ITT: biggest bandwagons of all time

ITT: biggest bandwagons of all time

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2014/10/03/mlb-completely-dominated-local-prime-time-tv-during-the-2014-season/2/#22b265ea1001)
chicagoist.com/2011/07/25/cubs_numbers_confirm_37_percent_of.php)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hi Indians!

Nothing will ever come close

I'm torn between the 2012 Hawks and 2015 Panthers. Help me out, Sup Forums. Which was bigger?

This was fucking obnoxious

But he's right though

This entire city

Oh wait, GSW, absolutely no contest. Not a huge NBA fan- I didn't even know this team existed before they started doing well.

I will have to agree with this. hell sometimes when they're the visiting team they still get more cheers then the home team its ridiculous everyone loves this meme team for some reason

This
Still don't think they're as bad as el heat were. Very close though

People keep saying this but I literally don't know any GS bandwagons. The ratio of people that hate GS and like GS is so damn different.

All women are Bandwagon fans, they do not care about sports at all

This. Curry winning the first ever unanimous MVP proves how ridiculous the bandwagon was.

It was just the typical fairweather fans, even at its peak, I remember empty seats in home games.

>have top 5 attendance during a 100 loss season
>have the best television ratings in the league during that 100 loss season
>bandwagon

Cav fans are the worst. And no one calls them out on it because Warriors are the "villains" right now. They have just as many bandwagon fans as GS. Probably were all Heat fans 2 weeks ago.

people that whine about bandwagoning are autistic as fuck

Pre-ship days, they only had one fan. Lil B true shit

Stop with this shit. Everytime a team wins the championship, most fagets here cry that they're the biggest bandwaggon ever, like the seahawks or memeiors. Most threads here were HATING on them, very, very rarely did I see a thread from fans of those teams.

That being said, fuck the patriots bandwagon. That actually is a cancerous one. And also the Heat were pretty bad, too.

Wooops, 2 years*

Warriors actually had great attendance every year even though they sucked horribly for 20 years straight.
Heat came out of nowhere

indians fans had shit attendance all regular season then they bandwagon in the playoffs

The Warriors are the villains because of the bandwagon, people just became aware of it.

Not really, just when teams become media darlings. Notice nobody bandwagoned the Giants, Mavericks, Ravens, Cardinals or Phillies when they won their respective titles.

"Drew Bledsoe... who's that, user?"

>Calls himself a fan
>Doesn't watch any regular season games
>Pretends to be a diehard during the playoffs

90% of Cubs fans I know

I don't recall saying Indians didn't have a bandwagon. But every person I've ever known who has a remote connection to Chicago literally would not shut up about the World Series for weeks.

It was kind of a huge deal.

This

>That one dude who lived in Chicago for 6 months who bandwagoned on all the teams that win

Lel, that doesn't make it any less of a bandwagon

t. Durcant

>Have the best television ratings in the league during that 100 loss season
This is objectively untrue. The Cubs couldn't even beat the Bulls or Blackhawks in ratings until 2015. They were among the worst teams in ratings in 2014. (forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2014/10/03/mlb-completely-dominated-local-prime-time-tv-during-the-2014-season/2/#22b265ea1001)
>Have top 5 attendance during a 100 loss season
2016 was the first year in the 21st century that the Cubs had a top 5 attendance. They finished 5th in 2016. This also doesn't include the fact that the Cubs funded marketing research that suggested that 37% of attendance from Cubs games came from tourism. (chicagoist.com/2011/07/25/cubs_numbers_confirm_37_percent_of.php)

Making shit up doesn't make you less of a bandwagoner.

plenty of people bandwagoned the ravens and giants on Sup Forums

the cardinals have the most titles other than the yankees and constantly call themselves the best fans in baseball

the phillies were a huge bandwagon for a good 3-4 year period, for fucks sake orsonposting was a DIRECT response ro it

They're not bandwagoners. Trust me, they're Indians fans, just more focused on the Browns. The phrase "ITS A BROWNS TOWN" is absolutely true. The reason the attendance spiked and had an unreal number of sellouts at The Jake is because the Browns were moving to Baltimore. Once they returned, the Indians were still successful but fans no longer cared because the beloved Browns were back. I was born and raised a Cleveland fan in SE Ohio, "Stillers Cuntry". I've always been surrounded by an entire generation whose parents abandoned Cleveland and bandwagoned Pittsburgh in the 70s because of rings. This began a new tradition of being "lifelong" Pittsburgh fans. My family was one of the few who stayed true to the state of Ohio and Cleveland sports teams through all the good times and the bad. So yes, I was a little more vocal than normal and took my opportunity to shit talk down on the Pirates until they turned the convo to "How many rings do the "Braans" have? Bet it's zero. We got 6!"

