Atheism is the easiest religion to troll

Atheism is the easiest religion to troll

Instead of believing in a god, they believe in another fairy tale of human beings are inherently good and peaceful.

I don't think either of you know what Atheism is.

Can you teach us what Atheism really is?

if it's not about believing in a god then why do they get triggered when Christianity is mentioned? i don't get triggered when people talk about zeus or the easter bunny

Nah, Muslims can get their jimmies rustled pretty easily, and so can a lot of Christians.

There's a difference between mentioning Christianity and enforcing it. It's the same thing with Christians not liking other religions.

>religion

or lack thereof

I'm atheist and I don't believe that. Which is why I own guns.

if you know god is not real then it shouldn't bother you. i see lots of ads about santa claus on Christmas time and i get shit for not celebrating it yet i don't go on a autistic sperging spree telling people santa claus doesn't exist

shit bait thread
banana in anus/10 for giving me a reason to touch my keyboard

God doesn't exist, but people who believe god do exist and affect people's lives. That's why atheists are against religion.

Allah may not exist, but terrorists do.

>I'm atheist
Why? Do you find the idea that the Universe might have an Creator completely impossible or do you have some other reasons?

Atheism is a point of view- in which god is just a story- an idea, and there is no VALID proof for "it's existence" Plain and simple. This isn't about what if's because humans created the idea of God in the first place.

Christianity is a dogmatic religion. Religion doesn't trigger me, it's the people in it who give me concern. They're nuts to put it straight.
Obviously just full of shit and people believe it because they're nothing to stop them. No moral boundary exists for denouncing or believing in a deity, so people choose to- out of ignorance- or fear- of death- or life...It's a personal reason to believe in god, but a stupid one.

>but people who believe god do exist and affect people's lives

but why does that bother you? i thought atheism was about not believing in a god or what? is there an unwritten rule where atheists must spread the anti god gospel?

>Denounces religion because they require faith
>"Don't believe there's no god? Take our word for it, shitlord!"

Go be neckbeards somewhere else. Nobody can know for sure if there is or isn't something greater because there's currently no way to prove or disprove anyone's theories - including yours.

It's not "spreading another gospel". That's what religious people do. Atheists simply stand contrary to the insane belief humans have blindly followed for thousands of years.

Honestly, do you have any sense to you?
Or are you just looking for a ruse?

>God doesn't exist,

That's a very bold statement. Do you have proof that God doesn't exist? Lack of evidence =/= evidence that God doesn't exist.

And here we go

>Idk if he exists so you know what he MIGHT exist LOL
> Dude stop trolling, we both know you're full of shit.

God is an illogical fallacy. Can something you imagine exist?

>Quick imagine a unicorn and it probably exists lol

you're not answering my question though. if you believe that god truly doesn't exist then it shouldn't bother you.

>Atheists simply stand contrary to the insane belief humans have blindly followed for thousands of years.

then no need to be a sperg and tell everyone that god doesn't exist. if you don't like it then simply ignore them. i don't understand the logic you're trying to say.

I see no evidence for a creator. It's as simple as that.

I have a PhD in biochemistry and I work with animal genomes full time as my day job. I see only supporting evidence for the darwinian theory of evolution.

Analysis of genomes gives clear evidence that all life on Earth has a shared common ancestor.

The RNA world hypothesis is a great hypothesis for how life could be created spontaneously on Earth.

The Miller Urey experiment proves how the building blocks of nucleic acids and proteins could arise on a primordial Earth.

Geologic and astronomic evidence suggests the universe is billions of years old, not thousands.

I see plenty of evidence for how things could arise without a deity. Combine that with the total lack of evidence for a deity and I find it very difficult to justify being religious.

You can't limit God to logic. At least learn about the things that you're trying to act smart about.

And you can't move the goalposts any time the opponent is about to score a point against you, faggot

Your question has no answer. That's the point.
It's asinine to find truth in something that never was. Quit your incessant assumptions and come to the logical-most reasonable conclusion. God is an idea/story, like Moby Dick or Harry Potter.

And you're just as nuts for believing God exists just as you'd be if you thought Harry Potter existed irl.

Oh no, they will move the goalposts, just as they've done in every argument about this EVER.
Actually you can, because you imply that god even exists lol,
>God is BEYOND logic everyone, I'm so meta lol

>Actually you can, because you imply that god even exists lol,

pic related
you are an idiot

people who answer a question with no are easy to troll

4/10 i responded

>Atheism is the easiest religion to troll
REEEEEEE

ATHEISM IS NOT A RELIGION, AND YOU CANNOT TROLL SOMEONE INHERENTLY MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOU.

>I see no evidence for a creator.
What kind of evidence would change your mind on the matter?

