Just got this thing out of my tonsil, Sup Forums. How do I make these stop? Sometimes I can't get them out

Just got this thing out of my tonsil, Sup Forums. How do I make these stop? Sometimes I can't get them out.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillolith
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go to the dentist ASAP

What's its viscosity?
Is it hard or is it like a booger or something?
Is it more like oatmeal?

Try a nose washer.
Alternately, try visiting a doctor for your problem.

you have tonsil aids
there's no cure

You can have them removed via surgery, if you want.

Tonsel stones. Your breath must be terrible

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillolith

tonsil stones.

Its sort of like rice. My dentist has never noticed anything about them and nobody has ever mentioned my breath either so idk

>How do I make these stop?
You have to squish and smell them

I coughed a lot of these up the other night (gargling water can help.) They smelled so bad I could smell them from the sink when I was standing straight up.

Ricelike.
I had a pretty bad cough when I was a kid, kept coughing up sort of oatmeal-like lumps. Turns out it was allergies.
Buy some allergy pills and take one a day, see if it passes.

>tong

Tonsil stones. Just wash your teeth regularly and use lots of listerine or other mouthwash on a daily basis.

As long as your tonsils dont get swollen or hurt to swallow it is fine. Beware if their viscosity turns to be more like pus, then you could be facing a tonsilitis.

I had a septic shock due a tonsilitis once and had to be resucitated. Massive organ failure. Not cool.

If it annoys you ask for a doc to remove your tonsils.

i dont elieve dentists have anything to do with tonsil stones
they're tonsil stones
tonsil stones

correct, remove your tonsils

I get them quite a bit, not in the past month or so but usually a few every month. I usually will have a bad throat itch and ill try itching it (idk how to describe it but it makes a weird ass noise) and after a bit of that itll pop out. I had a huge ass one about 2 months ago.

Gotcha will remove my tonsils as soon as I have a minute

Dentists can use a tool to remove minor ones, major problems may require an ENT instead.

The first time I ever noticed them it was a discomfort in my throat, like some food was stuck (which it is really) I looked in a mirror and could see it. I could stick my finger back and feel it. I thought it was a cyst or perhaps a scab. I decided to "pop" it, as one does.

I managed to put enough pressure that it popped out. Big mother fucker. Then I could feel the space where it had come from, so I decided to try putting more pressure and rubbing the area and like 3 more little ones came out. I crushed one and it gave off the most god awful smell.

A little blood came out at the end and I could feel the relief, so I knew the job was done. It freaked the fuck out of me. I was 22 and I'd never heard of such things before. I saved one and let it dry out. When it dries out it becomes hard, sort of rubbery. You can still smash it though and the smell comes out.

They came back a couple times, and then only once like every couple years do I notice one. Sometimes I can just cough one up. Never had the bonanza like I did the first time.

I can tell when I got one either from the way it bothers my throat or I can taste it in my own breath.

im
pretty much the same for me, you can feel it there but you dont necessarily think it is one

those things stink like shit man

It's called a tonsil stone or a tonsilolith. It is the accumulation of bacteria and food stuff in the back of your throat. Sometimes you can feel it in the back of your throat and cough it out. It is soft in its consistency and foul smelling.

Doctor's aren't really sure why they're caused or why some people are more prone to it than others. Sometimes you can see them in the back of your throat via a mirror. If you're really troubled by them, go see your doctor.

FYI, they suck ass.

Brush your teeth more, that's the same crap on your teeth.

your prob going to have your tonsils out soon

Get a pack of those long doctor q-tips and press on your tonsil where you get them, you can push it out.

Squish it and smell it

idort

the reason more people are talking about them these days is that fewer people are having tonsils removed, and rightfully so. Tonsils are part of the immune system