No they became villains because they got Kevin Durant. Don't be an idiot

Patriots won their first title 15 years ago. you have people who were 2-3 at the time posting on Sup Forums now

>supporting a team going 1-15 over supporting a pennant winning team
indians should relocate to north carolina or something

The Pats bandwagon isn't even the most egregious because their core fanbase is beyond atrocious to begin with.

Basketball ones are the worst in general because it's all the same group of gloryhunters and swagfags following a couple players around. there is no honor in the sport. MUH LEBRON. I JUST LIKE DURANT BRO. CURRY FOR 3!!! KOBE!!!

walked with a troy murphy jersey on to school
>hey you a fake fan with a fake jersey
chill dude its just an old jersey
>nah fuck you bandwagon kids
this was said by 5'3" filipino manlet

It's almost tragically sad. The Cavs won a ship, the Indians nearly won a ship, and there are fans who will honestly say, "I would trade both for a Super Bowl ring".

This has been the common cubs "fan" since the 80's

Basketball hasn't had any respect for the sport or fundamentals since the 90s. It's literally just glorified streetball anymore. At least at the collegiate level there are still good fundamentals being used.

>plenty of people bandwagoned the ravens and giants on Sup Forums
Now, compare it to the seahawks bandwagon, or even worse, the current raiders and cowboys bandwagon. If anything, both franchises probably won a couple of fans in Sup Forums.

>the cardinals have the most titles other than the yankees and constantly call themselves the best fans in baseball
while this is true, their fanbase is somehow contained, as opposed to let's say royals, giants, cubs and even the fucking dodgers

>the phillies were a huge bandwagon for a good 3-4 year period, for fucks sake orsonposting was a DIRECT response to it
shitposting about philly isn't bandwagoning

>implying Sup Forums didn't treat them as villains as soon as espn turned into warriors central

They didn't even have that many bandwagoners considering the huge acquisitions they made. They got fucking LeBron and everyone automatically decided they were going to have some huge Cowboys/Patriots bandwagon following which barely even existed but people pretend like it did. The Warriors last year literally had more bandwagoners than the 2010-14 Heat.

Who gives a shit. The only thing worse than bandwagons, is the people that complain about them. Every single year people find a team to whine about. Cub fans are the worst? Are you fucking serious? Funny how the "worst" fans always seem to have a recent championship. Lol people even said the damn Seahawks have the worst fans.

Jeez, stop whining about teams every single year. No one cares that you cheered for a team since you were a cuck child.

Then again, I guess I'm part of the same hypocrisy of "I'll never watch this shit team again."
Yet, every Sunday...there I am, at the bar or in someone's garage, drinking beer, like a ritual for the incoming sadness. Telling myself that "today is the day, it all turns around, then next year we take down the fucking division and get to the playoffs, baby!"

t. Cubs fan

t. Cubs/Broncos/Cavs/Lightning fan

Please, no one gives a fuck about boreball.

sounds like every baseball fan. what kind of autist watches all 162 games

worst fans =/= bandwagon fans

And people should care, while more audience is better for the leagues/teams; it's also the reason why many sports are dumbed down.

Don't have to watch all of them, got the radio for at least half.

WAAAAAHHH THIS GUY ONLY CHEERED FOR A TEAM BECAUSE THEY ARE WINNING! WAAAAAHHHHHH

did you even read it?

desu GSW doesnt deserve being lumped up in the bandwagon hate that the Heat used to receive. 3 of their 5 starters were drafted by the team, and they all grew into superstars. Durant deserves all the hate for jumping into an already championship-calibre team.

>It's another Sup Forums doesn't understand the difference between fairweather and bandwagon

There are no fairweathers on Sup Forums. No complexity, it all boils down to black and white, die hard or bandwagon.

Hating bandwagons means you hate Lebron James

no sane person likes lebron

the cardinals are not fucking contained. you either dont talk in mlb circles or arent an NL fan. they are a blight on the mlb along with the dodgers

the royals are much more of an example of the giants/ravens shit which you just argued wasnt a bandwagon. where were they this past year?

phillies were huge at the time which is why orson started posting, pay attention

>Heat bandwagon
>Warriors bandwagon

you are all fucking wrong though. By far the biggest bandwagon in the NBA is the Spurs. Niggas always think the spurs are unstoppable every season and that Pop is the second coming of Christ. He always gets an excuse for losing and his fanbase gives a convoluted explanation for his actions all the time. Popovich is the J.Cole of coaching, dumbfucks think you need to be of a "certain intelligence" to appreciate him.

