How do I make friends?

How do I make friends?
I haven't really made any friends since I graduated high school a few years ago.
I just recently moved to a new city and I don't know a single person other than the people I work with.

Other urls found in this thread:

meetup.com/topics/bike/us/az/phoenix/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Please someone help me. Any advice is appreciated

Bump

You don't.
You stand alone, in the rain.
That way nobody can see your tears.

I don't want to be alone anymore

Look for groups that share a hobby with you.
Look for bars or clubs that play the music you like.
That way, you will have something in common with the people around you, and can get to know them, gradually developing friendships.

Thank you for the advice. I don't drink much but maybe I will start going to bars more often. There are many bars where I live.

Join ISIS, buddies for life and a free 11year old girl.

I'm not a dirty sand nigger. Just because I'm lonely doesn't mean I'm retarded.

What stuff do YOU like? We need something to work with...

I see why you are alone. :)

model trains bro

well if you're not a sand nigger that's a real good start. you can make some quality friends without that severe handicap

I like exploring, like hiking and bicycling. I also should mention I live in Phoenix now so I have been exploring the mountains now. Just seems when I go in the mountains I never really see anyone else.

biking's the one. hugely popular. healthy. meet cyclefags and brag about your vo2max of 100 ml/kg/min, then let them win

there's gotta be riding bunch meet ups and shit in a place like Fenix

LoL... this gotta be bait

- this was not me

And thank god I'm just a regular white person. Doesn't seem to make it any easier to make friends though.

Thing is I don't know how or where people meet up for biking. I don't want to sound like a fucking retard but should I try reddit or something like that?

Cycling, eh?! Get a job as bike messenger, nice people easy to become friends with. That's if you are not racist that is.

> when I go to the mountains I see no one else

No shit Sherlock...

There are facebook groups, you know...

Well the trails through the mountains I go to seem well travelled. They're in the Sonoran Desert preserve. I know it's a long shot but if anyone knows where these are and is interested in hiking with me that would be awesome

does this help
meetup.com/topics/bike/us/az/phoenix/
also if there's a local bike shop that serves coffee/food you can ride there on a sat/sun morning and chill for a bit, chances are cyclefags meet there

watch out though some of these cyclefags do like 2 hrs of thresholding a day, they're fucking monstrous

Facebook is for literal homosexuals

Actually that does help. Like I said I just moved to this city and I'm appreciative of any advice you guys might have for me

The point is, if you wanna socialize with people it is no good to go for a hike, this is something you do to get away from society. Cycling is the better option.

says the guy who browses Sup Forums...

Yeah the thing is that most trails I have been to around here is open to both hiking and biking. I just am not sure of how to ask people to explore with me without sounding like an autist retard.

I may be retarded for browsing Sup Forums but I sure as hell ain't gay

you don't, it'd be creepy

> Hey random person I do not know yet, would you like to hike to the mountains with me, just the two of us, it'd be fun?!

I guess what I'm asking if anyone from Phoenix here is willing to hang out with me. I live in the Deer Valley area. I'm not outgoing but I'm not retarded either.

Sup Forums is so gay, everyone browsing it automatically admits to be at least 20% gay you fucking faggot

Hence why I'm asking how I meet new people...

Honestly at this point I would hang out with a gay guy. I've been in Phoenix for almost 6 months now and haven't made any real friend yet.

> asking people on Sup Forums for advice
> asking people on Sup Forums to meet up
> not a retard

ok

Just go out with your co-workers. Then you'll meet some of their friends, and then you'll meet more people.

Same shit happened to me, but my co-workers didn't like me. They just spoke to me at the job, because they had to. I'm autistic, I have a low IQ (officially tested by psychiatrist), no social skills, clinical depression, low testosterone, I look 40+ even if I'm 23, I have no knowledge about basic stuff, I am quite poor. If you don't have any illnesses, you should be good.

Then I tried to go out alone, all by myself, because there was some special event with some old school DJ I liked, and it was really cheap (like 10-15 bucks). Plus, I thought that girls in this type of club would be on some drugs, so it would be easier for me to try to touch or kiss one, without getting a weird look.

So I went there with a plastic bottle filled with some vodka... drank some before going, and hid the bottle before entering (the drinks are expensive there). The music was good, but I was all alone, standing there. It was sad. Everyone was with friends, having fun... and I'm just looking weird because I with none.

You can't even start talking to people, because they'll ask you why the fuck are you alone. So I just kinda looked at my cellphone to make me look like I'm texting... even thought I have only my mom and brother as my contacts. And I don't even have mobile data to go on the internet, so I had to fake like I was texting. Sad fucking night.

I did that two times... NEVER again. Even if the price was cheap and music really good, people will notice how weird you look. You can try it if you want, but if you're a mentally ill weirdo like me, chances are you're gonna fail hard.

I feel you man. Thing is the majority of my coworkers are Mexican and I don't really want to hang out with them. They're already in a pretty tight knit clique at work and I even feel left out from them at work. I've been out to bars and eve strip clubs hoping to meet at least one good person but always end up leaving after a few minutes cause I feel so weird and out of place.

Well thanks for the advice guys. This will be my last bump until the thread dies.

Adult bookstores usually have meet ups. At least in my area...

Damn seriously? I would meet up with people at an adult shop. Do you mind mentioning the whereabouts of where you are?