What are the essential skills every person should know according to you Sup Forums?

What are the essential skills every person should know according to you Sup Forums?

Sucking a dick faggot

Critical thinking

>lockpicking
>farming/agricultural skills
>hunting/tracking
>how to start a fire
>more than 1 language

Amazing.. Just amazing

Where do I get material to learn this stuff? Any idea ?

Not one of those things are essential. Are you a fucking idiot?

Op here... I think these skills are useful at the least so its okay works for me.

>lockpicking
Autists thinking they're a super criminal
>farming/agricultural skills
Have you heard of shops?
>hunting/tracking
Have you heard of butchers?
>how to start a fire
Matches/lighters are like $1
>more than 1 language
Tech makes this less and less needed

Seems more like skills needed to survive an apocalypse

/t/ and look for book torrents there
>lockpicking
always needed, cars, basic doors, windows.
>farming
i'd replace that with cooking if you live in the city.
>hunting/tracking
not as useful in the city unless an apolcalypse comes, but hunting means you know how to use a rifle so it is.
>how to start a fire
can replace with a lighter
>more than one language
always needed.

Jesus Christ
Are you a lab rat?

>Tech makes this less and less needed

Ask me how i know you're a virgin american.

Actual skills:
Basic money management
Basic cooking
Driving or cycling
Basic literacy and numeracy
Basic social skills

Anything else isn't essential

How are they useful? Do you fucktards know it's 2017?

Changing your tires and oil

>hunting means you know how to use a rifle so it is

>what is trapping and archery?

Thanks will try to look for those. Any other ideas ? I'm an anti social faggot trying to make myself a little more practical

"according to you"
Reading a book/youtube can teach you almost anything.
As for lockpicking, buy a cheap start set online (like 40 bucks) and just practice on doors and padlocks until you learn.
It's really not that hard, but getting GOOD and being able to open locks that have 7+ pins and high security features like Spool Pins or annoying shaped key holes are a bitch.
European locks are assss.
I got some locks when I was in Slovakia and some from Italy. Top quality shit.

Tell me how farming is an essential skill and I'll Paypal you $100

Well I'm neither, and how am I wrong?

Not essential but useful nonetheless. Imagine yourself lost in a forest without a connection

Everything about your posts says that you are a virgin neckbeard and would die in a week if shit ever hit the fan.
I'm far from what I'd call a survivalist, but those are basic easy skills that anyone can and should learn that can come in handy at any time.

>why learn how to jump start a car?? I got AAA derp

Will do sir

I don't think I've ever been lost in a forest

Tech will never beat knowing multiple languages, do you know how much money diplomatic interpreters make?
You actually think tech can replace them?
You think you can translate works of literature from one language to another using tech?

Please..

essential?
>basic first aid
>some form of striking and basic grappling
>handgun training

You're a survivalist and you're calling him a virgin neckbeard? Oh the fucking irony.

What are you trying to survive, dumbass?

you have to be a fucking city dwelling troll.
do you think your food just magically falls from the sky?

Reading comprehension dumbass

My uncle taught me

change a tire
cook a 4 course meal
iron your own clothes
there's more but I'm too tired

Come in handy =/= essential
If you can go a whole year without ever needing any of the skills, it's not essential. Also if 'shit hits the fan' well them I'm fucked, but so are all of you.

>more than 1 language
>Tech makes this less and less needed
How? Google translate? Nice, stay stupid fat man

Guys no need to debate just give your views

Depends really, i can tell you i have friends who own multiply assets far away from human contact deep in Norway/Denmark, they're stocked on seeds and it can last them for years.

Without the knowledge of farming it's useless, basic farming can come a long way if you're ever stuck somewhere.

>What are you trying to survive
life itself. universe wants you dead user

Farming isn't a skill required by 99% of the population.

What sort of idiot thinks everyone should be rearing their own cattle? What sort of idiot are you?

>how to start a fire

Even with a lighter you need to know the basics of building a fire. I knew a woman who thought she could light this big log in her fireplace and couldn't understand when it would just catch fire from a single match. I had to tell and show her that she had to burn smaller stuff first to build up to that log.

HAHAH omg right!?!?!?
It's like he didnt even fucking read my post.
I even said im not a survivalist, these are simple basic still you learn as a 7 year old when you go camping.
Jesus Christ, you grew up in a shitty family in a city prolly. hell prolly a nigger.
"food stamps dont magically make food appear in yo fridge"
People outside your little bubble of autism actually DO THINGS to live.

Literature is easier than spoken language, scan in to a computer and print out a near perfect translation. And if you happen to be a diplomat then yes it's essential, but surprising not everyone is. Again, essential doesn't mean vaguely useful occasionally.

I really want to abuse left

Breathing

A lot of people do... I wish I had more of her photos

Yeah pretty much, auto translators. I can read anything written in almost any language with zero effort. You can maybe read 1 or 2 other languages with hours and hours of effort

Ok so maybe not "farming" but basic gardening; how to keep plants that grow food. City or not it is still a good idea to know how to check the soil for water and nutrients, and how to pollinate plants indoors.

Hahahahaha so funny . faggots cracking 12 yo jokes...

Why is there any need for someone to be able to hunt or farm? You realise we're not all rednecks, right?

Anything at all? Really want to fap

Basic planting of their own crops at the very least.
Like fuck nigger.
Even if you live in an apartment, learn how to properly take care of plants.
Put a few tomatoes cucumbers and carrots on your veranda or near a window. Save yourself like $100 bucks over the summer being able to grow your own veggies.
Try NOT living off the ramen noodles from the 7/11 faggot

>Social communication and social skills
>Basic DIY
>Grooming and self appearance
>Basic fitness and strength
>Writing well
>Selling
>At least rudimentary math skills

All of these are sorely lacking on Sup Forums

ITT: I grew a tomato plant once, now I'll survive anything

What the fuck are you on about? Save $100 over a summer? I just spent $100 on a new shirt.

