OK guys. im building a new gaming pc and i have no clue what i want. i have about 2500 to spare and i want a decent pc...

OK guys. im building a new gaming pc and i have no clue what i want. i have about 2500 to spare and i want a decent pc. any suggestiong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xtLHvFy_Ws8
de.pcpartpicker.com/b/vmq48d
logicalincrements.com/
kitguru.net/components/cpu/paul-taylor/core-i7-7700k-temperature-spikes-enrage-users/
pcpartpicker.com/list/ZRgvQV
steamcommunity.com/id/koolkid696
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

logicalincrements.com

You know, there is a rule that you have to be over 18 to be here.

2,500$ on a gaming PC?

Would you like to become a farmer?

Ur spending too much
youtu.be/xtLHvFy_Ws8

bitch im 24

Buy a ready to use pc. You dont seem to be able to build a pc on your own since you obviously have no idea what you are doing.

i dont need to spend it ALL thats just the spare money i have to build one.

XBOX

Just buy an xbox, cheaper than mosts pcs you can buy

last i built one was 2010. i dont want a pre built.

You know posts like this? These are what make forums a fucking nightmare to find the answer you're looking for.

>Q: I want to find a {thing} so that I can {activity}
>A: Why do you want to {activity} with a {thing}?

Just fucking assume that he's spending $2500 on a gaming PC and either answer his question, or keep, the fuck, quiet.

found the kids

i have an xbox already and a ps4. just need a new pc

go for something like this - de.pcpartpicker.com/b/vmq48d
But add a GTX1080Ti

That's bollocks. I'm on my 3rd PC that I've built myself, and I've never had any problems.

Each time I research parts and build a spec. But because it's 4 or 5 years between building, when it comes time to do it, you're literally starting from scratch.

OP just wants a little advice on what to look out for.

OK, OP I suggest you wait for Intel's new processors because the i7 7700k is a train wreck temperature wise, and amd isn't that great.

>asking rdm ppl online to tell him what to put in his pc
>doesnt want a prebuilt
What? Just buy a prebuilt and a model building kit if you want to screw some screws... there is literally no point in ruining 1000s of dollars in hardware just cause you are inexperienced.

1st legit reply.

GPU = evga gtx 1080
CPU = Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Processor
Powers = Corsair RM750x 750W PSU
Ram = Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 16GB

Fans and cooling is something more personl so u need to find out urself.

Intel i-7, or newest AMD motherboard is an 8 core unit that runs all of them simultaneously. Best on the market for color and high end data processing for video games using 144fps+ or 144hz screens. Also, Nvidia GeForce 1080 GTX over clocked version. Then, get a liquid cooling unit so you don't have to clean the inside of your fans, get a nice case with a lot of room to work in you don't wanna have your hands and all of your components cramped in there. It's a pain in the ass when building. Umm, those are really the most important components to a fantastic gaming computer.

See, this is a good reply. Thread should be full of things like this.

Buy a voodoo gcard nigguh

I7
16 gigs of ram
2T hdd
256 Gb ssd
done
case and keyboard n mouse are whatevs you want. i use a bare bones logitec marble mouse.
hell my rig before my house flooded was built in an old server tower from the late 90s had to drill holes to screw down the motherboard, but it was fun having a rig that looked like trash but had nice as fuck specs. i called it frankencomp

Retards
Only good answer

see By the time you know how to build the thing you should be able to decide for yourself what you actually want, the only reason you should come to a board is to ask specifics, i.e. ryzen, intel or AMD. Geforce or radeon. g-sync or freesync.

Be more specific.

Lol, naw the i-7's are great. The new AMD motherboard is great. I'm sorry you're a broke nigger and can't afford a nice fan or lack the knowledge to modify your motherboards when they fail. Hurr durr, I know about computers but I never went to school for Electrical Engineering. Inb4
Hurr Durr let's buy something that doesn't exist.

Protip: if you dont know what pic related is, dont do it yourself.

logicalincrements.com/
use this site as a reference. make sure you don't make a meme machine

i7 latest with 4.20GHZ
32GB DDR4 RAM
480GB SSD
GTX 1080Ti
2x 2TB Seagate HDD's
Intel Pro Gaming Z180
BE QUIET full tower case
1000W PSU

Or have my specs which is baso the same but with a 980 Ti

>had to drill holes to screw down the motherboard

you degenerate motherfucker

ty

Take your fucking bullet post to a gun thread, you fucking redneck.

oH and one big nig of a cooler with your socket support which the lastest i7 is 1151

You're screeching doesn't disprove facts

kitguru.net/components/cpu/paul-taylor/core-i7-7700k-temperature-spikes-enrage-users/

Just type in "i7 7700k temperature" in google and and take good look

Kek'd this is funny.

>forums
>asking in Sup Forums

Jesus fucking christ, how much of a faggot are you?

