Why do americans, who can't even understand what they're saying, like them so much?

Why do americans, who can't even understand what they're saying, like them so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dCQ5Fv1rPaM
youtube.com/watch?v=zeh4V96w4PY
youtube.com/watch?v=a9Wbc99hLJE
youtube.com/watch?v=IaX7VfyI8yU
youtube.com/watch?v=6ulbK3tUMNg
youtube.com/watch?v=Zl_Ezqy-dvE
youtube.com/watch?v=EIChyPG-YvY
youtube.com/watch?v=0A65rk_RaNM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who?

they are the only good german band

Some spears belong in a fish,
some spears belong in the flesh.

Are lyrics the only part of the song that can be enjoyed?

That's the part of the appeal.

>mfw I don't even have a face for this

holy shit....

>what they're saying, like them so much?
>>>
> Anonymous 06/15/17(Thu)11:05:37 No.73376347▶
> (OP)
>caring about lyrics

They are pretty good, and their live shows are spectacular. Saw them live in 2009 and they blew my knickers off.

>He haven't heard of Einstürzende Neubauten
stay pleb, pal

Wasn't expecting anyone else to know them to be honest. Great band. Solid 8.5/10

Damn...

Hahahaha what a summer this is.

I avatarfag their lead member. Neubauten has a special place in my heart

>outdated industrial garbage with no intricate depth, no grooves, no crazy visceral intensity
>good
They are literally watered down radio pop but for industrial. Hell most if not all the early industrial bands are like that and have aged terribly. Thus most ppl that listen to this shit are soft boys pretending to be hard.

I'm not american but with Rammstein it is mostly better to not know what they're saying. By the way OP, do you enjoy music only if you understand the lyrics?

German is better when you SCREAM!

They know about industrial arctifacts that are made by Sound Tribe Sector 9, in fact they change the subversive strat for and old cast, then after the picking they know the thicking.

>You, in the schoolyard
>I am ready to kill
>and no one here knows
>of my loneliness

>Red welts on white skin
>I hurt you
>and you cry loudly

>Now you are scared and I am ready
>my black blood soils your dress

>Your white flesh excites me so
>I am just a gigolo
>your white flesh enlightens me

>My black blood and your white flesh
>I get hornier and hornier from your screams
>the cold sweat on your white forehead
>hails into my sick brain

>I am just a gigolo
>my father was exactly like me

>Now you are scared and I am ready
>my sick existence cries for redemption
>your white flesh becomes my executioner's platform
>in my heaven there is no god

>I am just a gigolo
>my father was exactly like me
>your white flesh excites me so
>I am just a sad gigolo

Well that was rude >:(

OP here
I speak 3 languages. I listen to music in 3 languages. I mean i will, occasionally, listen to foreign music, but not very often and I usually don't enjoy it as much.

Btw Rammstein's lyrics are pretty good what are you talking about?

Dude, they were genuinely industrial back in the days. Haven't you heard what they do nowadays? It's far away from industrial.

>no grooves
>What is Feurio
youtube.com/watch?v=dCQ5Fv1rPaM
>What is Zampano
youtube.com/watch?v=zeh4V96w4PY
>What is Open Fire
youtube.com/watch?v=a9Wbc99hLJE

>no intricate depth
>What is Unvollständigkeit
youtube.com/watch?v=IaX7VfyI8yU
>What is Youme & Meyou
youtube.com/watch?v=6ulbK3tUMNg
>What is Susej
youtube.com/watch?v=Zl_Ezqy-dvE
>What is Interim Lovers
youtube.com/watch?v=EIChyPG-YvY

>Implying they aren't one of the greatest live bands ever

Don't comment if you haven't listened them nowadays

This. All krautrock is pleb shit. Amon düül? Faust? Haha, all I need is ramstein

You just contradicted yourself in one sentence

>You just contradicted yourself in one sentence
>I pretend I don't know what sarcasm is

For someone wanting to get into industrial, which bands would you recommend in regards to your statement?

I remember more German from looking up Rammstein and Einsturzende Neubaten lyrics in highschool than Mandarin from studying it for four years in highschool.

So yes I enjoy it.

What the fuck kind of school did you go to?

Just a regular suburban one.

French teacher was from Taiwan and basically started the whole Mandarin program herself sometime before I went there. It was the 'easiest' language since you started fresh unlike French or Spanish. There was also Latin but that was generally considered to be more difficult. There was a field trip to China offered every other year though which was cool.

My high school is in some friend program with Chinese high school, they go there few times a year and Chinese come to Finland sometimes. It's kinda cool, our Chinese teacher makes music in Chinese and plays guitar

H'es right. They are just ameme band that has a small but butthurt cult-following. They sure paved the way for the superior bands but they are some avant-garde terrible shit.

If you want to get into industirla then you are looking for
Nine Inch Nails
KMFDM
Ministry
Skinny Puppy
Rammstein

Possibly Marilyn Mnason, Cocteau Twins, Gary Numan

>lets have second rate versions of grooves we copied from better bands
>implying that stuff is anywhere near as intricate as the greats like Stockhausen
The basics of what the industrial genre has to offer either starts at proto industrial composers like Luigi Russolo or Karlheinz Stockhausen in you want complex works or start with Skinny Puppy, Nine Inch Nails or Rammstein if you like heavy groovy stuff or straight up check out artists like Haus Arafna or Fis if you want straight up grooves in this genre

>If you want to get into industrial listen to futurism and serialism or industrial rock
This is huh, wow

I've already listened to Luigi Russolo's and Stockhausen's work and keeping his argument in mind, these don't fit at all. Marilyn Manson is probably the "worst offender".

>doesn't know that MUSIQUE CONCRETE (lmao serialism) guys like Rusolo and Stockhausen set the foundation for industrial
What you wanted me to do was rec the guy early industrial. I already went over how trash that scene is.

>implying stockhausen wasn't serialist

>lets have second rate versions of grooves we copied from better bands
Sauce pls, I'm ready to change my mind on them but for now they're my number one band of all time

>implying that stuff is anywhere near as intricate as the greats like Stockhausen
Does it need to be?

Why do people like electronic music? They can't even understand what the equalizer is saying.

That's how stupid you sound. Music appeals to the ears. Lyrics appeal to the mental state. Two entirely different cases.

Read the tranlation online

Electronic music does usually not have lyrics. If there are no lyrics, one cannot "not understand it"

Translations are usually not very good, or there are things that can't be translated

It helps you understand it at least a little bit, you can also read about what inspired them to write it and other peoples interpretations of the song's meaning.

>If you want to get into industirla then you are looking for
>Nine Inch Nails
>KMFDM
>Ministry
>Skinny Puppy
>Rammstein
this is bait right

reminder that rammstein is just a budget laibach

youtube.com/watch?v=0A65rk_RaNM

They say in Wikipedia that they have been influenced a lot by Laibach. I prefer Laibach over Rammstein but Rammstein is good, too

It's because they can't understand their shit lyrics

>thinking people on Sup Forums won't know Einstuerzende Neubauten
Pls user.