>HURR DURR BELIEVE THAT GOD DOESNT EXIST RETARD

wow only proving op's point even more. so tl;dr it triggers you what people do in their life solely by their own choice. talk about being a sore loser LOL

>And you're just as nuts for believing God exists just as you'd be if you thought Harry Potter existed irl.

kek where in my posts did you come to that conclusion? wew just look at this level of projection

>PhD in biochemistry
>yet his post is full of 9th grade level science material

>tfw people just don't get it

Cringe. This sounds like someone who read Richard Dawkin's The Selfish Gene and now thinks he has the audacity to say he has a PhD in biochemistry now.

>implying some one with a PhD in biochemistry visits Sup Forums on Sup Forums

KEK

I don't know. Maybe a true stunning miracle or supernatural event. But that has never happened.

Just like UFO, Elvis being alive, Bigfoot, and the Lochness monster, all the evidence for gods is conveniently vague, incomplete, or fabricated.

Trumptards and godfucks. You can SMELL their desperation.

Trump is going to Prison, god is a crock of shit.

Nothing will change these facts. Carry on.

Yeah nerds don't come to Sup Forums
Why do btards always think that only idiots come here? The website has a huge demographic and millions of viewers. It's simple probability that many of the viewers would be highly educated.

I specifically like Sup Forums because it is almost totally uncensored and anonymous. It's fun to come here and talk about anything and everything. Plus I've been coming here for about 10 years now, before I even enrolled in graduate school. So I was a btard long before I ever got my PhD.

Back in 2008 I was posting videos of me putting cockroaches in my lab centrifuge when I was bored in my lab working all night. My science building had lots of fruit fly experiments and no pesticides were allowed in the entire building. This meant it had a cockroach problem.

I would catch them, put them in test tubes, and spin them to high and higher g forces. btards would make bets how fast they could spin before they die. Turns out they can withstand hundreds of G. Finally their guts come out of their exoskeleton but the exoskeleton stays intact. So its a hollow shell of a bug and a puddle of goop at the bottom of the tube.

Yeah yeah whatever. Please stop reading The Selfish Gene because most of it is outdated garbage by now thanks.

Never read it

>implying

nah any extremist are kinda easy to troll

Honestly, the biggest failing of Western atheists – and I say this as one myself – is that they think that millennia-old folkways and foundations of thought and duty can be replaced with a vaguely liberal, hedonistic pablum, and that this is a viable long-term path for our civilization. Jordan Peterson is right: if you believe in nothing, then you're going to be replaced (not just demographically, but spiritually) by those who believe in something.

Which part of the Selfish Gene is outdated?
The stuff in it is fairly uncontroversial. The only thing that was a controversy was Dawkins' opposition to group selection which is pretty much vindicated.

>having faith in a single god is stupid

>having faith in many gods and excluding some is stupid

>being an atheist and proclaiming there is no god is stupid

>being agnostic and acknowledging there are gods is stupid

It's all about spirituality, friend.

But atheism is not a religion.

True. They get triggered worse than most SJWs.

It always makes sad to see so much hate for atheists on this site. It's a stark reminder of how predominantly American its users are. How have you people not died of diabetes yet?

>religious worship gods existence
>atheists worship god's absence
>religious quote the bible
>atheists quote science
>religious people got prophets
>atheists have fedora gentlemen
>religious people believe in non-perversion
>atheists inserts bananas in the ass

Exactly. Santa Clause DOES exist. Those who deny it are just fags.

this.

Most TRUMP voters are Christians.

Alot TRUMP supporters on Sup Forums.

Damn its crowded with Christians on Sup Forums. Dayum

I know this is just a bait thread but I do find it genuinely hilarious how most atheists are just averagely intelligent pop science fags who refuse to entertain even the possibility that God exists.
Consider the following;
-Physicists discovered an actual number that represents the odds that a universe would just turn out the way ours did allowing the eventual emergence of life. The odds were so incredibly small they point to two main possibilities.
a) God done did it with so called "fine tuning".
b) This universe is just one of countless, perhaps infinite, universes that form part of the multiverse.

Let's pause here for a moment to appreciate the genius of almost every single religion/spiritual system that has ever existed which, even if the Multiverse Theory is correct, basically described an anthropomorphic metaphor for a vast all powerful system that is ultimately responsible for our existence. Even shit stained cave men could see the awesome underlying forces that must have been responsible for a universe and existence so wondrous.

Now, back to the Multiverse Theory. It's really no better than the premise of God scientifically speaking. In science something that is not falsifiable (can't be proven right or wrong) is actually worse than wrong because it stagnates progress and discovery and we're left spinning our wheels endlessly debating it. So a question to any of you atheist fags present... can you prove the existence of the multiverse? Can you or any scientist peer outside our plane of existence to confirm or deny it? I thought not.