ASUS Maximus IX Hero, Socket-1151 almos forgot.

this much

theres alot of people who have been telling me not to get a liquid cooled pc. ive never had a liquid cooled

logicalincrements.com/

yes, buy a ps4 and a whore you plebe

?

It doesn't matter if you use a water cooling system and obviously the i-7's are meant for multi core processing, you're supposed to sync up 4+ of them and use them for data mining. I-5's have much better temperature. I'm not saying that your evidence isn't true it is I'm just saying that when you're spending 2500$ you should buy the most up to date cooling system and the highest capable Mobo...but if you really wanted my opinion two i-5's synced to two separate hard drives that fragment your data would be a solid way to go. It

i already have a ps4

Get liquid cooled. If you're paying so much for the most premium parts like an OC K Intel chip, you'll need the cooling.
Don't do a custom loop, just buy an AIO for $100 and boom, done

You're retarded, the processors are flawed, no point in top of the line cooling systems when they're faulty.

Don't half ass your purchase liquid cooling is an amazing step of advancement in coolant systems. You can even get liquids that sit at lower temperatures then water does.

What are these for? They came with my motherboard but wasnt sure what to do with them. I assume extra screws?

im not saying i have to spend all 2500. thats just the limit that i have to build a new one. it doesnt have to cost the whole 2500

I mean, I can modify anything to be unflawed and correct the data in the system...so that's simple shit. Also, you bashed on AMD's without any proper response. I'm no retard lol. You're just upset you can't listen to other people's opinions that's why it's so hard for you to find a job.

You can built a damn decent one for half the price. I'd do that since you don't really know what you're up against and look at some other sites that have some pretty damn nice custom builds for that amount.

Spend the rest on hookers and blow.

LE LOL NICE MEME XD

is this in US dollars?

yea

thx u 2 :3

Here ya go OP, I just built this last month. It's not used primarily for gaming, but it gets the job done when I'm in the mood.

It's higher than your price point, but it at least gives some ideas.

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZRgvQV

Invest 200 in a gym membership
100 screen
120-200 into mouse headset and keyboard ( maybe even a bit more)
Buy decent PC with ~2k and don't give too much credit to the looks. Compare via websites. Also invest 20 in a toypussy

420 blaze it

lmfao i already have a gym membership.
dont need a headset already have one.
keyboard mouse and moniter already picked out.
and what use would a toypussy be when i dont have a dick because im a chick?

had to make it fit somehow. the holes didn't line up. i also had a 6 inch fan from radio shack mounted on the front forcing air into the case. all the ports save for the old fan vents were closed. it was an amplifier cooling fan meant to go in a car. fucker was loud as hell. but it damn near turned the fan on the power supply backwards

G.Skill Ram works better with Kaby Lake, it's actually surpassed Corsair when it comes to overall performance.

>what use would a toypussy be

hide your drugs in it

>because im a chick
>soitbegins.jpg

>gym membership

Hi guys im new here and what is this gaming "pc" op speaks of?

> Buy toypussy and give it to the dude who needs it most ( in ur opinion)
> keep toypussy and make cute dresses for it
> keep toypussy for the hugs and kisses
> ok you don't need fucking 2.5 k for a computer. All around 1-1.5 k you should be more than fine. Spend the rest on other stuff

go with an i5-7600k instead of an i7

My suggestion:
ASUS 980Ti graphics card
2x 8GB DDR4 RAM (Corsair or whatever)
250GB SSD
1TB WD (Blue) HDD (faster RPM)
2k gaming monitor
cherry mx red keyboard
razer mouse (choose on hand size)
And gib steam game to your best pal at
steamcommunity.com/id/koolkid696

My build was around 2500, maybe a little more.

- EVGA Z270 Classified K Motherboard.
- Intel Core i7-7700K
- Trident Z RGB Series (I have 32 Gig but you can save like $200 by dropping to 16.
- EVGA 1080ti FTW3
- - Intel 512 GB SSD m.2.

And I mixed all that shit with my previous build.

- Cooler Master HAF-X Case.
- EVGA 1000 Watt PSU (always planed on going SLI, but never did).
- WB 4TB Caviar Black HDD (x2).

I'm thinking of getting the Intel Optane m.2 since I do have a fair amount of games on my HDD's.

Also just ordered an EVGA 280 CLC so I can get ride of the Cooler Master 212 Evo.

Plus intel i5 (only use i7 if you're gonna do rendering, otherwise it's not really necessary)

Motherboard standoffs. They screw into the frame of your case and the mobo rests on top of them to prevent the case from potentially shorting out the mobo.

lol @ 980ti. this wouldve been a decent pc 3-4 years ago

I'm using it and get 200fps on overwatch at 2k max settings, 60fps recording... I never do anything more graphics intensive than that.

