Hi guys

Hi guys.

My fidget spinner has started feeling a little sluggish, even making a bit more noise than usual.

I'm thinking of dousing the bad boy in a load of WD40 as a short-term fix.

Any advice/comments/similar experiences?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-europe-40056425
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're even less social than the people who admin on GMod servers.

follow

girl i know has one of those and she was complaining that it was screaming and slowing down so I told her to clean the bearings.

"the what?"

High quality ceramic bearings are better.

They use very little, and in some cases NO lubrication because it is not needed.

WD-40 is not a good lubricant, it's a DE lubricant. Although it can be used to help thin down some lubricants.

Happy spinnin man.

Thanks man. I've been considering an upgrade for sometime.

In the meantime, is there anything I could use? Vaseline? Motor oil?

99% rubbing alcohol, or 91 if you can't find 99. Put the alcohol in a dish big enough for the spinner to submerge. Swish that spinner in the alcohol.

Spin it 2 or 3 times each direction. Swish that shit again. Spin that shit again.

Then this is the important part, dry your spinner with a hair dryer. Any left over water from the alcohol will rust your bearings.

The alcohol will remove the lubricant it came with, as well as pocket lint that accumulated in the bearings. You'll have longer spin times but it'll be louder now.

Don't use any lube, that shit is sticky and will accumulate lint and other debris faster, leading to more cleaning.

WD40 isn't a lube you fucking cunt.

You need a thick bearing lubricant, it's usually white or grey and almost has the consistency of peanut butter.

Since you already have wd-40 you can add about a 10%/900% ratio for a lighter, more viscous lubricant.

You need so little that even half a drop would be too much.

Happy spinnin

That's not what your mother said when I slid my dick in her ass.

These are just like roller blade bearings.

Don't use wd40, but white lithium grease spray will work fine. Clean the thing first though you autistic fuck.

(The implication is that my dick was covered in WD40)

ITT: Newfags attempting to make autism toys into the next cancerous fingerbox meme.

>implying implications

You could at least use power graphite.

No lube = wear and wear = slower spin

You know when you have good lube because it has very little resistance and is relatively quiet. Noise = movement, movement = deformed bearings.

Magnet bearings sealed inside a vacuum chamber, with a non-air displacing design would be cool.

Anyone know where to find something like this?

Rotation is the most important movement in science. Every atom has rotation.

Spinners are going to create ground breaking discoveries that help science move forward, and it will improve mankind, even normies like you will benefit.

So leave us alone.

Happy spinnin

>reddit spacing
Thanks for the confirmation, tourist.

mY FiDget sPiNNer hAs StArTeD fE3linG aLiTtlE sLuGGisH

Wow, fascinating - I can see there's clearly some debate between the lube and non-lube users.

I'm intrigued by this 'power graphite'. Where would one go about getting some? And is it vegan?

>didn't imply the implication, simply stated it

Go make a meme that has been seen by 100 million people like me and then maybe you can talk.

>get some peanut butter and bread for that jelly fam

>implying my implications of your implied implications

The last time I laughed at a your mom joke like this was 10+ years ago. Fucking good one user

I'll break it down for the normies

Poorfag level: plastic, abec 3 bearing, no swag
Medium income fag: aluminum, abec 7, no swag
Medium upper income fag: Stainless, ceramic bearing, some swag
Higher end level: Magnesium, ceramic commercially rated bearing, heavy swag

Autism King level: Tungsten, ceramic commercial bearing, custom made, swag level (broke the meter, holograms, no air displacement)

Now you know normie

I don't have autism, so no I do not.

Don't use WD40 on it. Use WD30.

Big companies know we can make engineering breakthroughs look at this attempt to make fidget spinners illegal:

bbc.com/news/world-europe-40056425

Wow, thank you - do you have any particular recommendations? Personally, I'm especially fond of the 'swag', lol!

I was at the club once with my custom made spinner and guess what happened? A girl walked up to me and asked what it was and within 30 minutes I was balls deep in her vagina. She was a solid 8/10 and I am a 6/10.

My spinner got me sex. Something is happening, when normies pretend to be autistic the game has official changed my man.

Shit bait.

Who on Sup Forums would give a fuck about a "fidget spinner"?

"engineering breakthroughs"... with fidget spinners?... go on...

Spin on you crazy diamond!

The best swag IMO is a very personal thing.

I myself enjoy colors, so I prefer a nice non air displaced tungsten spinner with a (glass glitter) wrap from a vinyl company called ON2 Percussion that make them custom.

I do like spirals too, but have yet to made an order.

WD40 is not a lubricant.

Don't listen to this guy, hes a fucking idiot. For small fast moving parts like these bearings, you want a thinner less viscous lubricant. Thicker lubricants are for larger, slower moving parts and more dirt will stick to it causing it to slow down and gunk up. Get some Bones speed cream.

What the fuck is fidget spinner?

Hmm, tell me more about this 'non-air displacement' concept.

Ball bearings have always been the pinnacle of how engineering is judged in every country. Them becoming a trend, with thousands of people working to make them better, there will be people that discover new things, and they can patent them.

That's why I suggest he thin down the lubricant.

Do you even know how to customize a lubricants viscosity bro?

Disc shaped, no holes.

You could even have it coated in teflon so even the relative humidity can't cause friction.

Rotational aerodynamics. A spinner with a gold ball-like surface could even reduce air resistance even more. Fighter jets don't even have such features.

Yes, use lots of WD-40. Or barbasol. Be sure not to apply anything else; let it air dry.

golf ball like surface*

Low key finger spinners are kinda fun to mess around with

I guess, but why not just use a low viscosity lubricant to begin with ?

These new Autism diagnosis tools were a very clever move by the doctors. Probably saves them a lot of time

Actually this. Don't worry, these shitty things will be outdated soon enough, before the next dumb item

WD-40 is not a lubricant

They're skateboard wheel bearings, use what they use.

Retired pro here, I was actually one of the first people to use fidget spinners!
As I tweaked and made them myself I always used fat instead of oil, since it lastst a lot longer.
I broke my thumb in 8 places last month, that's why I retired

Jesus. It must be hard to walk away from a career like that.

Clean with alcohol Wd 40 whatever.

Skateboard lube, or my favorite jiffy lube works well. Just need a little.

Or u can man up and use a spinner with sealed bearings.

All ballz bearings are my faves. Cool stickers too.

Ceramics are cool but u can smash em easy when you go into a fit of autistic rage. Plus they are uber expensive.

I personally use Hoppes gun oil on things

They use skateboard bearings, and not even good ones (chinesium).

Wd40 is penetrating oil (kek) not lubricant.

Get some greaseballs or triflow. You now have lube that is worth more than your spinner.