Sorry you're poor, bro.

You talking about the fat ginger right ? She was posted yesterday.. No nudes BTW

Be able to run at least 6 miles without stopping

What if a rednecks just one day out of the blue decide that fuck your faggot city hipster ass and go eat concrete if you're hungry gayboy and stop trading with you?

This guy gets it. Fuck farming.

Any more bikini? Any ass shots?
Thanks bro

Basic vehicle maintenance (Oil change, spark plugs, tire rotation).
Cooking & baking: more than just using a microwave. Including how to make your own bread from scratch.
Basic household maintenance: painting, drywall repair, replace a light switch and/or outlet.
Basic housekeeping.

I'm not a criminal nigger who needs to learn that to run away from the police

Do you know how business works? It's almost like you don't understand simple economics

>Literature is easier than spoken language

I hope you're joking, it's almost impossible to translate works of literature, poems novels and plays.

Do you even look at debats between politicians?
interpreters will always be needed, you can't convey the message by simple translation of words like a computer, stop kidding yourself.

How many languages do you speak? and by speak i'm mean FLUENT in them, i'm really curious.

This is actually the single dumbest thing I've read on Sup Forums

Naah bro. That faggot didn't post anymore.

for you.

"why bother eating healthy or exercising? were not all in the olympics."
"why bother learning how to pump gas or change your own oil? were not all mechanics."
"why bother learning how to install a light bulb or ceiling fan? were not all electricians."
"why bother learning how to make something other grilled cheese and hungry man frozen dinners? were not all chefs."
"why bother learning how to code or properly torrent software? were not all hackers."

The same argument youre using just makes you sound ignorant and useless user.

to resist shitposting

Gun safety. That shit should be taught in schools again, but no libtard parents would rather never let their kids hear about guns and then act shocked when they encounter one and shoot themselves in the face

Replacing a light switch is far beyond entry level maintenance.

Don't act smart on us when you can't even grow a fucking plant you fucking moron. What can you seriously offer us for exchange for food?

This guy gets it... The OP honours you

>$100 on a tshirt

Confirmed nigger. Hope that Kanye West shirt feels great.

Damn I was fantasizing about her getting tied up and fucked by her friends

Lol that's not true at all. It's simple. :).

Moar of the blonde one OP

i like how "rich" people think theyre rich because they swallow cum from big business

>approves DIY skills
>doesnt understand that things like being self sufficient (eq getting your own food) is essential

The questions was what essential skills were. If you can tell me how farming is an essential skill then I bow down to you.

Fortunately I can tell you're way too retarded for that.

retard detected.

Trips
I wonder what's this about her.. The time she was posted one guy started off saying he's in love with her. Probably her innocent face that I want to cum on..

Almost impossible? Not really, sure it might not flow well and poems won't really work, but for a normal book you can easily translate it and understand what's being said. And it's only getting better.
I speak English only, and it's the only language I'll ever need.
Honestly though, what good is being fluent in French if you're speaking to a Chinese person? Only reason to learn a second language is if it's very common where you live, like Canada has French and English. Prove me wrong

hands free fapping

People get their food from shops, bro.

>drive
>write
>find a woman g-spot
>suck a dick
>lie well
>get one with anyone

I'm doing well in life with these limited skills.

Don't have anything on her... But she's yummy too

What happens when shop's supplier runs out of it?

Prove me wrong

Big business pays me a fucking good wage. Get the fuck back to Wendys

Adding to the above:

Basic math: add, subtract, multiply, divide with whole numbers, fractions, and decimals...with pen and paper, not a calculator.

Reading and writing. I can not stress this enough. I have seen so many resumes that have been written by twenty-somethings that look like they were written by third graders. All simple sentences, poor grammar, even worse spelling (don't know how to spell check?), and the candidate thinks he or she should be paid six figure salaries out of the box on graduation day. These are *entry level* positions, kids. Good luck getting more than $45k as an associate help desk tech.

HOW MOTHERFUCKER HOW DO YOU DO THAT ?

I love it when fat but not obese girls wear bikinis they must know guys want to use them for sex when they present themselves like that

Imagine you have a house in the countryside, you get deep in debt, or your wife fucking sues you for everything you have, or you accidentally did something so stupid you're facing 5+ years in jail.

You need to get off the grid or you just want to run away, or you got old and you want to live quitely without having to face niggers in the streets 24/7 because let's face it buddy, in 20 years everything can happen.

You have that one place in the countryside stocked with seeds and basic supplies, you need to know how to farm boy.

Being able to be self sufficient and grow and maintain your own land and food source means you can eat even if a food shortage happens to others.
I guess it comes down to eating.
Have you heard of eating?
It's this pretty cool new fucking trend where you put food in your god damn mouth.

Never happened in my lifetime, kid. And if it did a few carrots in my back yard ain't gonna provide much sustenance.

>lockpicking

Fedora detected

Not the guy you're replying to.

I don't know what your argument is, then. The question was about essentials, which you agreed they aren't.

When was the last time you suffered a food shortage?

Fat girls usually are insecure and eager to please... Heard that they give amazing blowjobs too. Too bad I'm still a virgin

Those mental gymnastics are incredible. What if you go on a boat and it sinks, can you swim 10 miles? What if you're on a plane and the pilot passes out, can you land the plane?