Anybody ever get a DNA test?

Anybody ever get a DNA test?

Just got my DNA tests. :)

Am I Sup Forums or do I go in the ovens lmao.

Europe East 39% Filthy slav lol.
Great Britain 29% Fucking Hate the English!
Europe West 16% 1/6 French German some shit.
Iberian Peninsula 8% 1/12 Spanish Odelay Vato!
Ireland 3% Only 1/33 thought I was 1/8!
Scandinavia 2% I knew I had Viking blood!
Italy/Greece 2% Sparta!
European Jewish 0% You proud Sup Forums?

Random pic from week ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/9912822/DNA-ancestry-tests-branded-meaningless.html
23andme.com/genetic-science/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_Scots_people
ucl.ac.uk/mace-lab/debunking/understanding-testing
23andme.com/en-int/
ancestry.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do you hate the English?

Holy shit this is actually real lol

Fuck of to stormfront fag

Sup Forums is satire

Poe's law in display

The worst torture in the world is to hear someone with a thick English accent. Not even kidding. Grandma is Irish and thought it was in my blood to hate the English, I feel that shit deep son.

>>>/Reddit/

Don't come back. This isn't your blog.

you have shit taste in bottled water and you fucking nazi.

Had some teenage Jewish kid yelling at me last time I went to a water park; his friends laughed at him saying I guess hes not Jewish. epic lulz

My Idol.

>>>/reddit/

What the fuck is this thread?
t. 100% beady
Benis

DNA test thread. What do you think it is?

>Being this insecure

This doesn't make sense, there are multiple different accents within England, fucking ignoramus

Rate, comment, and subscribe.

mine. no jewish.

poo in loo

How much did you pay for yours? I looked at 23andme and dat shipping was crazy. Cost more than the kit I think.

that is ancestry.com. its was at least aust$100. cant remember the exact amount.

central asia? its like kazakhstan and shit

Sheeeeit, that's not too bad.

my ukrainian relatives who did this test all had some yakut but tatars used to ride horses all across the russian steppe and even into ukraine. how the fuck did you get some?

I really have no clue where the Yakut comes from. I'm assuming my 1.1% broadly European might have something to do with it, maybe somewhere in eastern Europe where some admixture happened? Or perhaps the 2% Scandinavian had some Sami admixture? Maybe that's similar DNA-wise to Yakut.

I'm jealous your test differentiates between Irish and British. That would've been cool to see those two separated, because I really don't know if i'm more Irish or British.

Me 2.5% neanderthal

>I'm jealous your test differentiates between Irish and British. That would've been cool to see those two separated, because I really don't know if i'm more Irish or British.

its ancestry.com. its cheaper than 23andme and geno2.0.

i expected to be close to 50% british/english and was surprised to find only 3% and then 30% irish. feel like i should start eating boiled potatoes or something.

no ashkenazi! too bad, goy.

Don't expect it to understand that. I treat Americans like Dolphins and they are almost as clever as humans.

holy shit you're a mess of a human being

You're fucking retarded.

>Grandma is Irish
If you're 1/33 Irish your grandma sure as hell wasn't Irish you fucking idiot.

ITT: Idiots who know nothing about genetics or genealogy fork out their hard earned cash to data collection companies to tell them what they want to hear. All the while being too ignorant to realise that the tests are meaningless unless performed properly and with actual points of reference, which the majority, if not all of these companies do not offer because it's fucking expensive to sequence the human genome and do a proper job.

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/9912822/DNA-ancestry-tests-branded-meaningless.html

You've all been cucked and robbed of your DNA AND money.

What a fucking retard

>that tattoo
Wew lad, 2edgy4me
so, any reliable ways to map out your genetics?

She was probably """"""Irish-American"""""".

I wouldn't be surprised if OP had thought he was mostly German like most Americans do.

>so, any reliable ways to map out your genetics?
He linked to an article that basically gave an opinion with no proof to back it up. Websites like 23andme are still the best way to map out your genetics.

