Now that the dust has settled, how would you rank 2016 Sup Forumsorts-wise?

Now that the dust has settled, how would you rank 2016 Sup Forumsorts-wise?

Was it a good year for sports overally?

More.

memes

Pretty good meme year desu, Iceland, Cubs and Leicester

>Cusb
>Cavs
>Cowboys actually good
>US won the Ryder Cup
>Olympics

pretty gud year desu

GOLDRUSH
O
L
D
R
U
S
H

it was the year of the memes altogether

sports was no exception

>tfw 2017 will probably be a 'back to normal' year

meh

bump

One of my favourites

messhit and curry got fucked so it was a good year.

Cubs won.
Leicester won.
Cleveland won something.

Year of the meme.

11/10

It was the year of the 'shit teams from the early 2000s'

>cubs
>cavs
>golden state
>cowboys
>U of Washington
>U of Clemson

take any of these teams 10-15 years ago, and they were at the bottom of the league.

I am glad the indians lost they had shit attendance all year and still made it to the WS.

As a dodger fag i hate the cubs and their nasty old stadium but at least their suffering was over

>forgetting the pittsburg Crosbys

>2016
Money won

You mean crosgods good friend.

how many of those cyclists have been caught doping since then?

this triggers me 2bh
the only flaw in an otherwise top-tier Sup Forumsorts year

>le not win a single match in 90 minutes team

2016 was the year memes became reality
you just can't beat the memes

Easily the best sports year of my life.
>Lester wins the premier league with 1/5000 odds
>Scam Newton gets exposed and PeyPey retires with another ring going out on top
>Punished Messi chokes away another title with a ballooned penalty kick
>USA and Mexico get absolutely btfo
>TSUUUUUUUUU wins the CL and Euro while doing pretty much nothing, France loses in the Euro Final on their home turf and Greasy Boy chokes
>LeGod gets one for da land and sends the Golden State Memechucks to the shadow realm
>Iceland humiliates England
>The Cubes finally break the unbreakable curse after over a century
>2 separate meme magic fueled championship 3-1 comebacks
>The shit storm that ensued after Kevin Durant left his lifelong team for the team that cucked him out of a championship literally a month prior

There were some other ones too that I can't remember, 2016 was so good that were literally too many great things for me to list them all. And lastly, the final parting gift of a legendary year:

>Ronda Rousey's career being ended in a matter of seconds on live TV

I don't think this year will EVER be beat, I don't see how it can. It would take a USA World Cup victory and a Bears superb owl victory in the same year to beat this level of memery.

The ultimate meme would've been Iceland winning.

Poortugal winning was just a bad joke.

Muh team won its first ever trophy, so I'd have to say I enjoyed it tßh

what sport is that?

Broncucks, Cubs, Leciester, Iceland. It was a great meme year

Bretty gud year.

I'm an actual (yes really) Leicester fan so take a guess famalam

>ending the season in the relegation battle area

hope 2017 will treat you guys better

That's our natural place to be fair. I honestly don't even care if we get relegated, nothing can detract from the memories we've made. I don't reckon we will though, da swans, Hull and Sunderland are still more shit than us.

Rugby

Other unthinkable events that occurred in rugby this year, even though most of Sup Forums won't understand how crazy any of these are

>Ireland wins against NZ after 100+ years of trying to do so
>Hurricanes win the Superr ugby after 20+ years of trying to do so
>A new Argentinian super rugby team which is essentially the Argentine national team that did pretty well in the world cup promptly loses pretty much every game, including one against the hopelessly shit Japanese team
>Australia goes from coming second in the world cup to losing 4 times against england in a year, nearly lose to scotland and lose against France's joke Barbarians team
>England goes from not even escaping the pool stages of their own world cup to going the entire year undefeated
>South Africa, for the first time in all cases, loses to Ireland at home, Argentina at home, draw against international rugby's non-committal joke team the Barbarians and then lose to shit teams like Italy and Wales
>Apparently something happened in European club rugby idk

cubs and injuns in the series, injuns have it locked
cubs win
warriors vs cavs, warriors have it locked
lebron takes one home for da land
leicester
got to see peyton retire on top
browns almost went 0-16
vikings started 5-0 then collapsed completely
that hockey rookie was on fire all year long looking incredible

olympics were good

>boxing continues to kill itself by promoters handling their boxers careers like overprotective jewish mothers emphasis on the jewish conniving greedy side by setting up boring one sided fights with some hyped no names from the UK all year and no real contests even happening.
and the 2 fights that did actually have some gravity to them were fucking RIGGED and I'm just so sick of all that bullshit. there isn't a single fighter that fights to win anymore.
2007-2016 has killed boxing and this was the fucking coffin nail for me. fuck boxing.

>2017 will probably be a 'back to normal' year

2017 will be anything but back to normal. Anyone 25 and younger won't have experienced anything like it. I assure you right now that there'll be so much literal shaking going on you'll think you live in an earthquake zone. Believe me you're going to get tired of winning.

I don't care about politics though just sports.

In sports Alabama winning is a sign that 2017 will be winners only. Red Sox look insane this year and Patriots will easily win Super Bowl it looks like. Baskerball is going to be either Spurs the LeBrons or Warriors.

I can see it normalizing.

Rugby

>Eire succeeded because of literal devilry

Silver & Black are back baby!

>Based Carr ded

still pretty good tbqh

qt pup

>tfw the dolphins started out 1-4 and are making the playoffs for the first time since 2008

Connacht were formed in 1885, but had only ever won "joint" titles. Having previously been a impression of Munster and their bash-it-up forward based style, this year they started playing a crazy keep-it-in-the-hands-at-all-times game. They went from never having finished in the top half of the table in the pro-era to second in the regular season, before beating the champions Glasgow in the semi-final and humiliating their rivals Leinster, who have the most titles, in the final. They did this with the lowest budget in the competition.

The best part was that /rug/ hated them and desperately wanted them to fail each step of the way.

Should say
>a poor impression

>Lost to Japan

They had to be throwing those games. There is just no other way.

Leicester and Iceland? It was memetastic, senpai.

>los jaguares
Remember the Argentine /rug/ poster who was convinced they'd dominate because Argentina only had one team while the others had five or six? I think he offed himself in the end.

>two different Cleveland teams went to the finals of their respective sport, one of them actually won, the absolute madmen
>the Cubs won the World Series, the freaking Cubs
>The Cowboys are good again, and since I've been a Cowboys fan since 1996, this pleases me
>Gordie Howe died. Not a furpuck fan but that's a pretty big deal
>Tiger Woods attempted to uncuck himself, and failed
>Rio, poop water, Ryan Lochte, LULZ were had

who is this spunk monk

We 2-0 Wales fuk of

Part time dentistry as well

Pretty good.

Just look at this frog boy!

>cubs won
>fernandez died on my birthday

>frog island
>frog island