You realize what they are doing is going to ruin soccer right...

You realize what they are doing is going to ruin soccer right? I know it's fun to joke but it's pretty fucked up and we can literally do nothing about it

Not really. They can't keep paying these salaries indefinitely, it's unsustainable.

>Yellowed

>potential market of 1.3 billion people
>no other major team sport in the country
>clubs all owned by big companies who are encouraged by the government to invest in football
this is just the beginning, they can blow the european leagues out of the water

The real question is who the fuck turns down 100 million a year? He's literally get a 3 times pay raise as the world's most paid athlete in his early 30s.

>No other major team sport in the country
>He doesn't know how much the 中国人 love the Kobe and the basketball

More popular here than it is in America tbqh

more competition & more money = better sport

>potential market of 1.3 billion people
70% of whom live in absolute poverty.

>clubs all owned by big companies who are encouraged by the government to invest in football
The entire Chinese economy is smoke and mirrors. It's a massive bubble waiting to burst. It will make what Japan went through in the 90s look like child's play.

i don't think you realize how big 1.3 billion is. 70% can be starving in the street and you're still lift with 400 million people. That's bigger than all of europe

How many players from the last three WC champions and six last UCL champion teams are playing in the CSL?

Every player that appreciates his international career will never leave yurop

Chinese economy is going down the swanny any day now.

Either way all they can do is get a few real players for watch team and fill the squad with Chinese Sunday League players.

Sure. But their economy is still a ponzi scheme that will eventually collapse. More importantly, the Chinese League can't offer elite players a chance to make their names against the best in the world. That's why they can only attract second-tier players and elite players who are well past their prime.

They dont't affect the top tier leagues imo, only the lesser ones such as the brazilia league, they are taking all the "talent" (good players that are not wanted in europe) and making the match quality even worser

You realize that that's not how communism works right? Even if it is just for a show.
If 70% are starving, China will be on a brink of a civil war

It's okay though because 70% aren't starving. These people don't know what they're talking about.

>offering 250m for Ronaldo
wew

it's soccer. how could they make it worse?

middle class in china survives on $25k a year. they cant afford football

china is genuinely a massive state organized ponzi scheme

the idea of chinese anything taking over is ridiculous.

I find this hard to believe and it'll take a lot to convince me. Certainly interesting though

ronaldo probably brings in quadruple that in a year in merch and marketing for real madrid

Ronaldo and Messi are worth billions

>20 years ago: USA will ruin it
>10 years ago: Sandnigger states will ruin it
>now: Chyna will ruin it
Really makes you think

china are playing over the odds for players that can't get minutes in the top european leages. nothing to see here.

its december and i can name all the winners of the top 4 leagues already yet somehow china is going to ruin the sport by paying 40M for carlos tevez. stop it.

Most Chinese are mallets my friend.

Divegrass will soon BTFO Apesketball in China.

cost of growing that market

China doesn't really have a strong team-sporting culture and whoever taps into that delicious market first will be laughing to the fucking bank

Doesn't matter. Countries as big as China can easily sustain multiple sports leagues. Look at the US. Basketball is only our 3rd most popular sport, but benchwarmers are getting paid $20 million per year, which is as much as key players on Real/Barca/Bayern.

If the Chinese collectively decide to even care about soccer a little bit, the Chinese league will dominate the world and it won't even be close.

China's situation is different from the USA's, though. We already have 4 big pro sports leagues (NFL,MLB, NBA, NHL) running year-round, as well as the two big college sports leagues (CFB, NCAAB), so soccer can't ever really hope to compete. China has basketball and.....that's pretty much it. There's a massive untapped market.

I'm in the UK and I don't make that much and I can still """afford""" football

It won't work, or at least it will take several decades before it can actually work. You see people tend to forget that you can't just create a competitive football league out of nowhere by the sheer power of mad dosh. Competitions, and organisations in general require structure and a supporting environment that gives the competition the optimal conditions to become a great competition. If you don't have that structure and environment you just can't create a sucessful organisation. Now the point is that those sucessful sporting competitions require a certain environment and structure that is truly more representative in western societies (clubs led as a modern corporation with a governance structure comparable to other forms of private organisations in the west, an innovation-supporting culture, democratically-based decision making procedures and technocratic tendencies ( not the big boss, but the actual expert of the field has the biggest influence on his specific field of knowledge)).

Now if you take this all into account you can see why modern sport competitions flourish on a global scale in western societies, but not in non-western societies. Hell, the arab countries and Russia have been trying this 'shower them in $$$'-strategy for decades and they are still at best midtable leagues on a european scale, the chinese just do it with even more money.