980ti is still a great card, and if you're on a budget but still want a gaming computer than it's a good choice as it can still handle all modern games at Ultra settings.

Total cost of this, including all peripherals and shipping was $2000.

yeh, its still a decent card, but not on a $2500 budget

It is if you need to buy everything else. A 1080ti would already cut a massive chunk out of that $2500 budget.

Then you still want decent RAM a good CPU, a PSU, a SSD, a HDD, a Motherboard. CPU cooler.

And a tower.

This is now a spec thread. Let's see what y'all got.

Fractal Design Define R5 case
Dark Rock Pro 3 cooler
RAM is set to XMP at 3505 Mhz
GPU is OC to 2075 Mhz
CPU is OC to 4.6 Ghz
Corsair K95 keyboard
RAT 7 mouse

Fuck that pc is and will always be cheaper you cant mos consoles like you use to be able to.

bro with that you can build a vr ready and buy the oculous

just spend 800 - 1000 for the pc and use the rest for japanese sex doll or some shit. Its really not worth spending more than 1k unless you want 20 fps more for an overpriced discoball

1080ti = 700 $
Ryzen 1700X = 400$
Ryzen MOBO = 300$
So you'll spend like 1400 $ for the essentials.
1100$ to go.

Get a case with decent air flow and plenty of room in case you wanna get another 1080ti in the future. but don't spend more than 150$
950 to go

850W 80+platinum PSU should be around 150$
800$ to go
32gb ddr4 ram at least 2600mhz 250$
550 to go

get 500 gb samsung 960 pro PCIE serie SSD 300$

you are left with 250. Spend it on whatever you like.

I hope monitor, keyboard, mouse and sound weren't included.
Because then you'll have to go with a regular ass 1080 and i7 7700k instead. And likely be more conservative with your PSU and SSD too.

Lol that 1k psu what a waste

Figure out what you actually want the pc to do. I.e. resolution, settings, and its general purpose. You will find out you dont need half the system these idiots are telling you to build.

a 980Ti might have been a worthy card a couple years ago niglet.

Why i-5 and no Ryzen? If you run an 1080 you should buy a i-7

taking overwatch for graphic power measurements.
kek boi, you are dense.

this is fine
980 is sligthly behind 1060 performance wise and around that of a 480RX (runs every current game at 40-60 fps on high settings 1,5k) upgrading in 2years is way cheaper than going all out now. Unless you want VR now, than you should get a 1080
also this,
i7 is not worth it. Get an i5 or current AMD Ryzen are fine too

for RAM use 8gb sticks instead of 4gb. With 4slot you can later upgrade to 32gb if needed. 16gb aren't worth it since you will probably have a new motherboard (new DDR generation) years before you need more than 32gb

add a second 1TB HDD for backups
razer mouse are good logitech is a bit more durable

I built it last spring I think and Ryzen was still being teased at that point. Still haven't decided on which CPU to upgrade to and when.

My brother have a i5-6400 and streming sometimes its no enough.

And boy, what a amazing setup im very jelous, in comparison with mine its fucking awesome

Pic related:my PC with a i7-6700k and gtx770 wating for my 1070 to upgrade

bump

If OP wants to enjoy and consume high end fps games and action shooter and all the new games coming out. Get yourself a MACINTOSH. You will also have a healthy social sex life as the MAC isnt capable of running the real fun stuff. Do you waste your sparemoney on expensive shit what cant do shit so it gets boring very quick but its got an apple on it. Girls like apple computer they dont think you are a geek creep. You get the point OP?

I just built a gaming rig for 1500. There's no reason it should cost you more than that (unless you're getting designer grade GPUs).

Get an MSI gaming motherboard. I got the Z270 M5. They're great, and you can expand a ton on them.
Get 2 GPUs and SLI them together. Get at the least an NVidia gtx 970, cause that and above are VR ready.
Thermaltake make good power supply units. Get at least 800mW. You'll want the power for gaming.
Know that all iSeries CPUs are the same item. i3 means 30%-49% works. i5 means 50%-69% works. i7 means that 70% or more passed the quality test. So yes, buying an i3 means you're buying broken stuff.

Your family is poor?
user_with_$3000_PC

Terrible fucking advice, dont sli and 970 is a pile of shit not enough memory. Get 1 dedicated card and just buy a psu made by seasonic or superflower (maker not brand) and your wattage required will depend on what you buy. Processor is only important based on what you buy if you want a balls out system stfu and wait it isnt the right time for that. If you want something to get you by for awhile i5 if you arent buying a very high end gpu i7 if you are. Yeah ryzen looks great for multi threaded shit but you are gaming.

Ugly case.

CPU is still the most critical bottleneck. Make sure your CPU is at least 4.0 GHz. You WILL see the difference over one that is 3.0 or less.