As for God, well it is logically/scientifically possible that such a being exists. Just as we know there may be other universes because we ourselves live in one, there may well be a sentience beyond this life because we ourselves possess such a phenomenon. In fact, Multiverse Theory posits that there may be similar universes to ours with thinking, feeling entities... but rejects entirely the possibility of a sentient Creator?

Every dubs not rolled = 1 respect for Leafy

Nigger, green text that shit into at least 5 simple lines.

>posts wall of text on Sup Forums
>expects people to have the attention span to make it through the first paragraph

REEEEEEEEE

it wasn't always like this

The chance is so small. But there is still a chance. Let we exactly live in that chance. :)

Be happy about that ok. We should actually celibrate this worldwide that we won this chance of living in this world.

science major, wanted to be a scientist my whole life, love science
raised christian, am atheist

It's today. Sup Forums is a Christian website.

I put it to all you fags, atheist or not, that the universe seems to have been geared towards sentience and the proof of that is the fact that we're sitting here even discussing it in the first place. And we know that the laws of nature, the laws of the fucking universe itself, plant the seed for the eventual emergence of consciousness. It's written into the very blueprint/DNA of reality. Therefore if there is some sort of natural law beyond this universe governing it, it must be logically consistent with the laws within this universe. That means the potential for sentience must also exist beyond our known reality. Otherwise sentience is just some freakish supernatural occurrence not in line with the laws of nature.

TLDR;
We are here because we are meant to be here. If we weren't, we wouldn't be here. Someone or something very like us could be the cause of our being and we know that because if we can exist here in this universe than a similar being must also possibly exist beyond it if natural laws are consistent both within and beyond this universe.

Do you have lab experience yet?
If not, volunteer in a lab
Most people think they love science until they do science. It's not like CSI where there is cool action music playing in the background and you get the amazing results in 10 minutes.
It is the most monotonous and time consuming thing you will ever do. And most experiments fail, if you are doing anything interesting anyways. If everything works the first time then you aren't pushing the limits.

I'm half asleep reading through all of this and this dude posts a 5 page essay on my thread. I would of read everything in green text but not while I'm minutes away from logging off my PC

>atheists quote pop science liberal posts from I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE page on Facebook

ftfy

I have lab experience, if you call undergrad lab "lab experience"
I've wanted to be a scientist since I was six, I'm well aware of how it is

>Atheism
>Religion

Bye.

>Triggered

if atheism is a religion then "off" is a tv channel

Religion, like most words has more than one definition. If you use the looser one (a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance), then yes atheism is a religion in the same way almost anything can be considered a religion. But if you use the main one, the one that we are all ACTUALLY talking about (the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods), then no. It is not.

this

If athiesm is a religion then bald is a hair colour.

it's the channel where nothing is show, not even bad reception

just checking
tons of people burn out quick once they get a taste of a real lab.
And trying to present your research to a auditorium full of old professors with sticks up their asses can be terrifying. Having somebody systematically deconstruct your experiment in front of 100+ people and make you feel like an idiot is terrifying. You are up there alone and everybody is looking at you be made to look like a fool.

But it gives you great motivation to make sure you know your shit for the next presentation.

I once was berated by an old drunk korean professor. They had built a new building on campus and had an opening ceremony with champagne. then the grad students who would be using the new labs gave presentations about their research. He didn't like mine so he ripped into me in a drunken rant. Good times.

that sucks man
that's why I'm not going for an undergrad thesis

You suppose we aren't a product of our universe. The universe created us we were not created for the universe.

Atheism is fine, but the YouTube community bullshit that rose up and tried to be the face of atheism became an in group cult of faggots who lost their whole world to feminists and talking heads with accents but no sense. Now there is just horseshit slung from these idiots and the world knows that as atheism. I don't even slip and say I'm atheist anymore because associating with cock sucking faggots who tried to make a God status of themselves is worse than being a Catholic choirboy.

>they believe in another fairy tale of human beings are inherently good and peaceful
They have NEVER claimed that, wtf are you talking about ?!

He clearly is responding to the assertion often made by atheists that people don't need religion to be moral, but his grasp of the point being made is tenuous at best.

We are a product of our universe. A mere extension of it. We are the self aware aspect of it. In a sense the universe became aware of itself when sentience first emerged through the process of evolution and the laws that govern the universe dictate that this would always happen some place at some time and it also means there must be logically consistent laws beyond our universe. Do you agree?

>and the laws that govern the universe dictate that this would always happen some place at some time and it also means there must be logically consistent laws beyond our universe.
This is where you stopped making sense.

Guys just stop it it's obv a bait thread lol. Don't feed the faggots

All of you simpletons arguing about God & Atheism when we are all a giant computer simulation.