This fucking meme again.

user was retarded and inflated the Cubs statistics, but stop pretending the team didn't have an enormous fanbase before his year. They still had fairly good numbers given that they were absolutely awful.

The tourism thing is stupid though. There are Cubs fans everywhere, so it doesn't surprise me that they have a lot tourism. Plus I would wager a majority of the tourists are coming from near Wisconsin and Indiana.

What? Miami bandwagoning was insane. Even here everybody was wearing LeBron and Wade jerseys

Any team that attracts latinos or phillipinos is guaranteed to have a big bandwagon once they start having success.

This includes:
Any California team.
Any Florida team.
Any Texas team.
Steelers, NY and Boston teams.

Kiss the fucking rings, loser.

Naw not really. I'm a LAfag and I even have to say they don't get much bandwagon.

>Any place that isn't a shitty fly over state is bandwagoning

>actually being proud enough to celebrate in a win alongside of a team that doesnt even know you exist

absolutely disgusting

Honestly the only difference between die-hard and bandwagon is whether the team is recently successful.
vikes fans are die-hard and stillers or pats fans are bandwagon,
cubs used to be die hard and dodgers, giants, and red sox are bandwagon

Mr James will always be the 'millenial superhero' in my eyes, hailed as the goat from highschool, illogically beloved as savior by the town that 'raised' him, then leaves to join other 'goats' so the original team can justifiably bitch and whine to everyone, then comes back for endless adoration and forgiveness.
Not saying it's all his fault, either, Leaveland deserved the heavy ribbing for crying like they did when he left and certainly didn't deserve him coming back. Thankfully OKC either understood the lesson or just never bought in to love-hype with Durant when he left. Neither him nor OKC fans deserve the shit Cleveland got because they aren't endlessly whining or racking up brownie points from the league for free lottery picks.

I said that is guaranteed to have a big bandwagon once they start having success, not that all of their fansbases were pure bandwagon. To be fair, most of the west coast teams are fairweather fans and not bandwagoners. And most of the east coast teams actually have some sort of fan culture.

>There are Cubs fans everywhere, so it doesn't surprise me that they have a lot of tourism
If this is the case, then why do the Cubs consistently finish top ten in ballpark attendance, but bottom ten in TV ratings before 2015? WGN owns the rights to broadcast Cubs games, and WGN broadcasts nationally now, so you can't use local networking as an excuse. If there are so many Cubs fans out of state, why aren't they watching their games on television too?

It was not even close to insane relative to how much coverage they got and how big of a deal it was that LeBron joined up with other stars. Yeah of course they had a lot of bandwagoners, but for a team that was supposed to be the biggest super team of all time? Their following really wasn't that big and the haters always drowned out the "fans." Fucking Kobe and the Lakers had more fans at road games than the Heat.

What if you bandwagon a team but still cheer for them? That's how I became a Celtics fan.

To further elaborate, at the very best this shows that the majority of the Cubs fans currently are fairweather fans. Even the Yankees, which are famously a bandwagoned team, have finished in the top two in the AL for attendance and have had some of the best ratings in baseball despite the fact that they've been bad the past five season now.

Of all time? Probably ND. I go to ND and people used bandwagon this team as much as the pats or the boys. every gameday. excluding current students, is literally 90% old people above the age of 60, and we get like tens of thousands of tailgaters each game no matter how shitty we get

wgn chicago is the only wgn that shows cubs, bulls and blackhawks games. wgn america no longer holds the rights. been that way since 2006 or so

Even if that's the case, the media market in Chicago is the third largest in the country behind New York City and Los Angeles. There's no reason that teams like the Rays, Rangers, Diamondbacks, and Mariners should be beating the Cubs in ratings in 2014. Especially if the fans are supposedly "loyal"

The 80s/90s NY/LA bandwagon of Raiders, Lakers, Yankees. TONS of Raiderfags are inexplicably also Yankees fans

Is it really a bandwagon if they were there when the Cubs were fucking shit though?

Remember, the Cubs have always, for some reason, had tons of fans across the country even when they were abysmal.

>boreball