sub-genres, after listening to most of the artists on there you should gain a pretty good insight into the history of post-60's music and get a better idea of what genres you like and those that you don't. Someone whose gone through that chart may be very aware of their preference towards psychedelic rock via their high regard of bands like Pink Floyd and Tame Impala and so may specifically try lesser known bands within that sub-genre, thereby finding artists they appreciate just as much if not more. Of course listening exclusively to Sup Forumscore and posting such on chart threads will also reflect poorly on you, because you've essentially posted what we already know - that's just a fact you have to suck up for a couple of years and if you treat your taste like its some sort of sport you probably shouldn't be on here in the first place. You keep saying that music doesn't "challenge" you, yet as a form of entertainment at its core that is seldom the point, even with pieces like A Love Supreme and Faust in mind. And would you really call RHCP "challenging" in any regard? Sorry but according to your chart you've tried a combination of pop-rock and alt-rock at the exclusion of almost everything else. Its pretty obvious you haven't even listened through the discographies of the artists you claim to like, get to that first.

All of these albums are entirely different in terms of sound. If all you can hear at the end are instruments making noise, then music may just not be your thing. Start with Kind of Blue, the first one at the top, and just make your way left to right. You should be able to make it through the first 3 in a day. If you can say all three of those, through their entirety, sound exactly the same, you need to stop posting here. You'll only be wasting your own time, along with the time of every jackass who finely tunes their posts for you. Follow the charts as much as you can, that's as much as I'll say.

uses "rudimentary" and "devoid" yet thinks jazz doesn't have guitars

rate her and recommend

jazz is a broader genre than rock

Hit me up with that 'staying up late at night even though you got work tomorrow'-core

nothing looks particularly interesting, sue me

More 'late at night'-core please

I find DJ Shadow's "Entroducing..." to be very well-suited for such an occasion.