They do have points of reference, as you used to be able to plot your DNA results on a genetic map to see where you fit in among the world's indigenous populations. It takes 6-8 weeks to sequence it.

He's most likely a poorfag who looked for an excuse not to get a test.

Why would people get accurate results that line up with prior knowledge of their ancestry if there were no points of reference?

23andme.com/genetic-science/

>To ensure quality, your DNA analysis is performed in US laboratories that are certified by CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988) and accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
>A CLIA-certified and CAP-accredited lab must meet certain quality standards, including qualifications for individuals who perform the test and other standards that ensure the accuracy and reliability of results.

The analysis we perform is called genotyping. Our genotyping looks at hundreds of thousands of specific locations on your DNA. These locations are known to vary between individuals, and some are associated with certain conditions, traits, or ancestry.

That being said OP, if she was first gen and not one of the 'muh heritage' types of Irish-American, she was probably Northern Irish. Many people in Northern Ireland have majority Scottish ancestry.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_Scots_people

I've got an Irish ancestor who migrated over around the time of the potato famine. He had a Scottish surname though, so this explains that.

Yes.
ucl.ac.uk/mace-lab/debunking/understanding-testing
Genetic ancestry is to genetics what astrology is to astronomy.

Wow, great sales pitch.

Why did you just hand your DNA over to the authorities like that?

I forgot to quote you, too. Any self respecting geneticist thinks 23andme is bullshit.

I didn't, but both of my parents did. It turns out that most of the places that my ancestors immigrated from had been invaded by Vikings.

23&me advertising again?

>Any self respecting geneticist thinks 23andme is bullshit.
Perhaps they're talking about the speculative bits? For example 23andme has different options for accuracy. You can choose 90%+ accuracy and they'll tell you what they definitely know, or you can go down to 50% where they'll do a bit of speculation.

It seems like that article was criticizing the very specific stuff, like descending from a certain person. Rather than general stuff, like being certain that your ancestors are from a specific region.

Also note how it doesn't explain any specifics of the "science" they use, they just tell you that their labs and technicians comply to code and offer a vague explanation on genotyping.

I did 23andme when it was still giving medical results. Found out I very likely had Factor V leiden. Went to a doctor and got a blood test to confirm that I did. Probably would have remained oblivious and died of a blood clot from my desk job in my 40s if I didn't do the DNA test. It's too bad the FDA stepped in and made them stop giving medical information.

It's not really unspecific, their explanation is straight forward.

No, read the UCL page.
OK, buyer's remorse.

Vagueness is what astrology relies on to reel people in as well.

I don't have remorse. You've got an extreme view on it. If it wasn't accurate at all, why would people get results consistently that line up with prior knowledge of their genetic line? Why would people find out medical problems that later become confirmed by a doctor?

I will accept that it's not 100% accurate, because even the results admit it, but it's not 0% accurate either. It's somewhere in the middle depending on which confidence level you pick.

For example, I can browse my raw data freely, typing in each different SNP and the letters that go with each. I can download the raw data and upload it to different DNA analyzing websites. You should look into it a bit more I think.

Pooinloos don't have any say in this matter

>Italy/Greece 2%

Sorry lad, NOT WHITE

100% autism.

Back to Plebbit this isn't your fucking diary, you skinnyfat loser who's digging through hundreds of years of events to find connection to something successful.

well memed

How the fuck can I do this? I live in Sweden, anybody that can help me with this shit? What do I do?

23andme.com/en-int/

ancestry.com/

23andme.com

Thanks lads, have visited both sides. Also been looking through forums claiming they're not 100%.

Which one would you recommend?

100% memes

Not a bad combo, "Great Britain" would also mean Wales and Scotland as well as England.

Looks like your granny needs a DNA test too.

Fucking yanks thinking their 1\111020 Irish and they turn into plastic paddies.

And it turns out your basically a half Slav half Brit. Stay woke fucktard